Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honda Fit Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• ""I did like the Ford's MPG better and the built quality was superior to the Honda"""

Maybe so, but in 100,000 miles the Honda will be a sure thing- and the Ford will be anything but. Congrats on making the right decision !
  • kagedudekagedude Posts: 407
    edited November 2010
    I'm also leaning towards getting a Fit again after my '07 Honda Sport 5speed manual sold for $7k and it has 115k miles. The best part is the car still drives like new.

Now, imagine what the resale value of the Ford Fiesta 4 1/2 years from now and 115k miles later?

If I stick to the plan, I can buy 3 Fits and the 4th one is free. ;)
  • """ I can buy 3 Fits and the 4th one is free."""

I like the way you think ! :shades: I wish this was true though because I'm on my 5th Honda since 2004.

I'm working my way through the entire Honda line up, having owned 3 Accord's, a FIT for a short time, and now a 2011 CR-Z. My Mom is on her 3rd Accord and my Dad has a Ridgeline.

The 2012 Civic SI coupe may be my next Honda - or perhaps the Civic hybrid since it's projected fuel economy for the 2012 hybrid model is 50MPG.

Anyhow - I'm glad you had such great luck with your FIT, although since it's a Honda I wouldn't call it luck ;)
  • plektoplekto Posts: 3,733
    ""I did like the Ford's MPG better and the built quality was superior to the Honda"""

Maybe so, but in 100,000 miles the Honda will be a sure thing- and the Ford will be anything but. Congrats on making the right decision !

My Crown Vic has 140K and 12 years on it and still runs better than a new Civic. Not *everything* domestic is junk.
  • sandman_6472sandman_6472 Coral Springs, FLPosts: 2,626
    "Still runs better" which is strictly "your opinion" correct? Just because someone says something doesn't make it correct. What facts is this based on? Am very curious to hear which one it is!

The Sandman :sick: :shades:

2014 Hyundai Tuscon SE/2005 Mazda 3s/2008 Hyundai Accent GLS/2009 Nissan Versa SL hatch

• plektoplekto Posts: 3,733
    Um.. Better ride, better, smoother engine, loads more power... Now, true, this is a full size car against a small economy car, but like I said, some domestic vehicles age very well and are not junk. oh - and the only thing that has stopped working is the cruise control.($40 fix but since I never use it...)
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,671
    Fit pricing...

Let's stick to it!

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• I just bought a 2010 Fit Sport at Jim Coleman Honda in Clarksville, MD for 17,400 OTD. I should have stuck to my 17,200, i think. But I still think its a decent deal. Thanks Wefit for your post! It helped me a lot.
  • Hi Wefit,
    Thanks for your post it helped me a lot. I started at 17,200 but then went up to 17,400 OTD to end the haggling. Do you still think its a good deal? Did you buy their President's club package?
    Thanks!
  • wefitwefit Posts: 7
    Hey ksmiles75,

Thanks for the rep. I think your deal is good, but do verify your contract to see if you are actually being billed for the right amount. When I was about to sign my paperwork, I spotted some shady practice where they added 750 addition our closed amount. I pointed that out and they quickly reworked the contract.

If you were able to get them to throw in some floor mats or trunk cover, then I'd say your deal was great!

All sales staff walked off angrily as I didn't purchase anything extra. A cheap subcompact car like the Fit is probably not worth buying extra packages for anyway...

What model year did you get?
  • I have offers for the base Fit and the Fit Sport, as follows:

Base model:
    $15,818 (includes the addition of the center armrest and keyless entry)
    $1851 (TTL, incl. S.F., CA sales tax of 9.5%)
    = $17,669 OTD

Fit Sport:
    $17,068
    $1983 (TTL)
    = $19,051 OTD

Seems higher than other people have been posting, but the sales tax out here is probably higher than anywhere else in the country.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
    d
  • sandman_6472sandman_6472 Coral Springs, FLPosts: 2,626
    Are you kidding me...for a Fit Sport? Jeez-Louise, they must be smoking crack or something at that dealership. There are so many better choices out there for that kinda $. It's a really small car and the seats hurt my spine terribly so I never considered it. My kid chose the Versa SL hatch over it for the superior ride & more inline price. Also the dash felt cheap compared to my '06 Civic as well as cramped behind the wheel. One could get a Civic LX-S for that same $ with change left over. True it's a larger, heavier car without the versatility of a hatchback, but that amount of $ leaves me speechless.

