Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Where Is Ford taking the Lincoln Motor Company?

Comments

• m1miatam1miata Member Posts: 4,551
    Cool looking sports car. Thanks for the link.

Wonder if the Mazda6 will be re-designed, or simply modified?

I like the look of the Milan, and still wonder why there is a Lincoln.

I see that the motto for Lincoln now is, " Reach Higher ". Darn, I hate that, with my bad back and all. I don't like to hear those words, reach higher. :P And where are you starting to reach from - a Ford? Well then, yes, it has more stuff on it. And yeap, it is a grade or so above the Fusion. I doubt it is reaching higher ground than a Cadillac or a Japan or German higher grade of car. Interesting that American cars are in Pursuit or Reach For or whatever, yet the BMW was and is the Ultimate Driving Machine. Now that is confidence. How about Audi, " Never Follow. " Oh well, the MKZ is a reach anyway. :D

Seriously, the Lincoln is a nice car. I just think the Milan is nice little FWD car. Sorry for sounding like I am picking on the Zephyr, MKZ, or whatever it is. It does look OK, and like the Milan, would be a very decent car to own.
    -Loren
  • scootertrashscootertrash Member Posts: 698
    I imagine that will appear instead of the MKS- Same size, price and that TT V-6. But, it mentions being RWD. I can't see them having two completely different TT V-6 50k sedans.

At least it's not invisible like the MKS-- There's definitely Mazda RX-8 in those front fenders.
    Gotta lose the Pontiac Solstice grille though.
  • I think it is too late to do much of anything differently with the MKS. All the tooling investment, contracts with suppliers, etc. Also, the MKR has not even been unveiled yet as a show car. Job One is likely years off.

Actually, the grill does have a MKS/MKZ/'07 Mark LT flavor, with the addition of body color in the middle. Easy facelifts for the other three by the time the MKR would appear on the scene.
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,308
    'reach higher', lincoln is trying to motivate you to ovrcome that back problem. ;)
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
    Good, how's the lumbar support on the drivers seat. :)
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,308
    when my back is bothering me, i turn on the heated seats, even in my focus. :D
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
    Heated seats, you say! I have to wait for Spring or Summer for heated seats. I was shocked to find such poor seats on some Cadillacs. Those without an optional lumbar support seem at best adequate, to even terrible. The CTS is OK without lumbar, but could be better. The DeVille was just awful without lumbar support. I guess a trip to the car upholstery shop to have some lower foam place in would remedy the problem. How does Ford/Lincoln seats compare to GM/Caddy seating overall?

Seems like simple things, like having telescopic steering wheels, are missing on fairly expensive cars such as the CTS. Guess they figure people will pay for added features. Considering this is not an option, but standard equipment on a Mazda3, you have to wonder about how these items are not standard on more luxurious cars.
    -Loren
  • rockyleerockylee Member Posts: 14,014
    I just want the MKR's engine to show up in the MKS. :)

Rocky
    http://blogs.edmunds.com/Straightline/2018

Rocky

P.S. A must read on edmunds straightline....... ;)
    ...and I'm hoping this means the MKS is dead.
    LOL, it very well could be with the MKR.....I however like the grill on the MKS way better than this beast. If this grill gets slapped on the next Lincoln then you can cross Lincoln off my list. :sick:

Rocky
  • I love this grill. A real Lincoln look after all. Comes from the 41 Continental, without being retro at all. It looks foreboding and rich, like a real standout luxury car. A grill to out-grill Audi, and to rival Rolls Royce audacity. No one will confuse what's coming.

The MKS is namby pamby by comparison. I hope that 2008 intro for the rear drive sedan is correct. Like Scooter, I hope this means the MKS is dead in the water as a Lincoln (I think it would make a GREAT Mercury, and FoMoCo could go a long way toward reviving both brands by making the MKS a Mercury Meteor or something...just not a Lincoln). Give the MKR 400+ hp and the Mercury MKS about 300 from that 3.7.

All of a sudden, there is hope for Lincoln! Like I said before, that a lot of you don't like the concept also speaks volumes. This will NOT be anonymous like MKZ and MKS. This will out-Caddy Caddy and leapfrog over 300 so far the polarizing 300 will look timid by comparison. Wow. Call me Rocky II. I love this car! :blush:
    Rocky, doesn't like the MKR at all but does like the engine. I doubt you will see many import buyer cross shop such a ugly grill. Give me a MKS, with the MKR's engine and I'll be happy. :)

Rocky
  • nvbankernvbanker Member Posts: 7,239

So its the Range Rover "SC" ?????

