Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2004-2009 Toyota Prius Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• ebs964ebs964 Posts: 5
    I just received a call from my insurance agent saying that I had requested a quote on an 08 Prius. I had not requested anything from my insurance agent so I did not understand how this happened. He told me that there are some car dealers that initiate a quote request from the insurance card that you give to them in order to do the test drive. The only dealership that I took at test drive was at Toyota Mall of GA. I really do not appreciate this dealer meddling in my private life. I have had nothing but bad experiences from this dealer but this one takes the cake!
    Just curious - what dealership? I want to be sure to stay clear of them!
  • kcbrigkcbrig Posts: 6
    The one in Roswell. I felt like I was the stupid girl who couldn't read a quote without a man helping her... I'll probably stick with the other dealer who gave me the initial quote and sell the car thru CarMax... It's very frustrating shopping for a Prius in Atlanta right now. They all know there's a waiting list and they don't seem to really want or need the business.
  • vbnsmanvbnsman Posts: 15
    Talked to a few local dealers. Prius's are starting to trickle into TX. Both dealers I spoke with are asking MSRP. Anyone getting a better deal?
    So you have been able to find a dealership in Atlanta that actually has a Prius? I can't seem to find a single one.
  • ctsactsa Posts: 6
    It seems all of the dealerships in SA have waiting lists 40 - 60 people long. Luckily, I should get mine on the next delivery. Who would have thought that there would be waiting lists for a Prius in Texas? I would rather have a Tundra, but the Prius makes more sense right now.
  • kcbrigkcbrig Posts: 6
    The one in Roswell has one this week, but they want $3000 over MSRP. World Toyota is getting a base model in by the EOM but they want $1900 over MSRP. A few others said they'll get some in 2 weeks. The one in Kennesaw is pretty much out - and even if you get on the wait list, it's a long wait.
  • traindrivertraindriver Posts: 328
    FWIW,
    There seems to be a few showing in inventory at the dealer in Asheville, NC. This seems to be a one price dealer offering the Prius at 300 under MSRP. Asheville is not that far from Atlanta. Google Jim Barkley Toyota. Call and see if the cars are really available. I know nothing about the dealer other than I think a friend at work purchased a car there and seemed satisfied. YMMV.
  • mevandermevander Posts: 7
    Out the door was 30,168? Must have been gold plated mats, You got fleeced. Tell me HOW you can configure a Prius up to 30,168 at MSRP?
    Out the door includes tax, title, and license...plus any other BS fees the state and/or dealership can come up with. That is HOW.
  • woodywwwoodyww Posts: 1,797
    2-3 years I shopped for a new Prius. Back then, I had 2 dealers in E. Mass. offer me $500 over Invoice on any Prius I wanted. (Shoulda, woulda, coulda).

However I kept my 6 cyl. bmw, & with the low miles I put on, the gas savings wouldn't be worth dumping it to pay even MSRP for a Prius now.....
  • ck90211ck90211 Posts: 129
    The full tax credit for Toyota expired Sept 30, 06 (I timed my purchase to that day, that's how I remembered), and 1/2 credit expired the quarter after that, than 1/4 credit another quarter after that. So no more tax credit on Toyota hybrids. But I think Hondas are still on 1/2 or 1/4 credit.
    You don't have to pay the "BS fess'. Some dealers try to get away w/ hitting you with advertising fees ect. Never give in, they are 'BS'. Also, if you are trading in a vehicle ask then to wash it though the books (it IS legal in most states), hence you will only pay sales tax on the difference of the new car vs, your trade. I used this when I sold my last car to a private buyer and asked the dealer if she could buy it from them.. ie wash it through the books and they said yes, with a 45 documentation fee. It is no skin off their nose if you sell it since no work on their part went into it. These are things that most people fail to ask and can save a TON of money
    The tax credits should be restored in full. The Feds need to in-cent us all financially to buy hybrids. I heard on the news that is the entire fleet of cars on the road increased fuel economy by 8mpg we would cut in 1/2 our dependence on foreign oil. I know that is not possible. but should hasten the feds to mandate manufacturers to up the MPG of their fleets much sooner than later
    Dealers asking $$$'s over MSRP are thiefs! No one should buy over MSRP. I am seeing posts of people paying 30,000 for a Prius, come on people, it is a small car! (yes great gas mileage), but the hyteria is nuts.
  • sbell4sbell4 Posts: 446
    you respectfully must have forgotten that we are fat lazy Americans. We earn our money and spend it as we wish. We do a lot of things we probably shouldn't do but immediate gratification has a cost.

We probably should take the bus and ride bicycles. We shouldn't eat fast foods, smoke or drink.

I believe "thief" is a bit harsh.
  • nycpriusnycprius Posts: 1
    Would be interested to know which dealer. I am about to buy a prius, and i got a quote of $26,400 from a dealer in Nassau County for a Prius with package #5, which i think should be about $1500 less than package #6, so I think you did well. Thanks.
    nycprius, I think that should be about $400 below MSRP assuming that it only has #5 and none of the other port or dealer adds. An even better deal if it does have extras. Good find right now!
  • ccdbbccdbb Posts: 18
    I am in Princeton area in NJ. Anyone know the base MF for leasing a Prius?

