Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honda Fit Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• badselfbadself Posts: 39
    It would be foolish to pay over MSRP for this vehicle. Nearly every dealer I spoke to in Maryland wants MSRP, and if you look hard enough you will find a dealer in your area willing to do the same. My God, with nav/vsa, this thing lists for $19,430, add $2-5K to that, and any economic benefit to this vehicle will be left at the dealership in the form of needless to pay markup. However, if that's the road you wish to take (or in fact, your area prices so much differently than the rest of the nation, then I wish you well in your purchase.

The only vehicle I would purchase over MSRP these days is the upcoming Nissan GT-R, and only because of the potential for turning it over at a handsome profit.
  • Thanks for your comment. I agree completely and don't intend to pay such a mark-up, but I thought people might like to know what is going on here in the northwest. In a few months, after the greed has been satisfied, I will probably buy one @ MSRP.
  • I am looking for 2009 fit and if there is one, please let me know the details at daisonj@gmail.com
  • Just a quick update: According to Honda, our 2009 Honda Fits were loaded on to a train this morning. They are heading out from Portland and we expect them this week.
  • Our first 2009 Honda Fit Sport A/T just arrived. Blue Sensation!!! Man this thing is cool looking :)
  • backybacky Twin CitiesPosts: 18,727
    Can you verify if the Blue Sensation is anything like Vivid Blue Pearl? Thanks.
  • they look the same to me.
    They did to me also, in photos, but nothing like seeing it first hand.
  • kenbtkenbt Posts: 33
    What is the MSRP on this car?

I know invoice and below can be had here in Southern California.

Do you think invoice or below will also be possible for the 2009 Fit Sport Automatic?
    I wish you luck getting invoice or below on an '09 Fit, you'd be lucky to get $500 off MSRP. Most dealers here in Maryland want MSRP, and if you're introducing a trade into the deal, they lowball you so bad on that you may as well be looking at $2k over MSRP when the deal is done.
  • jacksan1jacksan1 Posts: 504
    For this car, esp. the '09, you will pay MSRP, if not more. No invoice, no discount off MSRP. If you don't take one because you don't like the price, there will be another person right behind you who will.
  • What is the MSRP on this car?

I know invoice and below can be had here in Southern California.

Do you think invoice or below will also be possible for the 2009 Fit Sport Automatic?

If you know where to get these cars for invoice and under, before most dealerships even get them into the inventory, why are you asking about the MSRP? :confuse:
    If you know you can have this car for less than invoice, and where to get, who cares about MSRP? :confuse:
  • The Honda dealer in Lewiston ID sells thiers for MSRP - no questions asked. They pointed out to me that the difference between MSRP and invoice is pretty small on the Hondas already, so they just have a no-haggle policy at MSRP.

My 09 Blackberry Fit Sport AT VSA/NAV is in the pipeline...
  • dv8tordv8tor Posts: 23
    I just had a terrible phone experience with the Internet Sales "Manager" at Honda Santa Ana, CA. Firstly, they don't provide quotes over the phone or email. Yet, they want you to bring in other quotes so they can beat it! I could already tell this guy was going to be selling hard. He just sounded like a shark! He said that their 08 Fits are selling at MSRP and their 09 Fits are above MSRP. I thought they don't quote prices over the phone! Anywho, I told him I got a quote for an 08 at below MSRP. He basically told me in his high-almighty voice, "Go buy it"! Then hung up! Can you believe it! I guess the guy doesn't understand the whole sales cycle. If I don't buy now, I may buy in the future. And if I have a great experience, I will go out of my way to tell my friends, family and anyone else who is looking for a Honda. Just PM me and I'll gladly let you know who I spoke to, although, I think you can easily figure out who it is at that dealership.
  • clynchclynch Posts: 6
    Life is too short to mess around with obnoxious sales people. Spend $50 more down the street and you will feel much better about the whole transaction.
  • Just a perspective from my experience. If a customer calls me and tells me a price that there is no way I can get to I'll first ask, "Do they have the car in-stock or is a car you have to wait a few months for?". If it's an in-stock car I simply tell them it is a great price and hard to pass up and if I could there I would. Followed by something anong the line of, "Congratualtion on that deal, you have out-smarted that dealer. Hopefully you can still service the car here, but it's a Honda so I guess we wont get to see you too often". I try very hard to be a nice as I can be when losing a car deal :)

