Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2004-2009 Toyota Prius Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Can you comment on advisability of leasing a used Prius, eg, a 2007 with 30k miles for 3 years? Asking price $23K, prob nego price 22K? Estimate payment with $2000 down?

Should I look into an old prius and putting new batteries in it, as a purchase?
  • mike3327mike3327 Posts: 1
    Bought at Toyota of Alamada (bay area) last Saturday. Cut the deal on the phone in about 10 seconds. Picked the car up same day.

Sleezy dealership, didn't know sh*t about the car, gave me all kinds of wrong information bout features, etc., tried to rip me off with with extended warranty in the finance managers office, and then tried to charge me $750 to put XM in.

But still a decent price for the car itself...
  • shermaroshermaro Posts: 3
    What dealership did you purchase the car from and who was your sales person.
  • sri345sri345 Posts: 6
    Hi whiterice,

I'm planning to buy Prius Package 2 or 3 in CT, NY area. Can you please introduce me to your sales person. You can find my email in my profile. It would be great if you can give me the details of your sales guy.
  • Sri345, email me at whiterice20@gmail.com
    I'll be more than happy to give you the info to my dealer.
  • jrenton7jrenton7 Posts: 5
    I am in Albuquerque NM and am willing to travel to any state around me (texas, Arizona, Utah, CO to find the 22,000 price OTD on the prius package #2. Both the dealerships in my area quote a price of 24,000 OTD. If anybody could help me with how they got their dealer down so low or know a dealer that I can get to go that low in my area it would be much appreaciated!
  • 3c33c3 Posts: 74
    Other than an exteremely rare "10-mile loaner car" reported in this thread, you're not going to find a new pkg#2 for $22,000 OTD. In CA, it's $21,xxx + tax.
  • jrenton7jrenton7 Posts: 5
    Thanks for the response I appreaciate it. I have found one 07 Prius in city that they want 20500 for (i got them down from 21908) The car has 6500 miles on it and a perfect carfax record. Coming from a dealer do you think this is a good deal. I counter offered 20000 strait. Think I should go for it or just spend the 23500-24500 on a new one. In new mexico there is no tax on hybrids so this is a OTD price.

Sorry to bug first new (slightly new) car purchase and first payment on a car (i have always paid cash) so this is a stressful expereince and could use all the help i can get
  • m2mazda6m2mazda6 Posts: 20
    If you order a Prius from a dealer with package 2 how long would it take to get it
  • sweetoothsweetooth Posts: 23
    Which dealership and what color? Can you please let me know, thanks. I would truly appreciate it as i am about to buy one end of this week.
  • If anyone would like me to introduce you to my sales guy, please email me at whiterice20@gmail.com. This was purchased in the North east.
  • My color was white. If you want me to introduce you to my sales guy please email me at whiterice20@gmail.com
    Is this number 23988 including tax, fees and title?
    I just did :-) Please do email me dealer's info and also please confirm that this price is out the door, right? 21908 includes everything, so tired of dealer tantrums...want to be prepared when i get there...
    Hey 3c3, Victorias1,
    Can you please give me the website for Concord internet department, i would very much appreciate it. I live in the NorthEast and am looking to buy a prius with atleast package 2 ASAP. I am new member to this site and have been trying to read through the links to see what's the best price i can expect to pay for this car.

I wonder if i upgrade to package 5, would i get better discounts? I am sure about not wanting leather. So, i pretty much want to stick to package 2 if i could clinch a good deal.
    Also, would a CA dealer deliver through a local dealer in Northeast?

All your help would be deeply appreciated.
  • bratiebratie Posts: 1
    Hello everyone,
    I am in SoCal and just leased a '08 Prius with package two. I had a trade-in worth $1,000 and put $650 down. My price is $355/mo for 36 months with 12,000 miles. I feel like that's a pretty good deal. I leased it at Toyota of Hollywood from a great guy named ROY.
  • ramleramle Posts: 10
    We just purchased a new Prius package # 6 with cargo net, floor mats and added two way heated seats for 6,250. We also got extended 7 year 75000 miles warranty for 1,190, but have a week to change our mind. Is it worth it? we thought that with all the electronics and hybrid stuff we should have it, but now not sure about it and about the price of the warranty.
  • yes 21,908 was OTD
  • scottc3scottc3 Posts: 109
    FOR SURE, 100% accurate, you should get the 7/75 for no more than $800. I can scan and email you my actual sales slip on my Prius if you need it. Tell the dealer you have seen on the web that it should be $800 and no more... then start to walk away... they will not let you leave.

sc
  • ramleramle Posts: 10
    Does the state makes a difference? we are in MD. The sales person didn't deal with the warranty it was par tof the finance department. She offered 1850, than 1400 and than when we said we do not need it and will not take it 1150.
    How can I get them to lowere it to 800?

Thanks