Hey, nobody wants one of the new Range Rover Sports more than I do. But I know people who have them, and they are the same old Range Rover still - door handles and panels fall off when you shut the door - radios don't, HVAC is generally an on-off function, etc..... As beautiful and comfy as they are with their Coventry Leather, I can't handle that. Hoping the magic of Jaguar's quality improvement spreads over before Alan sells the both of them back to Nasser...
  • Ugly grill = good sign. Controversial. Provocative. Polarizing. Bingo!

To me it is beautiful...forceful and creative and worthy of a signature grill. But grills don't make a car. The rest of it is bold and beautiful too. I think the MKS is dead. But if it is not, you may still buy it and be pleased. But I wouldn't give it a second look. Too too bland. But if that's what you like, go for it! :)
  • british_roverbritish_rover Member Posts: 8,502
    Your people must have imaginary Range Rovers. The only problem large scale I have seen with the sports, and only on early build units, have been issues with the air suspension. That was fixed by using larger air compressors that didn't have to work so hard.

Everything else has been random issues that are normal for a first year vehicle.

Haven't seen any panels fall off, haven't seen any problems with radios except for the kind of spotty recpetion that the sirius sat radio has. I haven't had any problems with HVAC controls.

On and sports don't use Coventry leather they use windsor leather for the seats if you get the LUX interior package.

Oh and I am sure that rocky will be distressed to learn that many of the quality problems Land Rovers had back in the day were due to out right sabatage by Union workers at the plant.

We had engines that would come in and blow within a few hundred miles due to being assembled wrong on purpose.

The worker would spray paint a smiley face on the side of the block as a calling card.
    Oh and I am sure that rocky will be distressed to learn that many of the quality problems Land Rovers had back in the day were due to out right sabatage by Union workers at the plant.

We had engines that would come in and blow within a few hundred miles due to being assembled wrong on purpose.

The worker would spray paint a smiley face on the side of the block as a calling card.

Obviously they did it for a reason ? I don't encourage such practices unless they out source your job while they are making plenty money. ;)

Rocky
    Actually I want a loaded Range Rover not the sport with the Supercharged engine. I think the supercharged engine and newest body design came out last year 06' or the year before 05' ?

Reagardless it's one of my most desirable vehicals I'd like to own. In black of course :shades:

Rocky
  • heyjewelheyjewel Member Posts: 1,046
    Rocky;

You're back to wanting "1 of each". What are you, Jay Leno?

What happened to that classic Mustang you were buying? Did u ever get it?
    Actually, the grill does have a MKS/MKZ/'07 Mark LT flavor, with the addition of body color in the middle.

I see a grille there reminiscent of the original 1940 Continental, myself...and I like it.

Reagardless it's one of my most desirable vehicals I'd like to own. In black of course

Well, we may both get our chance - they depreciate like an Oldsmobile Diesel in a year or two - becoming the price of a new Impala.....
    Are those rather large surface area fins on the grill angled opposite to proper aero dynamics for a car? Would it not create a push or pull effect on the front during all, if not certain angles of wind due to it catching wind rather than rolling off and pushing inward from the vacuum made? Guess I would make a terrible engineer for wind dynamics, as this just looks wrong to me. People are right though about it at least being bold. May be way out, but you can not call it bland. Will it fly as a Lincoln? I am not sure it is Lincoln image or not.
    -Loren
    Again you just don't know what you are talking about...

A 2003 MY Range Rover, which is the first year of the current body style/platform, sells for a little under 40,000 dollars with low mileage(upper 30 to low 40k miles) and the certified warranty.

MSRP of that year was betwen 72,000 and 75,000 dollars. So about a 50 percent residual after four years. Pretty standard for luxury vehicles actually.

On topic...

Here is how I see Lincolns new line up.

MKZ as the Lexus ES fighter.

Should do well with a potent V6 and AWD big one up on the ES. Make the styling a little more agressive and not boring like the ES and that will even better. Try and get the driving to be a bit more engaging then the lexus.

MKX as the RX fighter.

Makes since as it is 5 passenger only and will be avaliable as a hybrid.

Again make the driving dynamics and the styling more agressive and engaging. Need to do something with the stopping and handling of the MKX though as it seems sub-par.

