Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stories from the Sales Frontlines

Comments

• fezofezo Posts: 9,195
    "If a convention were to come into Orlando, cars get moved there. During the Daytona 500, cars get moved to up there."

Wow. They run rentals at the Daytona 500? :P
  • mako1amako1a VirginiaPosts: 1,593
    Happy birthday to me! Fezo, you're one of these guys that

in the year 2030 somebody will say "where's Fezo" and someone else will say

"He's out celebrating his 18th Birthday". Congrats on the hardest year.

2013 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500 LT HD, 2001 GMC Yukon Denali

• fezofezo Posts: 9,195
    stick - the restrictions are still on because they want better t cell and platelet counts. I can live with that. Been a good day. Went out to dinner with my wife, the younger daughters (the older ones couldn't make and felt bad about it) and a good friend who is one of the people I mention who took up a great deal more than her fair share of seeing me through this. Got a few little presents. Nice.
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 7,092
    I'm a little confused about the top options. Maybe you could shed some light for me. Jeep comes with the soft top, standard. The hard top is optional (black or body color). If you get the hard top, does it delete the soft top unless you get the "dual top group?" What's the difference between the standard soft top & the sun rider soft top?

2001 Honda Prelude Type SH/ 2011 BMW 328xi / 2011 Honda Pilot EX-L w/ Navigation

• houdini1houdini1 Kansas City areaPosts: 5,769
    edited March 2013
    I told you when all this started that you were so tough you would outlast all of us. Wonderful news fezo !! You 'da Man !

2013 LX 570 2010 LS 460

• verdugoverdugo Posts: 1,977
    That makes sense. I wonder how much more expensive it is to ship them 8 at a time (or whatever number) on a car carrier.
    Congrats Fezo. You better stick around for many years to come.
    Jeep comes with the soft top, standard. The hard top is optional (black or body color). If you get the hard top, does it delete the soft top unless you get the "dual top group?" What's the difference between the standard soft top & the sun rider soft top?

You got it correct.

Standard: Soft top
    Option: Add hard top, delete soft top
    Option: Dual top group: It comes with the hard top, and the soft top is rolled up/folded inside.

"Sunride from Bestop is a Jeep soft top that allows you to peel the top back and let the sun shine in - perfect for those days of constantly changing weather conditions."

I guess it's like a cloth sun roof. :P
  • sandman_6472sandman_6472 Coral Springs, FLPosts: 2,576
    They move the vehicles to where they have reservations. Miami is a large airport and they always need vehicles there. Ditto for Orlando and Tampa and we are cheaper than a car carrier and more efficient. Like yesterday, we did 4 runs from West Palm to Miami...now that's 40 vehicles and we did it in about 10 hours as we can't tell how traffic will be. Much cheaper and more efficient. Today they needed less vehicles so they only had four trips between two groups. I suspect this weekend will be quite busy with folks coming down and going back up so many vehicles will be needed.

We have a Versa SL with the CVT and it is a very good vehicle. Once the sound of the CVT is understood, it really is no problem. It's just that the noise bothers folks used to a traditional slushbox but really, the CVT is more efficient and has plenty of power for anything it needs to do. I'm so used to it now I never ever notice it. Once I get back into the other vehicles, I miss it actually.

Our house is 1900 under air and the perfect size especially now that the kids are all gone. Cheap to keep and not to bad to keep clean...we have the service come in every six weeks now instead of every three weeks. Since we paid it off back in '95, life just seems so much better as we don't have to worry every month anymore, so I guess all those years of scrimping and saving and driving older vehicles did pay off. We decided long ago to never have more house than we needed and this size still fits us. The oldest is coming down tomorrow night and sleeping over as she's meeting her friends on Saturday for brunch. It's nice to have the room for her to do this whenever as I miss hanging out with the kids now that they really have flown the coop. But am very glad when they do go home...we have the best of both worlds!

The Sandman :) :sick: :shades:

Have been working now for two months and they've been the best months of my life actually. Hard to believe that just over a year ago I was so depressed about my constant pain and never thought I'd ever work again. But thanks to G-d up above, I learned that I had to incorporate my pain into my life and stop letting it run my life and now when I have a really bad day, like yesterday, I just acknowledge it and move on. It's the mindset that makes all the difference!

2014 Hyundai Tuscon SE/2005 Mazda 3s/2008 Hyundai Accent GLS/2009 Nissan Versa SL hatch

• tjc78tjc78 JerseyPosts: 5,023
    Haven't been posting much lately, it's been a sad week for our family. I didn't say anything but my Stepdad had been in the hospital with unexplained respiratory issues for the last month. Two different hospitals actually. In the end it was determined he had respiratory onset ALS. This is the worst form as all the late stage symptoms attack you first. He had been complaining about breathing / swallowing issues for six- eight months and was to many doctors but all tests came out normal.

