Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Current Best New Car Deals

123457»

Comments

• amorakamorak Posts: 3
    Hi Everyone, greatings from your friends up North :shades:

My mum is looking to upgrade to something new from her current 2001 RAV4, which has about 120,000KM on it (~75K Mi).

Anyways, she is trying not to put out too much, and thankfuly these RAVs have a great resale value up here. Couple that with the common border we share with you guys and the knowledge available online, it is easy for us Canucks to buy a car down south (maybe Canadian dealers will stop gouging us if we speak with our wallets and buy down south...).

Anyways, long story short - What's the best deal in the 20k (USD, obviously) and below range for something with AWD?

I was thinking 2009 Ford Escape, if some serious rebate action opens up on that.
    Otherwise the 2009 Vibe AWD looks good.

It has to be one of these makes (for warranty validity purposes on cross border sales):

- Ford
    - GM
    - Toyota
    - Mazda
    - VW
    - Volvo
    - Infiniti

Obviously I don't expect to find any $20K or below deals on a volvo or infiniti, but if you guys have seen any smoking deals on something form one of the above manufactures, I would appreciate the heads up!

I was also looking, and it seems like the Vue is on a pretty good discount, but its going to be well over $20K still for a decent unit.

$20K is about the price ceiling I am looking at.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,582
    I'd go for the Vibe or the Matrix...

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• graphicguygraphicguy SW OhioPosts: 7,232
    I'd go for the Vibe or the Matrix...

I'd second that. Probably go with the Vibe for no other reason than it's a clone of the Matrix and GM is offering employee pricing on it.
  • jchan2jchan2 Posts: 4,956
    Do Nissan warranties not cross the border? I would imagine that if Infiniti warranties do then Nissan's will too.

I'd suggest another RAV4, perhaps? Or what about the Nissan Rogue (if the Nissan warranties cross the border)

I'd also second the Vibe/Matrix recommendation as well.
  • dtownfbdtownfb Posts: 2,915
    If you are looking for a minivan, you should consider the Nissan Quest. The Quest board is reporting ridiculously low prices for the base and S models. Over $10k discounts.
  • Not just the Quest (minivan), but the 2008 and 2008.5 TITAN, FRONTIERS, ARMADAS and PATHFINDERS are at least 10000 off MSRP, some are close to 40% off MSRP.

Some dealers are willing to deal, others are not. Find a dealer who has lots of inventory and start emailing them for OTD offers. Use the Edmunds TMV to find out the MSRPs with the options you want.
123457»
This discussion has been closed.