Lincoln should not have traditional trucks. The Navigator should be scrapped for a 7 passenger luxury crossover like the Audi Q7. I think the CX-9 platform could be a good idea for that. Figure out a way to put that great Yamah V8 into it and that would be perfect.

The Mark LT should be scrapped too. No reason to have that it is silly.

Next you need a RWD Sports sedan and a Sports coupe.

I can see the MKR as the coupe and then a Sedan version of that as well. Turbo V6 power as a base and then a nice V8.

Let that gell in the market for a little while and them come out with a large full on luxury RWD Sedan. Just keep it priced well under the XJ8, starting at around 55,000 and stopping a little over 60,000, so you don't step on Jags toes and then RWD only to stay away from the S80.
  • The MKR IS a sedan. It is just cool enough to look a bit like a coupe.
    I thought I read some where that the production version would most liekly be a coupe oh well.

Make a coupe and sedan version then.
    Again you just don't know what you are talking about...

A 2003 MY Range Rover, which is the first year of the current body style/platform, sells for a little under 40,000 dollars with low mileage(upper 30 to low 40k miles) and the certified warranty.

MSRP of that year was betwen 72,000 and 75,000 dollars. So about a 50 percent residual after four years. Pretty standard for luxury vehicles actually.

Gee, Brandon - thanks for the props - but I do know what I'm talking about.

You see, I'm wholesaling and am at the Manheim Auction every week. Manheim sold 157 of these units you are talking about precisely last week. Average mileage was 48,000 for an 03, and they go wholesale for $31,900 - retail for $34,900. Even with only 26,000 miles on 'em, they go for $34,700 wholsale, $38,000 retail. That's $5300 UNDER your $40,000 estimate with LOW mileage, and that's still a 49% drop in 3 years (cause it's not 07 yet), and although CAdillacs will do the same, it's horrible depreciation. At average mileage, they drop 53% on a retail basis.

Now, mind you, I like this car. Even LOVE this car, and covet owning one - the only thing that stops me is the quality that is still lacking. And I'm not talking power train, they are the undisputed off road champion. I'm talking about hardware in the cabin mostly.

A 2 or 3 year old Range would be a great buy, as they depreciate like a rock, as I said, in their first 2-3 years.
    heyjewel,

I wrote a few weeks ago my wife smashed my work car the 98' mustang. So now instead of having a extra car that was paid for which would allow me to buy a toy like the 90' Mustang, I now am going to have to use those funds to buy me yet another car instead. :cry:

I just recentley bought my wife's grandma's 2000' Buick Century from the estate. It just got fixed yesterday (electrical issues shorting out) and I'm expecting delivery of it tommorow from my wifes Uncle.

I planned on the purchase of this vehical about a month or so ago but we were in no rush and my wifes uncle was busy playing in his band on tours which caused the delays.

So the bottom line is I'm going to have to use some of the funds that I set aside for the 90' Stang to purchase a reliable work car or pony up and buy a half-way decent family car and choose to drive the buick back n' forth to work. :sick:

The mustang had 149K on her before my wife got in that accident. I planned on running her another 149K since she was a strong runner and good car to me. :) I sold her off for parts for $1K and feel that was fair.

So yeah right now I'm in the market for a car but instead of it being a sports car it will have to be a 4-door vehical.

Guess what guys ?????????????????????? The owner of the dealership was going to deliver my 96' Dodge truck that's been in the shop for over a month today to me and it died on him. He had to tow it back to the shop again :mad:
    He said my truck has been the hardest thing he's ever had to work on. He said if I don't get it back by next Tuesday, he will give me an additional 40% off my bill to help cover my rental expenses. I however must admit I really like my rental alot. it's a 06' Jeep Laredo from enterprise. I might ask the owner of my local jeep dealer
    (the guy working on my 96' truck) if he will allow me to buy a SRT-8 at invoice since as a thank-you to us for being patient with his dealership.

Rocky
    "I wrote a few weeks ago my wife smashed my work car the 98' mustang. So now instead of having a extra car that was paid for which would allow me to buy a toy like the 90' Mustang, I now am going to have to use those funds to buy me yet another car instead.

I just recentley bought my wife's grandma's 2000' Buick Century from the estate. It just got fixed yesterday (electrical issues shorting out) and I'm expecting delivery of it tommorow from my wifes Uncle.

I planned on the purchase of this vehical about a month or so ago but we were in no rush and my wifes uncle was busy playing in his band on tours which caused the delays.

