Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi crvbuyer2011. The easiest way to evaluate this deal is to look at this truck's selling price. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without this number it is much more difficult to tell how large a dealer discount you are being given and in turn if there is any room left to negotiate. Let us know what this number is and I'm sure that either myself or another knowledgeable community member will tell you what they think.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • matsangmatsang Member Posts: 6
    edited March 2011
    I need to know the residual and money factor for the following:
    Thank You!

CRV EX 2WD
    CRV EX AWD
    CRV SE 2WD
    CRV SE AWD
    Hi matsang. Honda Finance's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 CR-V EX 2WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00069 and 59%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an EX AWD are .00069 and 60%.

The numbers for the SE 2WD are .00069 and 59%.

SE AWD: .00069 and 60%.

Car_man
    Host
  • matsangmatsang Member Posts: 6
    Thank You Car_man!
    Do you have the numbers for a 12,000/year 36 month lease on these cars?
    I'm sorry, I should have clarified the milage I was looking for.
  • bearcattabearcatta Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2011
    Anyone want to comment on this deal??

I just got a 2011 AWD CRV EX-L (no navigation or bluetooth) for sign and drive (1st month included), all taxes, license and dealer fees included for 36 month term, 36,000 miles for $319/month. No fee for return of lease at end of term.

Anyone have any idea if this was a decent deal or not?

Thanks!
  • bearcattabearcatta Member Posts: 2
    I am going to pick up and sign for the deal mentioned above today. I just wanted to see if anyone felt it was a good deal or not before I jump in! Thanks everyone.
  • packer3packer3 Member Posts: 277
    edited March 2011
    I think it a very nice deal, who cares about money factors your renting not buying.
    No problem matsang. The money factors for leases with 12,000 miles are the same, but the residual values are 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • lch77lch77 Member Posts: 53
    There are at least 4 different methods that states use to impose sales taxes on a leased vehicle. Without knowing how much the tax is, no one can tell you if you got a good deal.

While looking for lease prices around Bucks County, PA, I checked the internet and found weymouthhonda.com. Not only do they post the residual and money factor, they show the complete details of the lease. Plus, from what I've seen, their sell prices are ver attractive. For example:

CR-V 4WD EX-L w/Nav 36/36,000 is $302/mon w/ $666 due at signing. Compare your deal to what they have and let us know if they are better.

For me, they said it would be less than $666 at signing since they wouldn't charge MA fees.

I had posted this on prices paid forum but forgot to put it here.
  • nissanman40nissanman40 Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know what the current residual and money factor is for a 2011 CRV-EXL with navigation is for 12k/year? Also, anyone know what is considered a target lease price if you just pay the first months payment, acq fee, doc fee, dmv fees/tire fee, sales tax at drive away?
    Try reading the other messages you will find your answer 10 times over
  • lch77lch77 Member Posts: 53
    Packer3

Can you believe his question? Not only is it answered by the Host, by my post is immediately above his with the exact details he wanted.

The real question is, how good are their prices. According to Truecar.com, weymouthhonda's price is $1,000 under dealer cost, not invoice.
    I checked out that site, they have some sweet deals going on over there, you got a great deal. As I mentioned in one of my messages a friends sister went to a local NJ dealer and got an 2011 EX loaded at $1,500 down $315.00 per month.
  • fuzzball32fuzzball32 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Carman,

Any chance you have the April #'s yet?

Thanks in advance.
  • ddaviladdavila Member Posts: 8
    Just signed a lease deal, cr-v 2011 lx 4wd for $600 plus 35 x 219 residual $14,795. Price tag $23,725, paid $20,560. Is that a good deal?
    I certainly do fuzzball32. Honda Finance's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 CR-V EX 4WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00069 and 62%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    edited April 2011
    Good deal, where are you going to get a new 4x4 at that price, try to get an FWD Equinox low end model at that cost, GM can't even touch that. My LX 4x4 was $219 a mth $500 dwn 30 months. Got almost 2,000 miles on it took my son back to school which is 90 miles away on Rte 95 on the way up a few back ups and I averaged 29MPG on the way home with one back up I hit 31 mpg.
    Agreed, didn't find deal like that in any place. So far I'm happy with the new car, just missing the trunk cover.

thanks
  • lairdwdlairdwd Member Posts: 56
    Those numbers aren't adding up. $20560 with 600 down and you are paying $219/month?
    Some of the local dealers are advertising a $199/mo on a 36 month, 12K year lease on a stock LX AWD. That breaks down to a cost of $21K (destination included) using a money factor of .00069 . MSRP is $23725

