Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is a Feature?

Comments

• rockyleerockylee Wyoming, MichiganPosts: 13,989
    How long do you guys think it will be before we have cars that drive themselves ? I am amazed how far we've came along. Lexus has the LS and it parks itself with little human intervention. :surprise:

I suppose people like rorr, would beable to relax on long trips to the mountains. ;)

Rocky
  • fintailfintail Posts: 34,742
    If there's any car in the world that would take the "driving" out of driving, it's Lexus.
    Lexus, drives just like a Mercedes I was told by a few so called car-buffs. :confuse:

Rocky
  • rorrrorr Posts: 3,630
    No car of mine will drive itself. I like driving too much. One of the biggest attractions for me to go to the mountains is that it is FURTHER than the beach; hence, more driving. ;)

Maybe that's why I'm not a big fan of gadgets; I neither need nor want all that stuff to dilute the experience of driving. I even prefer the pedal/steering feel of manual brakes/steering over PB/PS. Yes, I'm that archaic. :blush:

Nope, the driving dynamics between Lexus and MB are very different.
    I wonder if they've ever driven or ridden in either or both cars.

MBs can be bland, but Lexus takes the cake. Most are 4 wheeled iso-tanks...great if that's what one wants, but many don't, which is why Lexus doesn't rule the luxo roost.
    Well in sales they do don't they fintail ?

I agree a Mercedes is a drivers bank vault. I'd love to own one because nothing else offers that solid feel like a MB. ;)

Rocky
    American sales anyway...

I am sure Lexus feels pretty solid too...just hard to look at and boring to drive.
    LOL, Both are nice vehicles in my eyes. Mercedes OTOH, is a rich mans ride that says "I've made it". I still think it says that better than Lexus.

Rocky
    I think most of the world agrees, hence sales patterns. You can spend hours in London, Paris, Berlin, etc and never see a Lecus. I don't know how many LS they could sell at S-class prices.
    Well we will find out soon since the LS 600h L will be around $94K :surprise:

Rocky
    I am sure availability will be low enough to sell them all. That's just normal S550 money mind you. Something in S600/S55/S65 money would be more amusing. My local MB lot has 2 leftover S65s sitting around, stickering just under 180K apiece. I wonder if there are any leftover LS sitting around.
    Only $180K, hell you need to buy both you and I one. ;)

Rocky
    Multimedia: Chrysler Introduces "MyGig" Onboard Hard Drive

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=116926

RORR, I need one of these !!!!! :blush:

Rocky
    Looks neat, but then I noticed this....

"However, you can't copy directly from an iPod."

All I can say is.....great idea, poor execution.
    That is very true.... Hopefully GM will address that issue since they will probably get a Delphi unit instead of a JCI unit.

Rocky
    Wake up son, we already discussed this over in the 'Gadgetology' thread..... :P

Kind of a waste of effort since most of my drinks are in insulated cups/mugs.....
    Well look at it this way pal, you could get those Coffee tea bags and brew ya a cup in your holder and save yourself time and money :P

Now that is a useable feature. ;) :P

Rocky
    "Well look at it this way pal, you could get those Coffee tea bags and brew ya a cup in your holder...."

Heck, I'll just wait for the redesigned '10 Dodge Rams to hit the lots. Maybe they'll go ahead and include a kitchen sink...

Why not? All you'd need would be an auxiliary water tank and a drain. You could even plumb it through a little water heater in the engine compartment to have H&C running water....

oh lord, I HOPE I haven't just inspired some Detroit designer somewhere....
    ROTFFLMAO aggggggggggghhhhhh hahahahaha :D WOW !!! That takes the cake for gadgetology. I agree the next Ram Mega Cab will probably include a "Sleeper". :D

Rocky
    Mega Cab?

By then, we'll be talking about Giga Cabs......
    ROTF !!!! I'd hate to park that sucker :surprise:

Rocky
    Can anyone explain to me what
    BMW's "Brake Fade Compensation circuitry" is on the X3 ???? Like how it works and does ? As a Gadgetologist, working on his PhD, I need to learn this one. :P

Rocky
    "BMW's "Brake Fade Compensation circuitry" is on the X3 ????"

I have NO idea.....but I know that sometimes I need "Brain Fade Compensation circuitry"..... :sick:
    rorr, you having a rough day pal ? I hope you get a feelin' better. :)

Rocky
    Sales of video, navigation systems to reach $1.1B

http://www.detroitnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061004/AUTO01/610040413/- - - - 1148

RORR, now this is the "ultimate feature" pal. ;) :D I defintely need this unit pal !!!! :shades:

All I need now is a 2007' Cadillac Escalade ESV "Platinum Edition" hybrid to make the expierence absolute complete. :blush:

Rocky
  • re...no copying from the iPod to the hard drive...
    That is a Digital Rights Management (DRM) issue. Our friends at the RIAA (the people who are suing old ladies for downloading off limewire) want to make sure no one is violating the contract they agree to when opening a CD, or when downloading music via a legitimate source on the internet (iTunes music store, etc).
    Why do you want to copy all your music to your car if you have it with you on your iPod anyway?
  • corvettecorvette United StatesPosts: 4,287
    You can copy from an iPod to a computer, just not through iTunes.
  • corvettecorvette United StatesPosts: 4,287
    It seems to me that a lot of the things that set a car apart aren't listed as features. Triple turn signal activation on European cars (BMW, Volvo, Audi, and MB offer this--I'm not sure if any others do). Bulb failure warnings are another thing that is not usually listed as a feature.

Auto up/down windows usually are listed on the features list. Grip-style door handles (as opposed to nail-breaker door handles) usually aren't listed as a feature.
    Engineers, executives converge for the latest electronic, mechanical gadgets at Cobo Center.

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061017/AUTO01/610170377/1148- /AUTO01

rorr, here's some more goodies for me pal. :D

Rocky
This discussion has been closed.
What is a Feature? - Page 4 - Car Forums at Edmunds.com