Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Lease Questions

Comments

• momimomi Posts: 2
    Hi

Can you tell me which dealer gave you that deal?
    I'm also from NJ and I was looking for an EX-L today with no navigation, and the dealer would not get below 377 a month with a 3800 OTD payment.
    I would love to get to your dealer

Thanks
  • Well after finding the forum and much negotiating (2 days 4-5 hours each day) I ended up getting a Pilot.

Honda Pilot EX-L W/NAV silver/grey leather - right under touring model.
    $1572.00 (title taxes fees etc)+428 first month.
    12k 36 mo. 428 a month w/tax.

After really looking at the CRV we decided for the price difference we could do the Pilot which in my opinion is way more car for the $$$.
  • momimomi Posts: 2
    Hi

Could you tell me where you got that deal?
    I would like to take a car with this lease
    Couldn't get anything that low where I was looking
    Thanks
  • I'm negotiating to lease this car and so far I'm at a sales price of $25,900 with a residual of 60% ($17343), $326 in fees, 12k miles/year for 3 years for a pretax monthly of $309.

I'm also considering paying all up front to avoid the finance cost. That would run roughly $9500 pretax--still working on nailing down the final number.

Would appreciate your opinion. Thanks
  • can you share teh dealer and contact info. I think the deal sounds good...
  • Hi kfitzy. Theoretically, if you shopped around with several different dealers, haggled a bunch, and went with the best offer one could do fine. However, I find that negotiating a low selling price on the vehicle that you want streamlines the process by enabling you to know what an excellent deal is right off the bat.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • The final price was $10113 out the door including 5.5% sales tax on CRV EX-L for 36mo/36k.
    MSRP 28905 negotiated down to 25900. Made a one-time up front lease payment.
    Dealer is Zimbrick in Madison WI.
    Got the prices and terms to negotiate on Weymouth Honda as per a former posting here and they essentially matched those numbers.
  • Aloha Friends,

Yesterday we leased a 2011 CR-V (here in Hawaii) based on the nationally advertised special of 35 months at $270 per month, no money down, and the first month "free."

The salesperson mentioned that because of the "package" included (I forget the exact name -- but which he identified as floor mats, some dent protectors on the side of the car, etc. --- priced at $525 by the way) that my lease payments would now be $312 per month.

Now, I know that license, registration, etc., would be added on to this lease, but does this $312 per month price sound legit to you??

Thank!

MG
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,704
    edited September 2011
    $525/36 = $14.58

$300 registration? = $8.33

$291/mo. + tax (6%?) = $309/mo..

Those are just estimates, so $312 isn't surprising..

If you want they should break out all the charges for you... $525 is probably a little steep for the accessories, but the deal seems decent overall..

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• I am trying to figure out if I am going to lease or buy and if I buy should I wait for the re-design of the 2012?

With that being said I did run across a place in NY that has the following deal on a 2011 SE 4x4.

The lease term is $225 a month for 36 months with taxes, tags, and a $595 bank fee. Given I am in VA I am looking at about $1500 out of pocket to cover all of this. This seems like a great deal better then most are getting. Still unsure if I want to lease or once again wait for the 2012 but this just seems to good to pass on.
  • shyamyshyamy Posts: 23
    Dear Car man, and friends,

If I plan to take the current advertised lease offer of $270/month for 35 moths (12K miles), then do I have to bargain on the selling price or is this deal fixed? More like a 'walk in and buy it' kind of thing?
  • Hi shyamy. Savvy consumers who are in an area that has a decent level of competition should be able to negotiate lower selling prices, and in turn lower monthly payments, than Honda's officially advertised deals. If I was in the market for this vehicle right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of a couple hundred dollars over dealer invoice minus the $500 dealer cash that is currently available on this model.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • I was quoted today on a 2011 EX 4WD with $0 due at signing at $337/month including all fees (tax, title, license, doc fee and aquisition).
    msrp 26255
    sale price 25300
    money factor .00078
    residual 62%

This was on a 3yr/36k mile. This is at Vern Eide Honda in Sioux Falls, SD. I'm working on trying to get them to add on a remote start at no extra cost, but they are reluctant as of now.

Good deal?
  • ck90211ck90211 Posts: 129
    Hi Car_Man, Can you please give me the MF and residual for 36 months, 12K miles/year, for a LX and SE 4WD? I visited a MD dealer and was quoted price of $21,700 (including freight), MF .00095 and residual of 62% for a LX 4WD. Sound right? Thanks.
  • jdillenjdillen Posts: 10
    edited October 2011
    Hey Carman,

Thanks for all that you do here, I lurk all the time and find your posts extremely helpful.

I'm looking at doing some crazy business with trading in our 2010 CRV EX that is financed for a 2011 EXL on a lease. This is in TX. Had an EX-L before and thought we'd get by without the leather/other goodies but prefer the EX-L and frankly my fiancee is only driving 8000 miles/yr so a lease would be ideal. And I think we got one in a bad batch as our 2010 was in the shop 3 times for a leaking rear main seal (not cool!) and steering vibrations...but we do love the CRV's.

That said, what are the Money Factor and Residual for a '11 EXL 2wd for 10k and 12k options? I have a price quote of selling price at $25,031 with an MSRP of $27,655 as my first internet quote which I think is very reasonable. They are "working" on a lease quote as I type this. Just wanted to verify. I'm seeing .00078 and 62% (for 12k) tossed around on here, but not sure if it applies to the 2wd and the October rates.

Thanks for your help!
    Jake
  • quote i have is for $229 per month with $3076 down which includes ttl,fees and $1,000 down payment. 3 yr. 36,000 miles, does it seem like a reasonable amount or can i do better? in cook county,il. so taxes kill us. am waiting for the exact breakdown of the lease as i write this
  • Ended up pulling the trigger on Mon 10/31 on a 2011 CRV EX-L 2wd, white/grey, MSRP $27, 655. Selling Price was $25, 400 plus tint and cargo protection package. Gave us $19k on trade for our 2010 CRV EX 2wd with 10k miles.

Lease came out to $342/month including tax (in Texas) with zero down, just first payment of $342 at signing. Rolled in acq fee, tags/etc. .00095 money factor and 59% residual on 36 month, 12k/yr. Getting a check back for $3,000 in equity from the 2010. This way we are set up to lease a new model about 2+ years into it's launch. Works out well. Best of luck out there.
  • breaks down like this-selling price is $24,100
    end of lease buy out-$16,015
    money factor-.00077

is this decent or can i push more?
  • kato5kato5 Posts: 2
    I'm not in any hurry to buy, so I was wondering if I should wait for the 2012 CRV, which they are now saying should be out by the end of the month. I don't care if I need to wait even three months, but don't know how great the national lease promotion is, and whether it might apply to 2012.

Anyone have any perspective they can offer on this? Basically, just wondering how exceptional is the national lease promotion being offered, and whether there might be something similiar for the 2012s.

Thanks
  • I have a 2009 CRV that is coming up on end of lease. Would like to buy it out. The lease is thru Honda Finance. Does anyone know if they negoiate on the buy out price?
This discussion has been closed.