Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    You're welcome camokatu.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hi Car man,
    Can you tell me the lease rates for a 2012 CRV-EX and EXL for 36 months 15,000 miles in NY?
  • stephen72stephen72 Posts: 1
    Hi,

I recently moved to Boston from abroad, so don't have a credit history yet and have negotiated the following lease deal for a 2012 Honda CR-V EX, 12,000 miles per year....

1. Money factor of 0.0033, I'm told that Honda and not the dealer sets this rate, approx. 7.92% APR

2. The term is 33 months (not 36)

3. Base cap cost of the car is $25,488 which is the Kelly blue book fair price.

4. Down payment of $6,000 which includes the first months payment, registration fees, plates etc...so it's more like $5k down and $1k for the other costs

5. Monthly repayments of $267

That is as low as they would go, so I just want to understand if this is in the right ball park. I estimate that with a good credit rating and a money factor of say 0.00195 (4.68% APR) then the repayments would come in at around $225, so I'm paying about $40 per month over the odds.

Does this sound reasonable ?
    All advise & comments welcome.

Thanks.
    Here you go harrycomes. Honda Finance's July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 CR-V EX 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00180 and 62%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a '12 CR-V EX-L 4WD are .00180 and 60%.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi car_man,

Could you tell me the July lease rates for the 2012 CR-V 2WD EX with 12,000 miles per year option in NY? Thanks!
  • Hi CAr_Man

I am in for lease for Honda CRV for either AWD EX L (rear DVD) / AWD LX

Let me know ;

1. which dealership in NJ has best deal now.

2. Expected monthly payment including Tax in NJ

3. I would like to put 0 down, not sure if I need to pay for any money other than first monthly payment.
  • pheat0npheat0n Posts: 6
    edited July 2012
    So I'm seeing the 2WD LX CRV on Honda's website for $239 per month lease. Is it unreasonable to think I can get a AWD LX for somewhere in that price range? I just don't want 2WD, because of our sometimes crazy winters. I'm in zip 68122. I have a trade which I estimate I can get about $2500 for. Am I way out of line?
  • lablover2lablover2 Posts: 106
    can you tell me what kind of lease payment i can expect to see in the chicago area on the base lx fwd crv? 12,000 miles per year for 3 years. the price i was given on the car was $21,262 including destination, no options added. zero down except ttl fees'
    i saw a special at another dealer for $259 per month,zero down same miles,can i do better? going to see later today
    Hi leasegirlny. Sorry for the delay in my response, I was on vacation.

Honda Finance's July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 CR-V EX 2WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00180 and 63%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi hondacrvnj. I can't say exactly which dealership in New Jersey has the best deals on this car right now, but I can tell you that you should be in a good position to get a great deal on this car because New Jersey has a ton of competition.

Let me know the MSRP and selling price of the model or models that you are interested in as well as how long you want to lease for and what mileage allowance you need and I will be happy to use Honda's actual lease program to work up some payments for you. You can find the pricing data over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Car_man
    Host
    hi pheat0n. I completely understand your desire for AWD. I wouldn't get a CR-V in your area without it either.

Given the lease program on the CR-V, you should be able to negotiate just about the same deal on a 2WD LX that you could on an AWD model.

There's nothing wrong with trading in your current vehicle when you lease your new one, but it would be in your best interest to have the dealer cut you a check for any equity that you have in your trade rather than using the proceeds from it as a down payment. I always advise consumers not to put money down when leasing. Consumers who make capitalized cost reductions on leased vehicles risk losing part or all of the money that they put down if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered.

Car_man
    Host
  • newportnewsnewportnews Posts: 2
    edited August 2012
    Hi there. I'm in Virginia and looking to lease a Honda CRV for my mother. We want an LX 2 wheel drive, 36 months, 12k miles a year, $0 down. We will qualify for top credit tier. Would you please give me Honda Finance's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value? And also include any other numbers I need to calculate what the monthly payments will be. Thank you so much. This is an enormous help for people like me who are just trying to not get ripped off.
  • pheat0npheat0n Posts: 6
    Yeah, that makes sense. Our only thing is that we still owe on the car that we'll be trading and it has a history of frequent and costly breakdowns, so we are really trying to get out of it before something else goes wrong. This car has been such a terrible purchase that we are now gun shy when it comes to buying used. I just don't want to go that route anymore, I don't like working on cars, I rely on them too much to have them be unreliable. So the car we are trading is costing us around $200 a month, which is a comfortable payment. $250 is really all I feel comfortable with, which is why I was thinking about putting the money down to soften the lease payment.

What would you recommend? What price do you think I need to negotiate down to and how much down do you think I need to get into that $250 range? I have good credit, no late payments on record, though my income/debt ratio isn't great.
    Hi newportnews. Here's the information that you're looking for.

