Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bait & Switch and Other Bad Advertising Tactics

1234568»

Comments

• midnightsurfermidnightsurfer Posts: 4
    edited September 2010
    Thanks for the input Euphonium. The car did match the carfax report. It could have been an honest mistake but you would think if you're in the business you would get it right. I am back at the dealership on Friday to pick up the spare key and I'm planning to bring up the problem. New the car's options would have been worth $3000 so now maybe the value has decrease to $1300 or so.
  • roadburnerroadburner Posts: 6,381
    I'd use the KBB or Edmunds calculators to see what the true difference in value is- you can't just guess.

2009 328i / 2004 X3 2.5/ 1995 318ti Club Sport/ 1975 2002A/ 2007 Mazdaspeed 3/ 1999 Wrangler/ 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica

• isellhondasisellhondas Issaquah WashingtonPosts: 17,652
    Most stores use a third party to print out the side stickers on the used cars they sell. They send people around who input the VIN number which tells them what it is. Then they look the car over and add the options to the sticker.

It is NOT uncommon for them to make mistakes! I once sold a used Ford Ranger thatsaid it had cruise control when it didn't. The customer caught it but I got lucky when he told me he never used cruise control and didn't care.

After that, we were very vigilant.

There is probably a disclaimer somehere that realease them from damage if there are errors.

This shouldn't have happened but as a buyer, you really should have checked.
  • ewilbyewilby Posts: 1
    I just sent Ryan Sauers a few items to be address with a used 08 vehicle I just bought off lease for $29,600 and 33,000 miles that should be almost as good as new. I hope the items I've asked to be resolved are taken care of in a way that everyone is happy and online reviews can reflect the excellent service I'm about to receive. Thanks.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,851
    Hi - this is a pretty general forum to discuss advertising tactics. If you want to review a specific dealership, start here:
    http://www.edmunds.com/dealerreviews

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• steverstever YooperlandPosts: 40,196
    A reporter is looking to interview someone in the greater Washington, DC area who unknowingly bought a car that had suffered flood damage. Please respond to pr@edmunds.com with your daytime contact information by Monday, September 19, 2011.

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

1234568»