Thanks.

ccdbb
  • You want real sticker shock. Price out a Prius in Canada.

http://www.toyota.ca

Remeber that the Canadian dollar is currently worth more than the US dollar.

For anything other than the base model with nothing addedd it's around $40,000.00 :mad:
  • bob104bob104 Posts: 94
    30,168 OTD isn't bad for a Touring #6 given this market. I paid exactly $30,000 in Oct. 07 including an extended warranty 7yr/100k worth about $1100, or $28,900 comparing apples to apples. If you traded a 22 mpg car for the Prius you'll make up $1300 in 6 or so months depending on how much you drive.
    However, I think the Touring is not worth it. $500 (after negotiations) more and it gets about 3 mpg less due to the wide, sticky tires. The fancy wheels are covered with unfancy hubcaps and the sport suspension is best described as simply stiff.

Off topic: The Economist states that Fiat has a 900cc, 80bhp turbo engine that is rated 69gm CO2/km. The Prius is rated 104gmCO2/km. All else being equal the Fiat should get 66mpg compared to the Prius' 44 mpg. The Prius requires several hundred pounds of extra materials for the electric powertrain.
    Light is good. And the turbo allows you to putt along efficiently most of the time with the turbo in reserve like Popeye's can of spinach, just like the electric side of the Prius.
    Ultimately we'll have plug-in hybrid electrics with 40 hp electric and 40 hp turbos getting a combined 100 mpg-equivalent--Popular Mechanics.

http://www.toyota.uk.com/bv/1024downloads/FuelConsumption_Emissions_01-06.pdf
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi howac. Toyota is not currently providing lease support on the Prius in any region. As a result, if you were to lease one through Toyota Financial Services right now, you will have to use its standard lease money factor. The last time that I saw it, TFS' buy rate standard money factor was .00235 for consumers who qualify for its "Tier 1+" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • kbenderkbender Posts: 1
    Hubby and I have been considering the Prius but have yet to drive one, as none of the lots in our area have them in stock. We finally drove to Naples, FL yesterday (Germain Toyota) to see to pre-owned 2008 Prius Base models they had in stock (no package...base models both. The mileage on one was around 9K, the other around 17K , I believe, but don't quote me on that. Anyway, imagine my shock when I sat in the passenger seat and saw the prices on the window.....get this...

$33K marked down to $31K.....YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME! That should be illegal. We drove one anyway, just because we didn't want to have wasted our trip, but I can't believe they even had the gall to actually ask that for a base used model....disgusting!

Woah....makes me not even want to buy a Prius at all.....and also reminds me why I never end up buying a Toyota....I always go in loving the vehicle but the dealers here just are unbelievable!

The dealer in Ft Myers says they have a 6 week waiting list. Is that about the norm? When I go on their website, they do show inventory coming available...could that be, or could it be they just don't update their website for their waiting list backlog?
  • oldcoacholdcoach Posts: 28
    Just bought a new 208 Prius , with packages, plus # 2 and Good floor mats for 23,909. Which is the MSRP. I will take delivery on thursday May 29, 2008. :D :D
    That is an unreal price read post #1509. It takes 6 to 8 weeks if you order a Prius, I was lucky mind had been ordered for the dealership and they let me buy it before it came in. :D :D
  • m2mazda6m2mazda6 Posts: 20
    My dealer called today I'm next in line, could have hade one now but it was black, we want a Green one, we can wait so I get the next Green one in
  • klasklas Posts: 22
    It alwasy puzzled me what's with the hysteria around Prius? I personally didn't buy the 2008 model because I did not see any substantial savings in it and waiting what next generation will bring us. Is it 2009 or 2010 that we should be waiting for?
  • sharon22sharon22 Posts: 28
    The 2009 will be a carryover with no significant changes. The 2010 being announced in January will be the one that will be the 3rd generation Prius. You can see the exterior and read all about it on priuschat.com.
  • 204meca204meca Posts: 366
    I am seriously looking at Prius. Typically used a Prius with less than 20K miles sells for about $ 500 less than a new one here in NW WA.
    I am considering a loaded 2007 Prius w 9K miles for $18500. The hitch is that it has a salvaged title & was originally registered in my county (so at least it is not flood car!). Carfax says airbag deployed. The seller swears it did not & says take it to a mechanic. I imagine even Carfax could make an occasional error.

I would definitely take it to Toyota dealer a for a pre-purchase inspection. Will a dealer be able to tell definitively if the airbag are functional or is there someway a savvy rebuilder could cover up a missing airbag? Thanks
    Be careful, there must be a reason for selling a loaded 2007 Prius for 4 or 5 thousand under book. What seems to good to be true, sometimes are to good to be true. Check it out.
This discussion has been closed.