Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is a Feature?

Comments

• imidazol97imidazol97 Crossroads of America: I70 & I75Posts: 18,054
    I was being careful not to say Toyota said that, just the salesman. Agree, some salesmen have their chutzpah.

I bump our folding mirrors walking between the two cars in the garage and they make bump away. Now that's another good feature.
  • imidazol97imidazol97 Crossroads of America: I70 & I75Posts: 18,054
    I can just hear Mercedes' ad about power folding mirrors that pull in when they sense an impending crash to protect the mirrors and protect other persons involve in the crash. They'll probably have multiple rates of pull in to match the type of crash the vehicle senses. Grin.
  • rockyleerockylee Posts: 14,011
    ROTFLMAO :D. The mirrors will also feture a deployable airbag bubble for the car, laser for taking out road hazards. :)

Rocky
  • nippononlynippononly SF Bay AreaPosts: 12,687
    power folding mirrors may be a bit much to hope for in a midsize passenger car, just yet. It's mainly a large-truck thing - they need it more, because often they just barely fit where you are trying to park them, making frequent folding-in of the mirrors mandatory.

But having read the recent posts, I guess Mercedes is including them in their sedans now? So I suppose it is just a matter of time. Personally, there are other features I would like to see in Camrys before they put in power folding mirrors.

One "feature" that went missing from the last gen Camry to the current one, is a full-size spare. With the last model, they trumpeted the full-size spare in advertising and on the Monroney sticker. I guess nobody cared, because with the current model they quietly went back to the temp spare on all trims. :surprise:

2013 Civic SI, 2009 Outback Sport 5-spd (stick)

That's interesting. BMW makes you own run flats to avoid a spare. So I'd rather have a donut tire, then a run-flats from what I'm hearing and reading.

Rocky

I like the auto closing doors on Benz's ;)
    Now THAT'S a feature I would pay NOT to have. People ride in your car, don't know about that feature, slam the doors, and break it. Passengers can be hard on your car in lots of ways.

Are you sure one can't shut the doors hard. I thought it was just a sensor that sensed the door being adjar and secures it. I must be wrong ?

Rocky
    No no, I am probably wrong. You are probably right. They should have designed the thing with door-slamming in mind. At least, let's hope! :-P

I was remember the Cadillacs back in the day with the power trunk closers. You get a friend that doesn't know about it and slams the trunk, and the mechanism wasn't too hard to break. I had a friend whose dad had one, and he would always say you have to keep your friends out of your trunk!

My co-workers have broken a few Caddy trunks doing searches. ;)

Rocky
  • xrunner2xrunner2 Posts: 3,062
    Maybe as option in 1925 or before, but I remember from my youth (1960s) when used cars ads still used the term "R&H" to mean radio and heater.

And also, WW for tires. "R, H & WW".
    How long do you guys think it will be before we have cars that drive themselves ? I am amazed how far we've came along. Lexus has the LS and it parks itself with little human intervention. :surprise:

I suppose people like rorr, would beable to relax on long trips to the mountains. ;)

Rocky
  • fintailfintail Posts: 33,515
    If there's any car in the world that would take the "driving" out of driving, it's Lexus.
    Lexus, drives just like a Mercedes I was told by a few so called car-buffs. :confuse:

Rocky
  • rorrrorr Posts: 3,630
    No car of mine will drive itself. I like driving too much. One of the biggest attractions for me to go to the mountains is that it is FURTHER than the beach; hence, more driving. ;)

Maybe that's why I'm not a big fan of gadgets; I neither need nor want all that stuff to dilute the experience of driving. I even prefer the pedal/steering feel of manual brakes/steering over PB/PS. Yes, I'm that archaic. :blush:

Nope, the driving dynamics between Lexus and MB are very different.
    I wonder if they've ever driven or ridden in either or both cars.

MBs can be bland, but Lexus takes the cake. Most are 4 wheeled iso-tanks...great if that's what one wants, but many don't, which is why Lexus doesn't rule the luxo roost.
    Well in sales they do don't they fintail ?

I agree a Mercedes is a drivers bank vault. I'd love to own one because nothing else offers that solid feel like a MB. ;)

Rocky
    American sales anyway...

I am sure Lexus feels pretty solid too...just hard to look at and boring to drive.
    LOL, Both are nice vehicles in my eyes. Mercedes OTOH, is a rich mans ride that says "I've made it". I still think it says that better than Lexus.

Rocky
    I think most of the world agrees, hence sales patterns. You can spend hours in London, Paris, Berlin, etc and never see a Lecus. I don't know how many LS they could sell at S-class prices.
    Well we will find out soon since the LS 600h L will be around $94K :surprise:

Rocky
This discussion has been closed.