Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2004-2009 Toyota Prius Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Go for 25,000

I just got a black package 5 in North NJ yesterday for 25,000 at 5.4 financing. Put 4000 down.

My wife is thrilled so I guess it's a good price for me...:P

The one thing that I thought was weird was that the dealer wanted 600 bucks to install the on board XM/Sirius...????? I didn't go for it and they didn't really push it either.

Do you guys know how this works with the sat radio so it's integrated in to the console ?.. Is it possible ?

Thanks
  • temsleytemsley Posts: 4
    I just noticed that there were a couple of inquiries to my posting of 2/29/08 (#1282). Sorry to have not noticed this earlier. I purchased my Prius #2 at Fox Toyota in East Providence, RI. They were good to work with. There was a bit of a mix up with the paperwork but the salesman was good. Hope this helps.
  • sallyrusallyru Posts: 1
    I just bought a package 2 at Hollywood Toyota for $22k + tax and title. I just emailed the internet saleswoman until she agreed to my price, which I think is pretty great. Plus, they were all really nice there.
  • norcaloznorcaloz Posts: 1
    I just picked up a Magnetic Gray package 6 for $25,431.

I saw an ad from a San Bruno dealer on Craigslist for $25,600 (which is the lowest I've ever seen for a pkg6!) , and I called Walnut Creek Toyota (my local) to see what they could do...George in the Internet Sales dept was awesome......no pressure at all, long test drive by ourselves to check some things out, came back, paid cash, and thanks to this website (and priuschat) the guy in the finance and insurance dept didn't have a chance of unloading his crap on me!

$27,953.00 out the door with TTL in northern california. :P
  • Good job Norcaloz. Sounds like a great deal!
  • Just purchased a Mag Gray #6 w/leather in Honolulu, HI for $27k out the door. Sounded like a good price at the time, maybe it was, maybe it wasn't. Either way, it was the only Mag Gray/leather combo available at the time so they weren't budging any more. Servco Hawaii(the one and only Toyota dealer in Hawaii) has a monopoly out here but still they're price "seems" to be reasonable compared to what I read on these forums.
  • mrx1mrx1 Posts: 3
    Just bought an 08 Prius (pkg #2, plus floor mats) used as a "loaner" w/10 miles on it for $22.3 including tax, title, fees in Wisconsin. No trade-in and cash purchase. How does that stack up?
  • Just purchased a Mag Gray #6 w/leather in Honolulu, HI for $27k out the door. Sounded like a good price at the time, maybe it was, maybe it wasn't. Either way, it was the only Mag Gray/leather combo available at the time so they weren't budging any more. Servco Hawaii(the one and only Toyota dealer in Hawaii) has a monopoly out here but still they're price "seems" to be reasonable compared to what I read on these forums.

Out the door? You mean including tax, license, etc...? Sounds like a good deal.
  • Just bought an 08 Prius (pkg #2, plus floor mats) used as a "loaner" w/10 miles on it for $22.3 including tax, title, fees in Wisconsin. No trade-in and cash purchase. How does that stack up?

Sounds ok. You paid $20k (plus tax, etc...) for a car that others are buying NEW for $22k or so!? I would rather buy the brand new car myself. You did fine but to me that small price differential is not worth buying a used car. Would you buy a used suit at Nordstroms if they gave you 10% off? I would not.
  • voidvoicevoidvoice Posts: 24
    Im looking to buy a prius08 with package #2, what other pay in new york city? any dealer recommendation? how much do u pay? thanks
  • imaneeshimaneesh Posts: 2
    I can't seem to get a hold of a Prius #2 in Texas for under $25k drive-out.

This is getting crazy. I've called almost 50 dealers. And hardly any are selling for a dime below MSRP.

What's going on ?
  • central jersey

25K for 2008 prius package 5 w/ sirius - classic silver w/ dark interior + $198 doc fee, TTL.

bought it through email, surprised that some dealerships still have the tower and BS negotiating.
    One man's "junk" is another man's "treasure". Note, if you buy a new car off the lot be sure to check the mileage. Surprising that you truely think a car w/10 miles on it is "used". If you want a 0 miles car-get ready to sit a long time waiting for that one-from the reads on this forum I'd say 6-8months. Guess we won't be taking any rides together, enjoy your Nordstroms spree. Question though, if I try on a suit at Nortdstroms and don't buy it, but you do on another day - is it used?
  • Paid 21,908 OTD for a Package 2
  • Obviously I mis-read your post. I thought it was 10k miles. Odd to post how many miles are on a new car as most have under 100 in my experience so it's not a very relevant issue. So, yes you did very fine with your purchase. I dnn't get why it was a "loaner" car with 10 miles on it but whatever. Doesn't matter.

I hope your JC Penny's suits treat you well my friend. I will keep buying my "used" Nordstrom suits. Thanks for pointing that out to me.
    Just got back from Wal-Mart, great stuff. I've seen a glut of cars (6-8) in that 10-20 mile range around here. They are being labeled as having been loaner cars for the dealership. Prior to this purchase I had only been looking for the past 2 months, but have noticed a "hardening" by dealerships on bargaining. An example of such is that I offered a 22K OTD deal for an actual used 08 this one w/2-3,000 miles on it. The absolute best the dealer would do is $500 off their asking 23.9K + tax/etc... Considering the almost 6% sales tax in WI I'm happy w/the result. Having done actual negotiating w/5-6 dealerships in my search I'm curious if other parts of the country are also seeing dealers being more firm? True one can always cross the street to look for the better deal, but at least in my case timing was an issue.
  • plamplam Posts: 10
    I agree. I guess supply outweighs demand. The whole point is to save money on gas not to give the dealers a bonus. The Honda dealers are better with their civic hybrid.
  • bksinghbksingh Posts: 3
    I bought yesterday a Silver Pine Mica Toyota Prius Touring Edition Package 6 for $25997 + tax + lic + doc fee. The OTD price was $28458. I spent about a couple of week to get the quote from 8-9 dealers in Bay Area. The best deal that I got was $25997 + tax + lic + doc fee. Some of the dealers were not even ready to match this price. Though I didn't get any freebees like free maintenance service for a year etc.

Do they usually give any incentive like free maintenance service etc ? Thanks.
  • roger1655roger1655 Posts: 12
    bksingh - Where did you end up purchasing your Prius? I just stared looking in the Bay Area as well and the first few quotes in the San Jose Area for the same equipped vehicle are mid $27k. Thanks.
  • gtguy1gtguy1 Posts: 3
    @25997 seems like a great price. I live in LA and have started shopping for a prius about 2 weeks ago and no one has prices that low. So far the lowest I've seem is arouns $26,800. When you negotiated the price with the dealer what did you do? Just offer an amount and say take it or leave it? Was it hard to get that price for the package #6? I'm just curious since I plan to buy next week and want to know what to expect. - Bob