Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stories from the Sales Frontlines

Comments

• "...between a Fusion and Accord..."

New I would go with the Accord, used I'd go with the Fusion. A late model Accord will sell for close to new price while the Fusion will depreciate faster and be cheaper. Hondas have a reputation for reliability but today's Fords aren't far behind.

2009 PT Cruiser, 2008 Eclipse, 1995 Mark VIII, 1988 GMC Van

• roadburnerroadburner Posts: 6,284
    edited September 2013
    We-my son primarily-rescued what the Humane Society termed a "Border Collie/shepherd mix" puppy. He's all grown up now and looks like an Aussie Dingo. I've been spoiled by Collies and German Shepherds that would anticipate what you wanted them to do and then would do it. In contrast, Rooney the Dingo knows darn well what you want him to do and does the exact opposite.
    He's a good-natured mutt but he drives me crazy sometimes...

2009 328i / 2004 X3 2.5/ 1995 318ti Club Sport/ 1975 2002A/ 2007 Mazdaspeed 3/ 1999 Wrangler/ 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica

• snakeweaselsnakeweasel a Certified Edmunds Poster.Posts: 11,680
    Both are god vehicles, both are very reliable, both will serve you well in the log run. Don't ask us test drive both and choose the one you like best, you will be the one driving it.

The sign said "No shoes, no shirt, no service", it didn't say anything about no pants.

• snakeweaselsnakeweasel a Certified Edmunds Poster.Posts: 11,680
    We rescued our dog, she wag a rat terrier. Great dog and was wonderful with the grand kids. Had her for almost 15 years until a coyote attacked he one night last February.

The sign said "No shoes, no shirt, no service", it didn't say anything about no pants.

• houdini1houdini1 Kansas City areaPosts: 5,861
    Well, at least she had a great 15 years with you guys. So sorry to hear that you lost her.

2013 LX 570 2010 LS 460 2002 Tacoma 4x4

Richard, great post and excellent advice. You know your dogs !

• roadburnerroadburner Posts: 6,284
    Sorry to hear of that; we have coyotes howling at least a couple of times per week, but Rooney just stands on the side porch and barks...

2009 328i / 2004 X3 2.5/ 1995 318ti Club Sport/ 1975 2002A/ 2007 Mazdaspeed 3/ 1999 Wrangler/ 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica

• There is a movie on SiFy channel called Drive Angry right now. Awful movie but wonderful cars. A 69 440 Charger, 70 454 Chevelle and a 57 Bel Aire. Car chases, explosions, the devil....can't believe that the cars are the only thing worth watching.

• isellhondasisellhondas Issaquah WashingtonPosts: 17,599
    I would agree with you on this oldfarmer.

A used Fusion can be a lot of car for the money because of the depreciation.

I think the ride and feel of the Accord would be much better but a lot of people wouldn't notice or care.
  • js06gvjs06gv Frisco, TXPosts: 178
    That's funny. I had never heard of the movie until today. Was watching one of the earlier episodes of Fast N Loud (I recently became hooked....) and they had purchased the wrecked '64 Riviera from the movie to rebuild.

2014 Kia Optima SX Turbo, 2013 Ford F-150 King Ranch, 2011 Ford Mustang GT, 2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

• Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,824
    I tried mine and got a no results. Does that mean my car doesn't exist?

Info wouldn't likely be out there unless your vehicle was ever at an auction or for sale on EBay. Even so, if that info is ever removed by the site that hosted it (which would likely be the case long after it was sold), then the search result would also eventually fall off of Google listings.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• driver100driver100 Burlington, ON 7 mo/Tampa FL 5 moPosts: 11,683
    edited September 2013
    When Driver sees that video, he will be in tears for a week! Any idea why the men did that to a new car? The comments didn't seem to give a clue

Driver is now back from Budapest, Vienna and Prague...the land of BMW, Audi, MB VW and Skodas - which are really VWs as we discussed around here before. Our ride to the airport was in a Skoda and it was beautifully made. Seemed like a slightly nicer finished American Passat.

Richard, I watched that video and there were tears in my eyes. I don't see how they could take the dents out of that car. The guy either has more money than brains or he needs a good course in anger management.

It would have been a lot smarter and less costly to just trade in his lemon for an Audi or MB. Maybe they (another company) actually paid to make the video...the publicity would be worth a lot more than the cost of an ad.

One thing I thought about on our trip was.....

Whatever happened to pin-stripes?

2012 535ix 2013 Audi A4 2013 Passat

• tifightertifighter WAPosts: 1,367
    Whatever happened to pin-stripes?

I recently bought a new Accord. Some dealers still do the pinstripe thing, while trying to charge $399 for it. We all know its a profit grab, but I kept thinking "who would want pinstripes at all, even if free?" The look seems so 25 years ago...
    The 399.00 pinstripes are probably a desperate chance to make some profit after the "smart shoppers" have ground every nickel of profit out of the deals!
  • imidazol97imidazol97 Crossroads of America: I70 & I75Posts: 18,046
    edited September 2013
    >The 399.00 pinstripes are probably a desperate chance to make some profit

Is that before or after the $600 documentation fee and the $200 prep fee, usw.?
    Same thing.

those fees never existed until the mooches ruined the market!
  • jayriderjayrider Posts: 3,250
    Custom shops will put on pinstripes for $40. I'm sure the dealers squeeze them down to $25 so the $399 they charge is right on the money.
  • "...who would want pin stripes..."

Me, for one. When we got the wife's PT Cruiser in dark navy blue it looked like a big slab. I got my body guy to put a nice thin white pin stripe around the middle. It was a nice accent. Cost: $0.

Charging $399 for one is robbery.

It's like vinyl roofs, they look awful on most cars but on some, not so bad. I wish my Mark VIII didn't have one but I can live with it. At least I didn't have to pay extra for it. I once saw a new Chrysler 300 with a black vinyl roof as a $3,000 option. I bet that car is still sitting in the showroom.

• tifightertifighter WAPosts: 1,367
    it looked like a big slab

Fair enough, I can understand that. But its a slippery slope; before you know it, your van has heart-shaped windows and you're wondering what happened...
    You have had that Mark VIII long enough to give us an update on how you two are getting along. Stand and deliver.

This discussion has been closed.