Can I expect to do any better on these advertised specials? I don't see any forum data on what others are paying for stock LX.
    here are the numbers:
    crv5dllx4wd 20,562.66 reg fees 105.00 ny tire fee 12.50 dealer fee 75.00 + total 20,755.16 . total mothly payments $7,884.00 + 600 due at sign.
    total paid after 36 months $8,265.00
    residual 14, 709.50

What I did, was I gave to them a Toyota corolla 2009 (last month of leasing) with 15,500 miles ont it what i think gave me some power to negociate. This corolla was 5 speed manual, that's why i did pass to them, it's really hard to sell manual cars here.
    I still cant understand people who argue about a money factor, again as I see it a money factor is a nice thing to use as a foundation, but heck who cares if the numbers arent adding up I live in Jersey and deals like this happen in the metropoliatin area. Reading the threads in the Edmunds forum is all you need, it's a great real life foundation to work from when you think about it.
    Due to the fact I had been leasing from GM for years I didn't know about leasing programs from Japenese cars. After reading about people's real life experience and using a weighted average from all of the threads I read about I was able to get the best possible deals on my last 4 Honda leases, thank you from everybody.
    Again my AWD LX 30 mth $500 down $220 a month payment "whats a money factor" remember your renting not buying.
    I couldn't agree more. Rent a 4x4 for 219 or 220 is and ways will be a tread deal, I don't care what the money factor is. The only money factor I'm thinking right now is the 219 per month , simple don't you think?
  • matthewmatthew Member Posts: 11
    I was just quoted today in NYC lease price for EX-L $342/mth or EX-L w/nav $373/mth. Both of these is no money down and includes bank fees, 36 months 12k miles/year.
    Go look at thread #883
  • abcdcrvabcdcrv Member Posts: 2
    Will this quote be a good lease for CRV EX-L AWD, Sale price 26500, MF to be .00059 and residual to be 60%and 12k miles/yr for 36months. In case I want to buy this what would be the best sale price (negotiated price) when compared to this lease sale price.
    Folks - the information that I, and others are seeking is simply the sale price of the vehicle. If you prefer to think of it as X a month, that's great - but it potentially only tells part of the story. Forget trade in, down payment, OTD paid, etc. Just look on your invoice and find the line item that says what you paid for your vehicle. This should also include the destination cost. Also include any fees other than TTL and acquisition fee. For example, a lot of the Honda dealers have a "doc fee".