So the bottom line is I'm going to have to use some of the funds that I set aside for the 90' Stang to purchase a reliable work car or pony up and buy a half-way decent family car and choose to drive the buick back n' forth to work.

The mustang had 149K on her before my wife got in that accident. I planned on running her another 149K since she was a strong runner and good car to me. I sold her off for parts for $1K and feel that was fair.

So yeah right now I'm in the market for a car but instead of it being a sports car it will have to be a 4-door vehical.

Guess what guys ?????????????????????? The owner of the dealership was going to deliver my 96' Dodge truck that's been in the shop for over a month today to me and it died on him. He had to tow it back to the shop again
    He said my truck has been the hardest thing he's ever had to work on. He said if I don't get it back by next Tuesday, he will give me an additional 40% off my bill to help cover my rental expenses. I however must admit I really like my rental alot. it's a 06' Jeep Laredo from enterprise. I might ask the owner of my local jeep dealer
    (the guy working on my 96' truck) if he will allow me to buy a SRT-8 at invoice since as a thank-you to us for being patient with his dealership."

Oh!
    So,That's where Ford is taking LINCOLN!
    There are worse things than being condemned to drive a Century to work and back.....like a Kia.....

I think you should go for the ACADIA - evidently it trumps all other crossovers, according to the press.... Of course, they also liked the Ion......... :cry:

There is of course, the MKZ available out there..... Although between the two, I'd take the Laredo myself.... :blush:
  • lemkolemko Member Posts: 15,261
    Funny thing, I dropped off my Cadillac Seville STS for service and the dealership gave me a brown Century as a loaner that morning. The guard at my workplace stops me at the gate and notices no decal on the car. I told him, "It's a loaner car. Do you think I'd actually buy a car like this?" The guy chuckled and waved me on through.

Actually, the Century's not a bad looking car on the outside, but the interior was really cruddy by the late 1990s. GM would never have allowed such a cruddy interior in a Chevrolet Biscayne back in the day. I loved the gigantic numerals on the speedometer. I guess Buick knew it's demographic. I think they called the car the Century because that's the average age of its drivers.
  • euphoniumeuphonium Member Posts: 3,425
    "Oh!
    So,That's where Ford is taking LINCOLN!"

Thank you. ;);)
    I think they called the car the Century because that's the average age of its drivers.

Not at the time the Century name was initiated, it wasn't. It was the Doctor's car then. It deteriorated in the 90's to the blandmobuick it is today. OR was. But the LaCrosse, while looking better on the outside, isn't a bit better on the inside, and the Lucerne is even worse, emulating the worst interior in any luxury car today - the Town Car.....
  • lemkolemko Member Posts: 15,261
    What? The LaCrosse is much nicer inside than the Century. It's like a night and day difference. Back in the 1980s, the Century had a pretty nice interior, sort of like a less plush version of my 1988 Park Avenue. The 1990s and early 2000s Century screams "Contemporary American Rental Car."

I know where the Century name originated. It started in 1936 when Buick put the Roadmaster engine in the light Special body. It was called Century because the car could exceed 100 mph. I guess you could call it the first muscle car or "The Banker's Hot Rod"
    Has nothing to do with where Ford it taking Lincoln, does it? I too admired and purchased the interiors of yesteryears Buicks, and I loved the interior of the 84 ish Century. Loved best the interior of my 82 Park Avenue, which was rich with velour and plood everywhere, and Park Avenue lit up on the Passenger side at night. The interior on my 85 Park Avenue wasn't bad either - and neither was my 87 LeSabre. And my 91 Park Avenue also, was nice. MOre velour....red this time. But somewhere in the 90's, the "melted plastic" look took over, and everything got plain and uuuugly. Melted black plastic depresses the hell out of me. I just don't like new GM interiors, I guess. The new Tahoe is the first best interior work I've seen from GM in a decade....
  • displacedtexandisplacedtexan Member Posts: 364
    Still not exactly not on-topic, but...

Loved best the interior of my 82 Park Avenue, which was rich with velour and plood everywhere, and Park Avenue lit up on the Passenger side at night.

I miss those days and actually have a couple brochures of the Olds 98 and Cadillac Sedan deVille from the late 1970s and early 1980s, with the loose pillow look velour seats. I remember thinking as a high schooler that those really bespoke luxury and said one had arrived.

