Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stories from the Sales Frontlines

Comments

• stickguystickguy Posts: 14,168

mine is 9.5 years old, and sometimes he still acts like a puppy (especially when out in the snow), but in a good way.

2013 Acura RDX (wife's), 2007 Volvo S40 (when daughter lets me see it), 2000 Acura TL (formerly son's, now mine again), and new Jetta SE (son's first new car on his own dime!)

• ventureventure Central PAPosts: 446
    edited February 12

@Michaell@Edmunds said: While I don't have labs myself - I've got three dachshunds

Ahhhh. Dachshunds. My daughter has a wiener dog. It's supposed to be a long-hair miniature, but it's way bigger. When you walk in the door he gets all wiggly and glad to see you. He will follow you around the house. Eventually you realize he is just looking for food and you are fresh.

When we run into someone who has a dachshund, the conversation almost always gets to, "What's the strangest thing he ate?" They will eat almost anything...and I mean anything.

Joe

2014 Fusion, 2013 Impreza, 2011 Forester

• tjc78tjc78 JerseyPosts: 5,025

@mako1a said: Our Lab mix, Frankie was wagging his tail next to the Christmas tree. Ornaments, garland and lights started swinging until my wife shouted...Frankie, stop being so happy. It made his tail slow down and made me laugh like crazy.

Our 17lb Shi Tzu is also named Frankie. I wanted Rocco, but was denied that request!

1999 Chevy S10 / 2004 Merc Grand Marquis / 2012 Buick LaCrosse

• jmonroejmonroe Pittsburgh areaPosts: 5,540

@tjc78 said: Our 17lb Shi Tzu is also named Frankie. I wanted Rocco, but was denied that request!

I have to go along with Mrs. tjc on this one. Naming a Shi Tzu, Rocco, is like calling someone who is 6’ 10’’ shorty. Saying a Hyundai is a luxury car regardless of the model…saying German cars are reliable when they are 7 years old…saying it’s the Cadillac of TV’s when it’s an Admiral. It just doesn’t fit. The best way to turn a small dog into a snack is to let it think it’s the badest pooch on the block.

jmonroe

'09 Genesis V8 and '12 Legacy Limited 6 cyl

• robr2robr2 BostonPosts: 7,742

@jmonroe said: Naming a Shi Tzu, Rocco, is like calling someone who is 6’ 10’’ shorty.

I know someone with an English Mastiff named Daisy. Although she is huge, her personality is much more Daisy than Bertha.

• graphicguygraphicguy SW OhioPosts: 7,099

You guys are just a wealth of knowledge. Thinking of getting a Pug. Any thoughts on them?

edited February 12

pugs are cute, but look into breathing issues (not having a snout and all). I think they are more "hang out" dogs as opposed to "active adventure" dogs.

Now, if you want cute, a Puggle (especially a puppy) is the most adorable thing ever.

2013 Acura RDX (wife's), 2007 Volvo S40 (when daughter lets me see it), 2000 Acura TL (formerly son's, now mine again), and new Jetta SE (son's first new car on his own dime!)

• snakeweaselsnakeweasel a Certified Edmunds Poster.Posts: 11,680

@stickguy said: Hope this helps.

Yes it does, as I said we have an opportunity to get a lab and my wife is very interested. I on the other hand am sort of lukewarm on the ideal, sure it would be nice to have another dog but I really don't think any dog would be able to take the place of Sophie (my rat terrier that we had to put to sleep a year ago). But I am letting my wife make the decision on the lab.

I did claim the right to name the dog Phydough if we do get him.

The sign said "No shoes, no shirt, no service", it didn't say anything about no pants.

@graphicguy said: You guys are just a wealth of knowledge. Thinking of getting a Pug. Any thoughts on them?

Pugs have many health issues including hip dysplasia, breathing problems, mange, easily injured eyes and obesity.

A friend has one and loves it.

@jmonroe said: The best way to turn a small dog into a snack is to let it think it’s the badest pooch on the block.

For 14 years we shared a home with a rat terrier, those things are completely size blind. They are small but powerful and it would be hard to turn one into a snack. A coyote tried once and failed.

The sign said "No shoes, no shirt, no service", it didn't say anything about no pants.

• jmonroejmonroe Pittsburgh areaPosts: 5,540

@robr2 said: Pugs have many health issues including hip dysplasia, breathing problems, mange, easily injured eyes and obesity.

I agree, my first neighbor had one. And on top of that why would anyone want a breed where their ancestors lost the battle so many times by leading with their face that nature just decided to make them look like that from the get-go.

jmonroe

'09 Genesis V8 and '12 Legacy Limited 6 cyl

We're in the market for what a friend calls "North America Brown Dog" aka Mutt. My kids have been asking for a dog for years and I'm close to breaking down.

• bwiabwia Boston Posts: 1,161

@robr2 said: We're in the market for what a friend calls "North America Brown Dog" aka Mutt. My kids have been asking for a dog for years and I'm close to breaking down.

Don’t know what breed is it but that dog in the Range Rover Evoque TV commercial looks quite cute. That black shiny coat reminds of a black stallion.

Looks like a German Shorthaired Pointer.

@robr2 said: We're in the market for what a friend calls "North America Brown Dog" aka Mutt.

My dad always referred to them as Heinz dogs, you know 57 varieties.

In reality those can be some of the best dogs around as they tend not to carry the issues that some pure breeds have.

• mako1amako1a VirginiaPosts: 1,648

Sinkhole swallows Corvettes at Corvette Museum in Bowling Green, KY wbko.com/news/headlines/BREAKING-Floor-Collapse-at-National-Corvette-Museum-245173671.html?device=phone

2013 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500 LT HD, 2001 GMC Yukon Denali

• Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,824
    edited February 12

@robr2 said: We're in the market for what a friend calls "North America Brown Dog" aka Mutt. My kids have been asking for a dog for years and I'm close to breaking down.

Ha! That's what I say when people ask what kind of dog I have. The brown kind. The medium-to-large-sized brown kind of dog. I'll have to take a picture of the little framed artwork I have on my office wall here - it says "brown dog tasty cookies," and has a silhouette of a brown dog.

She's a chocolate lab/pit mix, with who knows what else. She's 7, and her behavior makes it hard to tell that she's that old. She's got all of that excitement to see people that others have gone on about.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• imidazol97imidazol97 Crossroads of America: I70 & I75Posts: 18,046

I owe Abacomike an apology about Florida's problems with sinkholes. KY also has soluble limestones.

Really sad.

• Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,020

@snakeweasel said: How do you guys like your lab's? Someone is asking if we want a lab puppy, I am not to sure about it but the wife is interested.

Okay, the best description I've ever heard of the breed was from a vet tech, "If you can get through the first 2 years with a Lab puppy, you'll have a great dog." So. True. Be prepared to spend a LOT of time exercising, playing and training. It's kind of like having an ADHD child that has consumed vast amount of caffeine and sugar. All the time. Every day. When ours was young, she would visit with friends that have three Greyhounds. Running with them for a few hours was the only thing that wore her out. However, when she hit two years, she began to get calmer. Now at 6, have to say she's one of the best dogs we've ever had.

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

Those scratches will buff right out, once they get the cars out of the hole.

This discussion has been closed.