Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Lease Questions

Comments

• Here's the information that you're looking for, mfman67. Honda Finance's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 CR-V EX-L AWD with navigation and 12,000 miles per year are .00270 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • jayriderjayrider Posts: 3,454
    $501 for an exl awd plus taxes and fees----think I'll pass. Whoops !! Actually
    $401 per month --- added wrong. Not as bad but considering my 09 murano sl awd loaded was 428 with fees but before taxes -- not great either. Nothing is great now -- even my deal.
  • In CT, for a 2010 CR-V 4WD EX-L with Navigation AWD the monthly lease would be $499 (including tax). That sounds like a good price to me. Any comments or feedback?
  • blueiedgodblueiedgod Posts: 2,797
    In CT, for a 2010 CR-V 4WD EX-L with Navigation AWD the monthly lease would be $499 (including tax). That sounds like a good price to me. Any comments or feedback?

What would be the finance payment for 60 months? Probably not far off, with 10% down.
    Honda's website has the current specials and figures on the 09, there are none on the 10'. I tried ride with G, there is no post up about it but as suggested I will register and ask on the forums there. I will post what I find

Sorry, I missed that it was for 2009.
  • For the same vehicle but a 2009, monthly would be $439 vx $499 for the 2010. Either the dealers are discounting the 2009's to get them off the lot or Honda is giving better terms on the 2009's as incentives.....
  • I leased an 09 CRV LX 2WD back in mid July Black/Ivory at Honda Kolbe Reseda. I couldn't have done it without help from this forum

Cap Adjusted Cost $20600 (20,000 + acquisition fee)
    Residual $12964
    Least term 36 months
    Down payment 0
    Lic/Reg/1st Month $700
    Monthly payment $298 (includes CA tax)

I think the monthly could be a little lower maybe $290 if I didn't give in right away...
  • Have worked with Honda in the past, here are few pointers that may help you with your search.

1. Don't lease an older model car, ie: 2010 is available, 2009 lease should be more expensive due to lack of promotion, lack of inventory, and higher interest rate. Honda is known for better deal on 2009 for CASH purchase only. Any lease is always cheaper with the newer model.

2. There are few services out there that can help you to determine dealer invoice and manufacture incentives. To save you tons of time, web sites such as http://www.carcostcanada.com or http://www.apa.ca can be big helps for Canadian buyers.

Hope this information helps
    Dealer Web Templates at http://www.dealertemplate.ca
  • jayrider: could you tell me how you are coming up with a $401 per month price on 2010 EXL with Navi using the October buy rate factors and RV provided by carman? You must be assuming a hefty cap cost reduction from dealer, as the lease calculator I use, using MSRP gives me $486.71/month. Just want to make sure I am not missing anything. Thanks.
    New figures are $430 --- overstock will find a dealer near me who will sell for guaranteed 28653 [msrp 30455]. Must have used the wrong model. There is no reason you should have to pay msrp.
  • OK thanks. $430 makes sense with my lease calculator. I hope I can get a price similar to that. Couldn't see it getting to $401. Just getting ready to get serious as my current lease expires Dec. 1. Hoping the money factors might improve a bit in Nov or Dec too....but maybe that is asking for too much. Any leads on dealers selling for msrp - 1895 appreciated.
    I mentioned overstock -- check on line for crv awd exl
  • I am about to lease my first automobile and was hoping for some help. I have been shopping the 2010 CRV EX 4WD and think I have finally gotten a good price. Please let me know your thoughts as I'm going back to the dealership in the next couple of days. I live in northern NJ.

42 months 12,000 miles yr
    2850 down with all taxes, fees and first month
    322 per month

Sound good?
    You will be 6 months out of warranty -- most folks who lease stay within the original warranty. If you get an ext warranty it may cost as much as a 36 month lease. Figure 430 for zero down 3 year 12k miles. Tax extra. That's getting close to the lease #'s on an acura mdx base.
  • Jayrider,

No good on that deal? This is my first time buying or leasing a car. Is it bad to risk those 6 months with no warranty? What should I be asking for when I negotiate? I want this car but dont want to get ripped off or tricked. Thanks very much for the help.
    just get the 36 month deal. payments will be higher -- The deal is what it is -- no great lease deals on much of anything.
  • joejoe01--In my view, I think you can do better. Without even negotiating my dealer is discounting $1500 off MSRP for a 2010 EX-L. With current lease deals, I can get that vehicle for $400/mo for 12,000 miles a year, with nothing down except tax and fees. I have not dealt on an EX but I would think the deals would not be that much different which should equate to something like $335/mo for 36months/36k miles...again with nothing but tax and fees down.
    I am about to lease my first automobile and was hoping for some help. I have been shopping the 2010 CRV EX 4WD and think I have finally gotten a good price. Please let me know your thoughts as I'm going back to the dealership in the next couple of days. I live in northern NJ.

42 months 12,000 miles yr
    2850 down with all taxes, fees and first month
    322 per month

Sound good?

What would it cost to finance it for 60 moths with the same $3000 down?
    $491 -- 26k 5% includes taxes. Much better to buy.
  • actually moved forward with the lease today. i put down 2000 and got the 322 per month. if a month or two down the road i want to buy it can i do that? Im guessing thats a no and Im locked in for the full term of the lease? i wish i knew more about this stuff....
    Never 2nd guess yourself -- you did as well as you could. The great leases don't exist anymore. Including mine. Enjoy your crv and the lower payments, 3 years from now you can buy or walk away.
  • Take advantage of what leasing provides you....the ability to "try" a vehicle for 3 years and then buy it if you want or walk away of you don't. Given the history and track record of CRV resale values, I am guessing your residual buy-out in 3 years could be $2000-$3000 below what the vehicle is actually worth.
  • thanks for the help jayrider..... its greatly appreciated. I love the new ride.
    actually moved forward with the lease today. i put down 2000 and got the 322 per month. if a month or two down the road i want to buy it can i do that? Im guessing thats a no and Im locked in for the full term of the lease? i wish i knew more about this stuff....

Read the leasing documents about early termination. Almost all of them require the complete payment. SO, if you leased at $322 for 42 months, your total payment is $13,524.

If a couple months down the road you decide to sell, upgrade, whatever, you are still on the hook for the remainder of that $13,524. i.e. $13,524 - 2x$322 = $12,800.

And so on...
  • bigdadi118bigdadi118 Posts: 1,207
    After you leased the CRV and you can buy out the car
    (1) by yourself if you want to keep
    (2) by dealer if you want to switch to another car.
  • I heard its never a good deal to buy the car after leasing it..... is this true??
  • That is definitely not a true statement. You never say never. It depends. When your lease ends, decide if you would like to keep the vehicle. If you would AND the residual buyout is roughly equivalent (or less) than the vehicle value, but it. Otherwise walk away.
    If you buy your lease you will pay more than if you purchased it. You pay sales tax twice. That is one reason why it's not a great way to buy. The other consideration is that your buyout may be more than the going rate for similar cars. The leasing company rarely negotiates so you have to decide how much your knowledge of the car is worth. Of course sometimes the buyout is way less than market prices so that makes the buyout a better idea. If you are a leaser at heart -- then you won't buy because you want a new ride every 3 years. So never is not accurate.
    After you leased the CRV and you can buy out the car
    (1) by yourself if you want to keep
    (2) by dealer if you want to switch to another car.

Chances are it will cost more than buying outright in the first place.
  • The sales tax issue is also a "depends"...on your state of residence. I pay sales tax on my lease payments only, and then separately on the buy out, if I choose to purchase.
This discussion has been closed.