Now, back to Lincoln?
    My father (AKA Mr. Lincoln) still talks about lighthing on the passenger side of the dashboard of the 1980 or so Riviera he had 20+ years ago.
    The reason they no longer have those pillow seats is that the image they also have the image of a person driving a living room couch around. I did have the Olds98 Regency in '87 with those seats, and they did feel very rich. I just don't see them coming back. And in those days people thought of them as a relic of the past. The more firm BMW or Mercedes seat became the model for excellence. Like some have posted here on the forums in the past, they may be missing some customs which do not want or long for the hard seats, and feel every pebble on the road ride. Is it really so wrong, with rough roads these days, not to have comfort? And were those softy seats so bad after all, when you are in need of comfort. If you analyze all the car reviews, first thing always noted on tests of a Buick, Caddy or Mercury or Lincoln, is gee this is more floaty than a Bimmer, or is the Buick handling like an Accord, or boy those seats did not hold as well on that 80 MPH cornering of a 50 MPG turn. You get my drift. It is always the first hit an American car - Lincoln - will take as points against them, if the car is tailored for comfort.

Well here is my non-scientific evaluation of cars as a whole. First of all, my Miata, once owned for three years, was a blast to drive, but was not comfortable at all. So give a point and take a point, or better yet score a point as perfect for what it does. I once owned a 1987 Olds98, which was a bit softer handling, and FWD, so it was not a sports car. An important note however is that it handled better than a base four cylinder Mustang I had owned just before it. It did not look like a sports car, but drove better on cornering. Had the soft seats, which I never fell out of, the look of luxury bigger car, FWD, yet it was not a bad handling car. Would the car reviews consider the car as anything fun at all to drive - heck no! I am sure the reviews would read, another soft American luxury car for the elderly to drive. Now, I am sure the Mustang GT with dual rear shocks would have handled a bit better, but then again, the teeth would rattle too. Really, today I would think any Lincoln or Cadillac is going to provide a safe and well
    in control ride, while providing safety and luxury. Will a DTS beat a BMW, Accord, or a Mazda6 on a country road, or between the stop lights? Ummm, really now, who cares. With very good 0-60 times, and much improved handling abilities, I think American luxury is in 95% of the case close enough to performance, while being cheaper to buy, maintain and a bit softer on the butt to drive. I like the Mazda6 or Accord V6, and take nothing away in how they perform, but I would NOT be embarrassed to own an SLS, or even a DTS in GM or MKZ in Lincoln just because some car reviewer thinks it too soft. Test drove a CTS, which I am sure is not 100% as much in handling as the BMW, but it was fun to drive, and provides all I could want for in a car made right here in America. Bimmer is great, no doubt in my mind, but there is nothing wrong with CTS.
    -Loren
  • The CTS can measure up well against the European and Japanese competition. No need to qualify it. But you do have a point. Floaty American cars (there are still plenty of them) serve most American drivers rather well.

Americans are some of the worst drivers in the world. Those of us who consider ourselves not so bad at it, end up more or less driving like everyone else, because we are often boxed in by the drivers in front or back who brake on every durve and corner, and slow down as if they think they will tip going any faster. They take forever to get going at lights, but go through the yellow when it is turning red at speed. They drive like bats out of hell on the freeway, but throw them a curve and it is back down to 20 mph. No need for a stellar handling machine. Any modern one will do well enough for those purposes.
  • euphoniumeuphonium Member Posts: 3,425
    I know where the Century name originated. It started in 1936 when Buick put the Roadmaster engine in the light Special body. It was called Century because the car could exceed 100 mph.

Exactly! Later Olds did the same with putting a 98 engine in the 76 and designated it the Rocket 88. Cad put their engine in a Buick Special body and designated it Series 61. My father drove his for ten years. It was a Cad from the dash forward, Buick Special body, with Chevy interior.

So what has Lincoln done with engine swaps? They get by with installing a Crown Victoria Ford engine in their Town Cars ever since 1980. :mad: :P :sick:
    So what has Lincoln done with engine swaps? They get by with installing a Crown Victoria Ford engine in their Town Cars ever since 1980.