Honda Finance's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 CRV LX 2WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00180 and 63%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi pheat0n. Shoot for a selling price that's as close to dealer invoice as possible on your new CRV. You can look up the invoice price of the exact model that you're interested in over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Car_man
    Host
  • billyk1billyk1 Posts: 12
    Hello,
    Would you provide me with the lease information for August for a CR-V EXL AWD w/DVD.
    Term: 36 months
    Mileage 15K
    msrp 30025
    Selling price 27462

Assume top tier credit.

Thank you,
    Bill
  • vinjoeanavinjoeana Posts: 1
    edited August 2012
    I had a 2010 Honda Accord that had 5 remaining payments on the lease. I turned it in early and had the remaining 5 payments (totaling $1450) into my new lease payment. I have the highest tier credit. I now leased a 2012 CRV - Ex AWD in New York. I had to put down $3000 ($1500 of it was for the old lease) and my monthly payments are $298 for 39 months, 10,000 miles per year. Is that a good deal? They initially wanted me to put down $5700. I know they start out high but am not sure if I ended up with a good deal. Obviously it's too late now but I'm just curious.
    Hi Bill. Honda Finance's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 CR-V EX-L AWD with Entertainment and 15,000 miles per year are .00180 and 60%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi - How competitive the following lease rate is -
    Honda Cr-V 2012 EX-L with Navigation

$369 per month for 36 months and 15,000 mile.
    Sale Price - $28,473
    Aquisition Fee - $595
    Cap Cost - $29,068
    + TTL

Thanks in adv.
  • Could you please tell me the money factor and residual value for NY for the CR-V EX 4WD with 12,000 per year? 36 month lease.

Thanks!
  • hileasehilease Posts: 1
    Trying to decided whether or not to pull the trigger on a lease option for a 2012 CRV EX-L 2 WD. $26500 is the price on the vehicle with lease payments totaling $338 a month for 35 months (inlcuding tax), with zero down payment.

Should I take this deal?

I can afford to purachse the lower end model for $21,900 and zero down based on trade-in value. Can't decide if the lease option is a better deal or not.
  • verinoxverinox Posts: 12
    Hi Car Man,

You've been awesome in the past with your info, and the time has come to ask you again!

I'm looking to lease a 2012 CR-V EX AWD, 36 months, 15k miles per year in Cleveland, OH. Can you give me the residual and money factor? And are there any special lease incentives going on for this model?

I did some rough math, and based on prior months where you've posted the numbers for this same lease arrangement, I should be around $315/mo with $1,000 down if I can negotiate down to invoice. Not sure if I did this right.

Thanks,

verinox
    Certainly leasegirlny. Honda Finance's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 CR-V EX 4WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00180 and 62%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks verinox. Welcome back. Honda Finance's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 CR-V EX AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00180 and 62%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its "Super Preferred" credit tier.

I don't believe that Honda is currently providing any cash incentives on this vehicle at this time.

Car_man
    Host
  • csg3csg3 Posts: 7
    edited August 2012
    Hello. Do you have the August lease info for an EX-L for both 12,000 and 15,000 leases please.

I am being quoted for a 36 month, 12,000 mile lease a payment of $369 with 0 money down. This is for an EX- L with mud guards and wheel locks. No Nav. The price is $27,304.

If we put $2,000 down it goes to $308. Also, if we decide to purchase instead of lease, 5 year financing is at 2.99%.

Do these numbers sound good? We are considering waiting a month to see if there are better deals to be had. Or ..... is this as good as it gets and we should stop being greedy.

What are your thoughts.
  • Hi csg3. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 CR-V EX-L 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00161 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

If I was in the market for a CR-V right now in an area that has a decent level of competition, I personally would shoot for a selling price of around $500 over dealer invoice. you can look up this car's exact invoice price over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Car_man
    Host
  • Can you please provide me with the lease info for October?
    Also, are the calculators on the Weymouth site reliable if I change the tax rate to reflect my state?
    Thanks.
  • Greetings mck588. Honda Finance's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 CR-V EX-L 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00150 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • mck588mck588 Posts: 12
    Has anyone found the lease calculator on the Weymouth Honda website to be accurate? I have had dealers (not in MA, but I figured in the correct sales tax for my state) look at me cross-eyed when I said I wanted to pay $xxx as a monthly payment. Am I missing something? Is the acquisition fee included on the Weymouth calculator? Should there be a disposition fee or security deposit?
  • Hi Car_man,

Can you please provide the lease numbers (mf & resid) on 24 and 36 month, 12K mi/year leases on the 2012 and 2013 Honda CR-V LX. Also, is there any lease support being provided?

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.