Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Lease Questions

Comments

• FYI - AHFC DOES have credit tiers. Dealers are not allowed to "mark up" a money factor or interest rate when there is a special program (subvented rate or MF). So when there is a special program, dealers will always try to get you the best rate you qualify for. If there is no special program program, they are allowed to mark them up.
  • 2009 LX AWD, so how does $617 drive off with $345 a month for 39 months at 15k a year sound? i'm here in the Socal
  • Greetings ronbars. Here's the information that you're looking for. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 CR-V EX 2WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00280 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier and pay a security deposit at lease signing.

When negotiating your lease on this vehicle, make sure to take the $500 dealer cash that is currently available on it into account.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hey you sexybeast you. The best way to evaluate this lease is to look at the selling price that it is based upon. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without this number, it is difficult to tell how much of a dealer discount you are being given. Let us know what the selling price is and either myself or another helpful community member will be glad to let you know what they think.

Car_man
    Host
  • thanks carman, the selling price is $21560 + fee's at 7.75% here in california
    the payment would be for a 2009 AWD LX- $637 drive off, 38 months x $336.29 tax included w/ nocharge for dealer trade
  • It's amazing how much the market has changed in the past 3yrs. :sick:

We've got a 42 mos lease on an '06 Pilot EX-L AWD for $369/mo (which includes 6% tax here in CT), $0 due at signing, and 1st mo free. The MSRP of that car was about $35K if I recall correctly.

We're now looking at an '09 Odyssey but we're also planning on leasing an '09 Pilot and '09 CRV EX w/NAV at the same time with other family members. I'm hoping March will bring some better lease numbers or the power of leasing 3 cars at once will help!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    No problem, sexybeast. Thanks for the additional information. The dealer invoice price for a 2009 CR-V LX AWD is $21,560. If one subtracts the available $500 dealer cash from that it drops to $21,060. So the dealer is basically selling you this vehicle for $500 over invoice. That's not bad. Just make sure that they are using Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor of .00250 (for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier) to calculate your payment and you're in good shape.

Car_man
    Host
  • Really new to trying to figure out whether or not I am getting a good lease deal, so any help would be appreciated. I read a bunch of posts on here yesterday so hopefully I am providing all of the right info. Here goes:
    CRV EX-L with Navigation 2 wheel drive
    36 month term
    12K miles/year
    Cost - $24,251
    Residual 56%
    Money Factor .0025
    Drive off $759
    Monthly with tax $445

Is there anything else I should be asking?
  • blueiedgodblueiedgod Posts: 2,803
    Really new to trying to figure out whether or not I am getting a good lease deal, so any help would be appreciated. I read a bunch of posts on here yesterday so hopefully I am providing all of the right info. Here goes:
    CRV EX-L with Navigation 2 wheel drive
    36 month term
    12K miles/year
    Cost - $24,251
    Residual 56%
    Money Factor .0025
    Drive off $759
    Monthly with tax $445

Is there anything else I should be asking?

What would it cost per month to finance this vehicle for 60 months?
  • Not sure on that, but I def want to lease. I'm ok even if leasing is a little more expensive than buying, but just want to make sure I get a relatively good deal on the lease.
  • AXM23AXM23 Posts: 64
    A friend of mine just a got a quote on a CRV EXL with NAV for $2000 out of pocket and $411 a month for 36 months with 12k per year. It is from a dealer that I have bought from in the past and is very reputable.

This rate is based on NJ taxes of 7%.
  • i signed a lease in October 2008 on one of the first 09s shipped in from Hamamatsu, Japan. CRV EXL (no nav) for $350 out of pocket, $350 a month for 36 months, all fees rolled in. 15k miles per year. This rate is based on MA tax of 5%.
  • iceyhotjiceyhotj Posts: 12
    Hi,
    I currently have the below offer:

EX-L w/o Nav 2WD
    $1,000 down
    36 months with 12/k miles
    $359 a month with tax (in California)
    Destination, DMV fees etc. rolled into the payment (i think)

Help!!!! is this a good deal??!!!! They are waiting for me as I type this!!!
  • Nope.

Got my 2009 EX-L w/o Nav 4WD
    $0 down
    36 mo, 15k miles.
    $350 month w/tax (MA 5%)
    All fees rolled in.

Lean on them a bit more.
  • Help! Is this a good deal to lease a 2WD CR-V EX-L w/ NAV for 36 mo, at 15k mi?

Initial Cap Cost: $26,418
    $2000 down (incl down payment, first month, bank fee, DMV, Tax and License)
    Lease end value %: 55%
    Guarantee Lease End Value: $15,545.75
    Base Monthly: $390.20
    Total Monthly (incl my county tax in CA): $426.29

Should I negotiate the initial cap cost lower, or make sure they are including the dealer cash?
  • stoopystoopy Posts: 105
    MSRP is $28,265 if your residual is $15,545.75. That means your sale price is a whopping $442 off sticker. You need to get AT LEAST $2,000 off sticker without putting any money down. You could lease a BMW 3 Series fully loaded for $426. It's ridiculously high.
  • dr973dr973 Posts: 2
    I am considering leasing a 2009 CR-V (LX or EX).. Below are the qoutes for a 12K mile/year lease that I received for each model from a reputable dealer in Northern NJ that I have dealt with in the past. Credit score is in the high 700's / low 800's. Not sure how to exactly evaluate the below or how to go about negotiating a better deal on either one. Is there any room to do so? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

CR-V LX
    MSRP $23,115
    After Invoice/Incentive $21,000
    Out of Pocket amount $1,291.42
    Monthly Payment $302.42
    Residual .61
    Money Factor .0025

CR-V EX
    MSRP $25,365
    After Invoice/Incentive $23,000
    Out of Pocket amount $1,347.76
    Monthly Payment $358.76
    Residual .61
    Money Factor .0025
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,613
    Are you sure the EX has the same residual and money factor? Because, with the selling price of each car being about the same percentage off MSRP, the difference between lease payments should be about the same percentage as the MSRP difference..

With the difference in MSRP and selling price at about 10%, the lease payment should only be 10% higher as well, or around $332/mo., not $358/mo.

It's possible the residual numbers on the EX are different, which would account for the discrepancy, but if they aren't, then the EX payment should be lower. I like the EX a lot, but not $56/mo. more... :surprise:

regards,
    kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• dr973dr973 Posts: 2
    Actually, I believe the residual may be .59 on the EX.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,613
    Given the monthly payments, that sounds probable...

Prices seem decent... CR-Vs have never had really low lease payments, historically..

The LX seems like a better deal, though if you want the goodies on the EX, that won't matter much...

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

This discussion has been closed.