Hey, well, Ford stopped making Mercury * Lincoln engines long before GM stopped making Division engines in about 75, and at least Ford was honest about it and call all of their engines Ford engines starting in the 60's.... GM was trying to lie to the (stupid) public for years putting Chevy engines into their Oldsmobiles, etc., so other than Cadillac's Northstar - all other engines are GM corporate mills for decades now. What's the difference?
  • Lincoln had a unique engine until well into the 70's, except for some sharing with the larger T-birds. Looks like Lincoln will have a unique engine or two again down the road. Not a Lincoln line of engines exactly, but a step in the right direction.
  • ehaaseehaase Member Posts: 328
    http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Features/articleId=118988?tid=edmunds.il.ho- - me.photopanel..1.*

I hope that Ford drops the CV/GM and 500/Montego and replaces them with something like this. Even if the styling isn't everyone's cup of tea, this car is a lot more interesting than any other Ford sedan available now.

There are nicer pictures here -

http://www.leftlanenews.com/2006/12/31/ford-interceptor-concept/#more-4600
    That sounds exactly like what I've been saying Ford needs.

It would sure be easy to make the 2002 Continental Concept out of that.

Dig it.
    What I got from that is that the 427 was the concept that spawned the Fusion. I did not know that. I never would have guessed that. I have a hard time believing that. The 427 was a solid looking muscular car harkening back to the 'good old days'. The Fusion is a mid-size cheap looking parts-bin car made in Mexico.

If that is the genus that any derivative of this concept takes, I doubt we'll see anything better than a rear drive Tempo.

All in all, I've seen some beautiful concepts from Ford and Lincoln (interestingly NONE from Mercury) over the last 6 to 8 years. But can I buy anything like ANY of them at my local dealership? I leave the answer as an exercise.

Lastly, that this concept is described as Fords answer to the Chrysler 300 tells me just how far behind the 8-ball Ford really is. Even if they were to bring out something like this to compete with the 300, it would be so late to the party that the 300 would be at least the 600 by then. Ford has done something similar recently - bringing out a competitor to the '95 Impala SS in like 2002 (Mercury Marauder - which was ill-conceived and poorly done and sold like hot dogs at a vegan convention.)

Here's hoping that 2007 will be a better one for Ford and they actually do build some serious American cars that Americans want to buy. I'm not betting MY stock portfolio on it though.

Oh well, I must add that I just read an article about this n the Detroit News and the last line was "... Ford has no plans to build a production derivative of this vehicle." So what's the point? Well, the good news is at least they wont SCREW IT UP.
    Isn't the run of the 300 about over now? I heard sales were slow and stockpiles of them were really high. Bringing out a 300 beater now is indeed, late to the party. However, it is a good looking car, and sounds like it's got potential to be nice, and fast. Interceptor - no F-word to name it yet??? Too bad... ;)
    ALso in the Detroit News today is an article describing the new Daimler-Chrysler deal with the Chines car maker 'Chery' to build small cars for DCX to be sold worldwide, which of course still includes the US.
    UAW? You reading this? Thanks for your years of helping to drag down this industry by making $40/hour for mis-tightening screws. Ford execs - thanks for years of trying to screw the workers and line your pockets with untol bonuses for doing squat. Wall St - thanks for decades of quarteritis and helping to tie the hands of engineers trying to build a decent car. Bean counters - way to go - where is all the money you saved now that you cant sell the cars you've helped cheapen?
    Oh, but the good news is also in the Detroit news - Ford is teaming up with microsoft - the monopolistic liars from Seattle to ... I dunno just what the hell would usoft have to do with a car anyway? Will we have to boot windows to drive our Fords of the future? Where will the blue screen show up?
    Is anyone concerned that the same catch phrase that Ford is using for their future plans (The Way Forward) has been adopted by Washington in discussing the future of Iraq?
  • What an awesone design! The Interceptor is better than the 427 was. Maybe Ford is actually scared enough by their own past inertia and caution to actually produce something like this.

It's a lot larger car than the MKR, but that's fine. It has architecture that Lincoln could use to make its own larger car. And I can see now that Ford designers know how to get Ford heritage into a super shape that is not at all retro like the 427 and Continental. Maybe the MKR and Interceptor will only be "what could have beens" but now there is at least a bit of hope.
    I dunno just what the hell would usoft have to do with a car anyway? Will we have to boot windows to drive our Fords of the future? Where will the blue screen show up?

For one, every time you select a function, there will be a pop up on your Navigations sreen asking you, "Are you sure?" and you'll have to click ok. :cry:
    The interceptor reminds me of my Dad's 1969 Galaxie 500 from the rear - which was a timeless design in elegance if you ask me. That whole car was a thing of beauty, and took a lot of sales from Chevy that year...
    Ha. No actually you'll have to pull over, put the car in park, step on the brake and then select OK.