Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stories from the Sales Frontlines

Comments

• graphicguygraphicguy SW OhioPosts: 6,928
    robr....we're on the same page. Snow tires would help immensely on her Camaro. But, she's my sister. Our genes dictate that we must always be looking for our next car... ;)
  • isellhondasisellhondas Issaquah WashingtonPosts: 17,369
    Amen to that!
  • isellhondasisellhondas Issaquah WashingtonPosts: 17,369
    So sorry to hear of your loss. 65 isn't old anymore.

I know I take my own good health for granted and storeis like this only make me realize just how lucky I am.

Steve, good for you!!
  • sandman_6472sandman_6472 Coral Springs, FLPosts: 2,579
    No work today and heard that the weekend will be slow but next week Hertz is gonna "abuse" us...lol! Bring it on I say as I'll work as long as they need me. My record is 14 days in a row and they made me take a day off! Got a feeling that the Tampa, Orlando & Jacksonville runs are going to start up again which would be great. The West Palm to Miami runs are only like 75 miles so just when I get comfortable, it's time to exit the vehicle. Also the traffic here is horrendous right now and the addition of all that construction can be a nightmare. like yesterday afternoon, we creeped down I-95 for over 25 miles which was so annoying...and then my lower back went out a bit so I was a very unhappy camper for a bit. Luckily I carry my meds and that finally eased the pain.

Drove a Ford Focus wagon yesterday and then a larger Edge. Ford is going to capless gas fillers which is great...no more cap to lose or set off a bad code, just open it up, pump the petrol and close again. Works for me! Must admit, that Edge was a pretty smooth driver though it is large. Still, I prefer the imports and doubt I'd go the domestic route except possibly the Buick Verano, for some reason this vehicle calls to me. The few I've sat in have been extremely comfortable and the spine seems to love 'em. Much nicer looking than the Cruze and I could actually see me purchasing a Verano at the right price of course and a new one...doubt I'd want a "pre-loved" domestic at any price...rather get a brand new one and break it in myself. A "pre-loved" import doesn't scare me though and if I ever do decide to go upscale, the local Lexus, MB & BMW stores are so close and have plenty of inventory. But if I do go that route, I'd have to give Mike a shout & meet up with him as he's just so darn close to my house...under 8 miles i suspect as I pass his place when I go to work.

The Sandman :) :sick: :shades:

2014 Hyundai Tuscon SE/2005 Mazda 3s/2008 Hyundai Accent GLS/2009 Nissan Versa SL hatch

• gogiboygogiboy Posts: 732
    Sindelfingen is the city where they produce and assemble the new 2014 E Class Sport and Luxury sedans.

Is the E class not considered a luxury sedan? ;)

Gogiboy
  • abacomikeabacomike South FloridaPosts: 3,151
    Is the E class not considered a luxury sedan?

There are two models on the sedan - the Luxury Sedan and the Sport Sedan. The Luxury model has softer shocks and a softer suspension as well as a completely different grille and look compared to the Sport Sedan - the Sport is firmer riding, has larger wheels and tires, handles sharper on turns, is a little lower in stance, has ground effects and different grille and bumpers. Both models are the same wheel base and size.

Both are priced from $53,000 to $70.000 depending on options. There is no additional charge for the sport sedan over the luxury sedan. Mine will MSRP at about $65,000.

Hope that gives you an idea of the differences.

2014 Mercedes Benz CLS 550 - best car ever! 2nd best car ever, my 1967 Corvette Stingray Coupe with 435 hp.

• verdugoverdugo Posts: 1,979
    TVM for the explanation. One last question. When you go down as a group, how do you get back? Do you have a minivan that takes you all back at once?
  • driver100driver100 Burlington, ON 7 mo/Tampa FL 5 moPosts: 11,341
    Just did a 300 mile round trip to see my wife's mother....she's 100 and a half years old.

Turned to Siius channel 17 and they had a song that I had never heard of which made no sense, tried 50s on 5 and that was a real garbage song, so tried 60s and 70s....they were also terrible.

Listenned to the hard drive on the trip there, and to the USB stick on the way back...every song was a good one - that I selected!

2012 535ix 2013 Audi A4 2013 Passat

Interesting business model. Give the consumer something (soft top). Charge consumer for something optional (hard top). If consumer wants the original (no charge soft top) as well as the optional hard top, then charge for both. They must be doing something right.

Not quite as bad as it sounds.

Say the soft top costs $100. The hard top costs $150.

So soft top only is $100.
    Hard top only is a $50 option
    Both tops are a $150 option.