Good luck if you do purchase one, but please try to get the price down!

The Sandman :sick: :shades:

2014 Hyundai Tuscon SE/2005 Mazda 3s/2008 Hyundai Accent GLS/2009 Nissan Versa SL hatch

• I highly recommend DCH Academy Honda - the quote I've got from them via e-mail was the lowest (about $200 below invoice) and their document fee is one of the lowest amonth the dealerships I've contacted.
    Unlike other sales people, Stephanie (internet manager) from DCH Academy Honda offered very low price up front and e-mailed full quote including all fees.

Other recommended dealerships:

Dealerships to avoid:
    1) Planet Honda - they refuse to give full quote over the phone (provide base price, but won't tell you what their document fee is and what other fees they will charge.

2) Open Road Honda - very high document fee ($398)
  • I got a quote from a dealer.
    OTD Price is: $18371.38
    - Internet quote: $15905
    - destination charge: $750
    - documentation fee: $154.38
    - tax: $1343 (7.5%)
    - license/title: $149

This price seems a little higher comparing to what other posters paid for their FIT sport.
    After I read the posts here, I found that most people didn't get charged for destination and doc fee. I was wondering if the quote I got is a good price and any way to get rid of that destination and doc fees?

I want to buy the car before end of this month. Your prompt feedback is very appreciated.

Thanks!!
  • Hi All,

Just received an email from ZAG that the Honda Dealership in Riverside is clearing their remaining inventory of 2010 Fit Sport 5 speed manuals: "Honda Fit $2,000 below invoice including incentives... Your price drop may be due to the introduction or increase of manufacturer incentives, which are subject to change and/or expiration.".

Don't know if this applies to the other Fit models but, when I went to the ZAG website, it indicates it does and shows the dealership as the lowest priced in the country for the Fit.

Hope this can help someone out on this forum... if it does let us know and good luck.
  • i live in wa state and got a quick quote of 17,200 +tax, licensing with very minimal haggling. how low do you guys think i can get it for. there is also a 500 factory rebate and .9% (can also get .0). help please
  • single_digitsingle_digit Posts: 4
    edited January 2011
    I just bought an '09 Fit Sport AT private party for $13k (which I feel is a pretty good deal considering the 27,000 miles). Anyway, after the sale he remembered he had the Honda Care ext warranty and offered to let me buy the remainder of his warranty. Does $700 plus the $50 transfer fee sound reasonable to you (assuming 8yr, 120k miles)? I did a bit of research and it seems like this might be a bit high, but I wanted opinions. I've read over the H.C. policy and I get the arguments that Ext Warranties on Hondas are silly due to their reliability. One thing I am considering though is that the '09 was the first year of the new body style and that can some times mean kinks to work out...
  • woodywwwoodyww Posts: 1,797
    after the sale he remembered he had the Honda Care ext warranty and offered to let me buy the remainder of his warranty. Does $700 plus the $50 transfer fee sound reasonable to you (assuming 8yr, 120k miles)?

AFTER the sale, he remembered he had the Honda Care ext warranty? My guess, he just didn't want to include it, & he can get back some or much of what he paid if he cancels.

Anyway, $750 for an ext warranty on a $13K car? That's 17.33% of your purchase price. Personally, I'd keep the $750 to put towards maintenence like oil changes, brakes, etc........
  • You're off on the math. $750 on a $13,000 purchase is only 5.8%.