Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Chevrolet Equinox Lease Questions

Comments

• Hi mdr4. Ally's January base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Equinox LTZ AWD with 15,000 miles per year are 1.58% and 58%.

There is a paltry $150 cash incentive on leases of this truck through Ally. It's better than nothing.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • equinoxgequinoxg Posts: 4
    edited February 2013
    Hi Carman,
    can you please give me the money factor and residual on a 2013 Equinox 4 cylinder, FWD 1LT. 36 months, 12,000 miles? I am in GA.
    Thanks!
  • I think this is a great deal. Can you share if you have any trade-in, your cap cost? Where is the dealer? Thanks.
  • dylrexdylrex Posts: 57
    Hi Car_man.
    Can you please provide February's base lease rate and residual value for a 36 and 39-month lease of a 2013 Equinox LS FWD with 12k per year?
    Thank you!!

Tim
  • Here's the information that you're looking for equinoxg. Ally's February base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Equinox 4-cylinder FWD with 12,000 miles per year are 1.58% and 60%.

There is a $150 cash incentive on leases of this truck through Ally right now. It's not much, but I guess that it's better than nothing.

Car_man
    Host
  • I just put money down for the dealer to locate an Equinox lt1 awd. Its a 0 drive off. Now I've seen that sometimes there's a $395 lease end fee. Does gm usually charge this fee. Honda and Ford never did.
  • Also the dealer claimed that my $1000 gm earnings don't apply $1 for $1 on a lease. So they knocked $15 off the rate. On as 39 month lease shouldn't it be a little over $25 off per month?
  • closing in on a 2013 equinox LT1. $27200 msrp , zero otd, 10k/yr mileage, 36 mos lease $249 tax included.

trading in 2010 Corolla LE - 5 payments left on a TMCC lease, $11500 payoff
  • Hi jpjanko. Ally runs its leases through a number of different banks. Ally does not charge a disposition aka termination fee on leases.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hey jpjanko. Your GM Card earnings would be used to lower the selling price or capitalized cost of the vehicle that you want to lease. The exact impact upon your payment will depend upon what the other aspects of your lease are. It's not just as simple as dividing $1,000 by 39.

Car_man
    Host
  • Ok thanks For the info. The dealer ended up giving another $10/mon off. So they basically gave $25/month off. Also they confirmed no lease end fee.
  • buster6buster6 Posts: 104
    edited February 2013
    I wanted to say a big thank you to Car_Man for helping me with several different vehicles this month. I decided on an Equinox and got the following deal.

LTZ V6 with nav, moon roof and chrome wheels

MSRP = $36,100

belonging to a credit union I got the supplier price of $34,803.73

It also capped my doc fee to $75.00 and credited my first months payment

2 year lease -12k per year = 72% residual and 3.75 apr

Rebates total $3918.44 and included

$2,000 gm card top off (expires tomorrow)
    $1,000 lease conquest
    $600 lease cash
    $318.44 first payment waiver (part of belonging to a credit union)

all of the above was reduced directly from the cap cost to make the adjusted cap cost

I paid $1400 up front to include all doc, license plate, lease acc fee and first payment

adjusted cap cost was $30869.10

23 additional payments of $291.34 plus $37.10 tax totals $318.44

lease end value is $26,020

I also traded my old leased vehicle in and received a generous allowance for it (but kept is all in a separate part of the transaction).

I feel like a low 300 payment for a $36,000 2 year lease was very fair and love the truck so far.

GM Financial is the leasing company

Gm has also done away will all termination charges (the 2500 early fee and disposition fees).

there was a 3 year option with a much lower interest rate, but the monthly payment was only about 20.00 lower with that so I opted for a 2 year deal. Hope this helps someone out there with their deal.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    You're welcome jpjanko. I'm glad that I was able to help you out. Enjoy your new Equinox.

