Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is a Feature?

1234568»

Comments

• john_324john_324 Posts: 974
    I believe the Prius also comes with a proximity key.
  • lilengineerboylilengineerboy Posts: 4,116
    It does with the technology package, but so many cars offer a proximity key now that the novelty has worn off. It was fun to watch my MIL, used to the proximity key in her Prius, struggle with why the door didn't unlock for her on an early 90s Honda, and also that the car wasn't going to do much without the key in the ignition.
    "New Technology" doesn't stay new very long.
  • the_big_althe_big_al Posts: 1,068
    Will we ever get to the days (or back to the days) when you could take a car - any car, truck, SUV, anything and get what ever "feature" you wanted with out getting stuff you didn't want... When you could walk in and say I want a Mustang and I want to order it with the 4.6 GT motor with a manual tranny, but I don't want or need stuff like power windows, door locks (adds wieght and more things to wear out and break), or radio (since I plan on adding my own aftermarket system). Give me vinyl flooring and cloth seats, A/C since I live in the desert and also a sunroof, but I don't want a useless spoiler on the back and pointless foglights...

Or how about my Colorado truck that I want in a Z71 body style 2WD (finally can get that), in a Crew Cab and with a manual transmission and the 3.5 liter. I would like the sunroof, but cloth seats (they are cooler). Power windows and locks are fine (with 4 doors not reachable from the drivers seat I would want this over the safty of knowing the manual can always be rolled down....

Or any number of vehicles that I would like to customize to my liking but they have to be paired with other options, or sometimes, you can have one option but not the other....
1234568»
This discussion has been closed.