He had many complications in the hospital needing to be put on a ventilator three times and progressed to the point of not even being able to swallow or eat. The only option was a tracheotomy and a feeding tube. He declined this treatment as he would never be able to talk again and would only suffer longer. His message to us was to "get me the $&@? home". On Friday 3/22 we got him home with hospice care and on Sunday morning 3/24 he passed away. He was 65.

We miss him already and the amount of support from our family and friends was nothing short of astonishing. There was close to 400 people at his viewing.

1999 Chevy S10 / 2004 Merc Grand Marquis / 2012 Buick LaCrosse

• robr2robr2 BostonPosts: 7,597
    I wonder how much more expensive it is to ship them 8 at a time (or whatever number) on a car carrier.

Probably a whole lot more than using a bunch of guys that don't have to load, unload, haul back empty, et al.
  • mako1amako1a VirginiaPosts: 1,593
    it's been a sad week for our family Sorry for your loss. At least you had a large support group.

My mom (85 years old) is coming home from 2 weeks in the hospital today. She had a nosebleed which originated in back of the sinuses which turned into a gusher. She likes to keep quiet about things that happen to her and do more than she's capable of. We found her trying to stop the bleeding herself and had filled a trash can with two boxes of blood soaked kleenex. When paramedics got there she didn't want to go with them. A minute later she fainted. She went from critical to guarded to stable in 3 1/2 days and has been living well as the happiest old person in the hospital. She got 4 units of blood and got rejuvenated. The nurses have been fixing her hair. Who knows what's next, but our house is what I offered and that's where she wants to be. I just wish she would stop trying to be 75 again and walking unaided as it scares my wife and me when we see her doing that.

We have workers building a wheelchair ramp on the front side of the house so we can get her to hair, eye and doctor appointments. She's a trip. She's not rich, but one of her get well cards was from her bank. It costs us nothing out of pocket so whatever she wants she gets.

2013 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500 LT HD, 2001 GMC Yukon Denali

I'm so deeply sorry about the untimely and painful death of your stepdad. 65? Jesus!

The amount of people who showed up to his viewing should give you and your family lots of love & support during your time of grief.

2001 Honda Prelude Type SH/ 2011 BMW 328xi / 2011 Honda Pilot EX-L w/ Navigation

• bwiabwia Boston Posts: 1,055
    edited March 2013
    it's been a sad week for our family.

I am so sorry for your loss. At 65 your step-dad was at the stage where one begins to look forward to the golden years, but that was not meant to be. He is in heaven now and may his departed soul rest in eternal peace. Please accept my condolences and be comforted by the knowledge that your friends here on Edmunds grieve with you and your family.

Remember it is okay to cry and we know that you will eulogize him in a way befitting of the dad he was to you.
  • driver100driver100 Burlington, ON 7 mo/Tampa FL 5 moPosts: 11,327
    I just caught up with about 25 posts...our input is back up to the proper quota levels;

Fezo, Glad to hear about your progress, you are a trooper

tjc, Sorry to hear about your loss, your Stepdad must have been a very special person for you and so many other people to care so much........and 65 is much too young for this to happen.

Mako, I admire elderly people who can keep a positive attitude....they make the world a better place.

Sandman, Thanks for your comments about your real world experience with CVTs, I found your comments interesting. Also, for explaining why it is more cost efficient to move cars around the way you do - very interesting.

2012 535ix 2013 Audi A4 2013 Passat

• graphicguygraphicguy SW OhioPosts: 6,886
    tjc....so sorry to hear of your loss. Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

On a brighter note....fezo.....so happy to hear of your "birthday/anniversary". As always, I (as I'm sure plenty of others around here do) love having you around here.

On another note....my younger sister has a 2011 Camaro SS 'vert. This last snow storm has put her in a tizzy because her car was immobile and she had to rent a car for a couple of weeks.

As I told her, that's not a bad way to go,....rent a car when you need one.

She loves the Camaro. So, that's not going anywhere. However, she's had me tromping through every Toyota, Ford, Chevy and Honda dealer looking for a 2nd car. I think she's looking at an Accord as the best option.

Gotta admit, Honda did a very nice job with the newest iteration of the Accord. Even the 4 cyl/CVT is a nice performer....especially for the price.
    ...she's had me tromping through every Toyota, Ford, Chevy and Honda dealer looking for a 2nd car.

Tell her a set of snow tires would be a lot less expensive and take up much less room....
    Interesting business model. Give the consumer something (soft top). Charge consumer for something optional (hard top). If consumer wants the original (no charge soft top) as well as the optional hard top, then charge for both. They must be doing something right.

It's like when you get the dealer installed rims and tires - they keep the old ones.
  • abacomikeabacomike South FloridaPosts: 3,111
    Haven't been posting much lately, it's been a sad week for our family

My deeepest condolences on the loss of your step-dad. ALS is a nasty ailment, to be sure, and it takes from us dearly beloved ones with no mercy.

May he rest in peace in the arms of the Lord!

2014 Mercedes Benz CLS 550 - best car ever! 2nd best car ever, my 1967 Corvette Stingray Coupe with 435 hp.