Car_man
    Host
    You're very welcome buster6. Thanks for stopping back to let us know how everything turned out. Wow, it sounds like you got a great deal. $300 per month on 2-year lease of an Equinox is pretty darn attractive. Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
  • go2snogo2sno Posts: 3
    Carman,

Thanks for the info on the Lacrosse. My wife is also interested in the Equinox LTZ so I am trying to run some numbers on that as well. Same paramaters 36 mos. 15,000 miles.
    Rate & Residual? Any incentives? We are in Mid-Michigan 48603.
  • greg_nygreg_ny Posts: 8
    edited March 2013
    Seems like you know a lot on the subject and maybe can help me.
    I'm looking to get 36 months lease from my local (NYC) GM dealer on 6 cyl. 2013 Equinox 1LT
    MSRP $27500 10 or 12K/year
    Can you provide money factor & residual ?
    You're welcome go2sno. Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ AWD with 15,000 miles per year are 2.14% and 58%.

General Motors is currently providing a $925 cash incentive on 36-month leases of this truck. It's waiving the first monthly payment as well.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks greg_ny. The numbers are the same for all Equinox trim levels. Please see my previous post for the information that you're looking for.

The residual values for a lease with 12,000 miles per year are 2% higher. The 10k residuals are 3% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • greg_nygreg_ny Posts: 8
    thanks car_man
  • go2snogo2sno Posts: 3
    Thanks Car_man this is extremely helpful. I have two final questions.

1. I'm eligible for GM employee discount pricing (my father is a retiree) so it appears that I may be eligible for the $1,000 EVA. Would the $1,000 be in lieu of the $925 cash incentive from Ally or in addition to it?

2. Also there is $500 fuel economy bonus cash available. Does that apply only to a buy or would it be applicable on the 36/15,000 lease to reduce cap cost?
  • I have the same questions as go2sno - in addition there is also a $1000 for competitive lease. Does this mean that all of these discounts are applicable or can only certain once that can be used simultaneously?

500 fuel economy cash
    1000 current lease bonus cash (lease expiring with Honda)
    1000 GM Family discount (part of the family)
    950 GM/Ally lease cash
    2950 total cash???
    You're very welcome greg_ny.

Car_man
    Host
    No problem go2sno. You should be eligible for the special pricing and incentives that the retiree pricing plan entitles you to plus the normal consumer incentives for this model.

I think that the $500 bonus cash is available on Equinox models that are paid for with cash, financed using a conventional loan through Ally or financed through an independent bank. I do not think that it is available on leases.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi hondarider2. If I am not mistaken, you should be able to combine all of those incentives except for the $500. You definitely should ask the dealer to make certain, but I don't think that the $500 is available on leases.

Car_man
    Host
  • Wanted to get opinions on this deal:

Equinox 2LT
    MSRP - $29,765
    36 months/10k miles
    Paying final 2 payments on current lease
    Zero down - all rolled in
    $320/month including tax/title...

Thanks!
  • nick237nick237 Posts: 2
    Car man,

I have used your notes for my past 2 leases, and I want to thank you. I have not seen an exact match for what I am looking for, so I wanted to get your input.

Cincinnati Ohio
    36 Month Lease
    15,000 Miles/yr
    LS 1, fwd, 4 cyl, MSRP $25,015

We are eligible for the Competitive Lease ($1000), and College ($?)

Would you please help me with APR/MF, and Residual? Where do you think I should end up pre-tax payments?

Thanks!!

Nick237
  • nick237nick237 Posts: 2
    Car man- this is what I was offered so far, what do you think?

LS base 4cyl Fwd
    35 payments $231 Month all in
    Nothing down
    Hi nick237. It would be easier for me to evaluate this deal if you were able to provide me with this car's MSRP and selling price. Do you have that information?

Car_man
    Host
  • CarMan,

Do you know the current ally lease rates for a 2013 chevy equinox 2LT AWD for 39 months and 15K miles/year?

Thanks!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,788
    I'm sorry... we don't have any Chevy lease numbers..

regards,
    kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

This discussion has been closed.