Obviously the numbers are made up, but you don't get charged a premium for ordering both tops.
    Sorry to hear about your step dad.
  • jayriderjayrider Posts: 3,204
    Buick makes a great seat. Remember, they have a 4 year warranty and cpo adds a year plus 2 years of maintenance on top of whatever is left on the original warranty. Should be plenty of low mileage Veranos available in the next few years.
  • abacomikeabacomike South FloridaPosts: 3,151
    Turned to Siius channel 17 and they had a song that I had never heard of which made no sense, tried 50s on 5 and that was a real garbage song, so tried 60s and 70s....they were also terrible.

That's why I won't purchase a subscription to Sirius. Channel 17 used to be good, as was Classic Vinyl and the 60's channel, but the genres and selections are poorly planned and broadcasted.

I took the 250 songs I've purchased from iTunes over the last year or two and burned them to a DVD MP3. I put the option on to "mix" and it plays the songs randomly. That's over 14 hours of music that I've selected. I can search the disc on my audio system by artist, album, album cover or by genre - then I can call up music when I want.

Definitely lots better than satellite radio. Even my FM HD stations are better. They have a new station down here, WFEZ I believe, which is 93.1 Easy Listening, and available on IHeart radio. 52 minutes of light rock music ever hour. Great station - I recommend it.

2014 Mercedes Benz CLS 550 - best car ever! 2nd best car ever, my 1967 Corvette Stingray Coupe with 435 hp.

• nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 7,129
    I was checking out this spider web top today too. Way cool.

2001 Honda Prelude Type SH/ 2011 BMW 328xi / 2011 Honda Pilot EX-L w/ Navigation

WFEZ I believe, which is 93.1 Easy Listening, and available on IHeart radio. 52 minutes of light rock music ever hour.

I am listening to WFEZ Easy 93.1 right now.
    WFEZ 93.1

It is pretty good.

I like WDUV 105.5 The Duv even better, Tampa Bay area radio;

WDUV 105.5

But, I agree, with all the options available today, I'm not sure Sirius is worth very much, realistically, $25 a year, or if they had ads and it was free!

I have another thing I want to complain about...maybe they could give me Andy Rooney's old job.

I have been using Gmail for a few years and it is pretty good....I feel I mastered it enough for my needs.

What happens, all of a sudden they have found a way to "improve" it. This usually means mess it up, and that is exactly what they have done. Harder to use, not as straight forward, and they send ads that are displayed right on the page where I am writing. These ads are fairly large and are for advertisers that I may have looked at at one time. So, they are observing my personal information.

Mr Grumpy is extra grumpy today.

• bwiabwia Boston Posts: 1,063
    What happens, all of a sudden they have found a way to "improve" it.

I am having a similar irritating experience since I switched to FIOS. It seems as though I spend most of my time deleting junk mail. The email program purportedly has a filtering system but unfortunately it does not block unwanted mail. I don't mind the occasional junk mail but to receive the same annoying and objectionable emaisl every day takes the cake.

Any suggestions on optimizing FIOS email filtering system is appreciated.
  • tjc78tjc78 JerseyPosts: 5,025
    edited March 2013
    Thanks everyone for your kind words and best wishes!

Driver,

If I were you I would ask your IT guy to set you up on Microsoft Outlook (using your GMAIL info and it's IMAP servers) its much easier to use IMO and you won't have a single ad to look at. It will load faster too.

BWIA, use can use Verizon's email on Outlook too. Their tech support should be able to help you set it up. Outlook is included in most versions on MS Office (Word, Excel etc).

1999 Chevy S10 / 2004 Merc Grand Marquis / 2012 Buick LaCrosse

• explorerx4explorerx4 Central CTPosts: 9,459
    there's a way to get around or minimize that information gathering, but instead of telling you, i'll let you stay grumpy a while longer. ;)
  • bwiabwia Boston Posts: 1,063
    BWIA, use can use Verizon's email on Outlook too. Their tech support should be able to help you set it up. Outlook is included in most versions on MS Office (Word, Excel etc).

Thanks tjc, but I already use Outlook on my desktop computer which does an excellent job of filtering junk mail. The problem, however, is Verizon itself. All that junk mail fills up my storage capacity and when I try to access my mail on my laptop at "netmail.verizon.net" I face the daunting task of sorting out my legitimate mail.
  • tjc78tjc78 JerseyPosts: 5,025
    Do you have Outlook setup to "leave messages on the server?" If you do adjust that setting to a number of days like 5 or so and then you should never fill up your server.

1999 Chevy S10 / 2004 Merc Grand Marquis / 2012 Buick LaCrosse