In my case, the dealer has an advertised special of $199 for 36/12 lease with zero down. Using the provided MF of .00069, and some simple algebra, I calculate the purchase price to be 21000 - which includes destination. He's also got a $300 doc fee, so say $21300. That's an advertiesed lease special, so I don't think there is any negotiating on it. The real question is if I can do better than $21300. The $199 deal is ok, but I already had this dealer offer me $20959 on a straight purchase for the same unit (probably negotiable to $20800) so I think I can do better than the advertised special, unless that MF somehow ties into a honda finance special.
    The guys in the boston area of $2700 below MSRP on a $23725 MSRP LX 4*4, and that's without negotiating. Get some internet quotes.
    crv5dllx4wd 20,562.66
  • wyoung1wyoung1 Member Posts: 1
    Just registered in and checking that my message goes through .
    This site is quite different to navigate than some I am familiar with .
    I have a 2007 Honda CR-V
  • toledo73toledo73 Member Posts: 174
    Huh?? The MF is part of what determines your monthly payment. Of course it has significance. Multiply it times 2400 and that is your interest rate. These are blow out prices on the CRV. Problem is, you'd be foolish not to wait for the 2012 CRV due out in a few short months. Hopefully they'll address the noise issues with the current CRV
    The paid for the this car was over 3k off, so even though
    there is interest on the deal still good. I would wait if could, I have to return my actual car on the end of this month that why I got the 2011 model! E have to tell its much better than my 09 corolla S. Just happy with the car
    Sure. I owned an 08 CRV and really liked it. You got a great deal.
    I disagree, if ypur buying yes when your renting your look for the lowest rent, somebody is putting down a couple hundred and is paying $200 a month for a LX 4x4 what is the MF doing, most of the cost is backloaded in the vehicle's buyout after 3 years, they know your not going to buy it. My 2011 CRV 4x4 $500 down $220 per month has no noise issues, yea some road noise whne your paying attention and when is that. And I doubt the 2012 CRV is coming out in a few months or did you miss the news about what happened in Japan even though it's built in the US.
    Yes, the back load is the residual. Both MF and residual determine payment. EVERY credible review mentions the road noise. Difficult to ignore. Honda emailed me a month ago that the 2012 was comeing soon. That means about July or August, a few months to me. When do YOU think the 2012 will be out?
    No idea but i really happy with the car, I came from a Corolla who was quite noise as well. Really i didn't drive the car that much but the noise is ok for me. The corolla was worse.
  • nissanman42nissanman42 Member Posts: 5
    Can someone please tell me what the current residual and money factor is for a 2011 CRV-EXL with navigation? I am in the NYC area. Also, has anyone received quotes from Long Island dealers?
    You are correct to a point, as you know it's all about a budgeted number that you can afford. Bottom line is do your home work if your not sure, using a MF as a base line is really a good start, checking out fourms, and deals that Dealers are advertising.
    My 2008 Accord had more road noise than the CRV, honestly the way they both handle and after leasing GM vehicles since the late 80's until 2008, I'll take that over any thing.
    The 2008 Pontiac Torrent that I just brought back for my second CRV had more road noise.
    From what I heard the 2012 CRV wont be out around the same time you mentioned.
    No denying the CRV is a great cross over. I loved my 08!! But, I'm a bit spoiled with my 2010 Highlander V6, very smooth and quiet. Yeah, was thinking the 2012 was July or August but the tragedy in Japan may have changed that. The 2012 RAV4 is also due later this year and re-designed. Enjoy your new CRV, my friend!
  • carquest7carquest7 Member Posts: 1
    I am looking to lease a honda crv ex 4wd 2011.. whats a good deal? I live in NYC..
    What all is important to look for??
    What should b the residual price..I can put upto 2000$ upfront..
    edited April 2011
    Up front $2,000 if you told a dealer that, you are already sunk. Read the other fourms and you will get an idea. Your putting $2K down and you want to know what the residual price is for, before you even know what the cost of the CRV is. Do youself a favor find some one who knows about buying or leasing a car brfore you make your next move.
    The residual is approximately 59-60% here in Cali. Save your 2K and put as little out of pocket as you can. You should be looking at under 300. a mo 36 mos
    Hi, I live in Queens, and just got a CRV 4x4 with $600 out of the pocket. We don't have pay what the dealers is asking, negociate, shopping around and for sure it will save you this $2,000. The crv that i got a LX 4x4 the suggested price was 23,725. I paid $20,532.00. if you want i can give who take care of me at Hillside Honda, The guy did a super job to sell the at the price i want to pay for.

Good Luck!!!!
  • gfr120gfr120 Member Posts: 2
    the quote that I am getting is for 2011 HONDA CRV EX-L (NO NAVIGATION) 4WD is....
    $1500 downpayment + taxes/DMV/tires etc = comes to around $3700/= at signing
    and
    $279/ month for 36 months...
    per my calculation i am gonna pay around 13500/= for 3 yrs..and per dealer .. residual is $17,205/= if i want to buy after 3 yrs..
  • nissanman42nissanman42 Member Posts: 5
    That seems very high. At the end of the lease, you are paying over $30k WITHOUT navigation. What was the MF on this? I am on Long Island.
  • bobashbobash Member Posts: 4
    There's a simple formula you can use to determine if any lease deal is good or not.

You have to calculate the monthly cost per $10,000 worth of vehicle. If the monthly cost is $150 or less per 10K (on a 36 month no money down lease), then the deal is good.

The best lease deals are about $100 per $10k. Sorry if I confused you, here's an article explaining the formula better than I can

How to Quickly Figure Out if a Lease Deal is Good

good luck!
  • awilda429awilda429 Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

I visited Paragon Honda in NY yesterday looking for the Crv LX. After lots of negotiations the terms we agreed on were= $250/mos payment, $2000 down. This includes all taxes,docs,dmv,etc. Lease is for 36k miles/36 months.

Was this a good deal?

They didn't have my car available in my color so they needed to order it from another dealer. I paid $1000 (which will be applied to the cash down) as a security deposit so they will buy the car from another dealer.
    Two or Four wheel drive
  • awilda429awilda429 Member Posts: 2
    4wd
    At $2K down, I think you should be getting the EX, but like anything else if your happy in what your getting and it's not to, to bad of a deal then go with the flow and enjoy your CUV. Just brought my son back to Conn. with my wife in the LX and averaged 32 mpg going up, comming back it was between 33 and 34 mpg with just the two of us, there was also no stop and go traffiic so that helped with the mileage.
This discussion has been closed.