On the Fit's, we don't mark them up and we don't discount them. To me (and this is just my opinion) why discount a car that someone can turn around and sell for more then what they just paid for it.
    What do you mean by "Hopefully you can still service the car here..."? Why is the "hopefully" needed in that statement? Would your dealership deny service to someone who bought a Honda at another dealership? Why would you even want to imply that is the case? :confuse:
  • pauleyepauleye Posts: 11
    I think he meant "hopefully you will still bring your car in for service here". That's how I read it anyway.
  • clynchclynch Posts: 6
    I think what he meant (and I took it this way) was "sorry we could not meet your expectations on purchasing a new car, but we hope you will use us for your service needs" Remember dealers make "way" more money on service than on sales.
    I hope that is what he meant also. But there is a general misconception out there that you have to have your new car serviced at the dealership where you bought it. I don't know where that perception comes from, but it might come partly from comments from salespeople at dealerships?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,094
    I'm sure he'll be back to clarify his post, at some point.. but, I didn't read it that way at all...

The whole post was geared towards leaving the non-customer with a good feeling, in the hopes that they might be a future customer..

At least.. that's my non-cynical view.. ;)

regards,
    kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

I would rather not assume what someone meant. I would say that is being practical as opposed to cynical. There is a big difference between "can" and "will". I will allow that some people may not know/understand that difference.

I know you have been around Town Hall a long time, so you have probably read posts from buyers who think that they must have their cars serviced at the dealership where they bought the car.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,094
    Well.... so far, I think you are parsing things a little too tightly.. After all, he was giving an example of how he approaches a non-deal, not a play-by-play of an actual customer interaction..

And.. as always.. I'm sure that I'm correct.. lol.. ;)

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• I'd happily pay MSRP for a 2009 Fit at this point -- how likely is that?

I just went to my nearest dealer here in north-central Florida (won't name them now) to put down a $500 deposit for "first right of refusal" (i.e., to get on the waiting list) for the new shipment expected soon. But first I wanted them to tell me what it would cost to walk out the door with the car.

The MSRP + destination fee for the trim level I want is $16,730, which I knew by checking online (for a Sport with manual transmission). This dealer won't sell me a car without adding on both a $500 non-negotiable "dealer fee," plus a $700 package that includes floor mats, wheel locks, and trunk tray. :mad: :sick:

I was ready to even go a bit above MSRP, but $1200?? Ouch! They might come down a couple of hundred, but probably no more. I'm definitely shopping other dealers now. Is anybody else having better luck? If not, I can wait 3-4 months for a car, so I may let the first wave hit the shores and try my luck later at a different dealer, or perhaps I should start looking at different cars...? Fiesta? Matrix/Vibe? I had my heart set on a Fit...
  • Nice way to take it out of contex. For the WHOLE sentance: "Hopefully you can still service the car here, but it's a Honda so I guess we wont get to see you too often."

Meaning, if you live close to me, you dont have to service at the dealer you bought from. Even though you're not a sales customer you're more then welcome as a service customer. Plus you toss in some small humor with the Honda repair records.

Based on the reaction from everyone else, I would say you are the only one backy, who thinks this comment was anything but innocent. When someone says, "I'm so hungry I could eat a cow.", do you tell them that no one could eat a cow?
    No. But I would have said, "Hopefully you will still service the car here,...".

Thanks for clarifying your statement.
  • mquillenmquillen Posts: 71
    I would report him to the dealership owner, or the GM, or whoever signs his paycheck. Sometimes they don't care, sometimes they do. I'm sure someone like mnplshondadlr would like to know if their people are rude and obnoxious to potential customers. It's a small world, and some customers will go back to a dealer if they are treated well, even if they weren't as competitive as they'd hoped.
  • ladyproladypro Posts: 2
    salesman called today, 09 milano red sport auto vsa/nav mats and cargo tray sticker price 19,769
  • rei181rei181 Posts: 1
    I went to the dealer here in Hawaii after seeing a Blue Sensation on the lot. They just got it today. I really liked the color and driving around town it felt just fine. I would have bought it but they wanted $3000 !!!! over the MSRP of $17560. That was strictly the dealer markup because they hadn't had time to add the floor mats, pin stripe and other stuff that they put on every car for an additional $800. The salesman said they don't do any deals on Fits or Civics now but $3000 is ridiculous.
    Sorry, nothing more I can say about that.