Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best Fictional Character Car Spokesperson

Comments

• fintailfintail Posts: 32,917
    I'm trying to think of a good MB spokesperson...too bad most are evil or dead (often both)
  • xrunner2xrunner2 Posts: 3,062
    Dennis and/or Harry Callahan could extoll the virtues of full-size Ford RWD cars. Let's hope that Ford has a big upgrade coming soon for the full-size RWD cars. These guys could relate to most Americans mid-year age right up to golden senior. Ford could probably sign on Dennis, but Harry is too busy and rich to want to help Ford out. Dennis could use his New Yawk accent and talk about how smooth the new big Ford rides, while not being mushy, and how easy it is on his prostrate when driving over city potholes.
  • pernaperna Posts: 533
    The biggest missed opportunity in vehicle advertising was not having Rowan Atkinson, a.k.a. Mr. Bean, pop up in a Mini ad.

Although, they seem to have done well enough without him. :P
  • jesses1jesses1 Posts: 9
    A number of years ago, when there was a British sports sedan called the Sterling (sp?) imported into the US, they had an ad that traced a Sterling being driven over mountain roads with very European scenery. The car screeches to a stop and Patick Macnee who played John Steed in the old Avengers TV show emerges from the vehicle and says, "Perhaps you were expecting someone else?"
  • john_324john_324 Posts: 974
    I loved that ad. Made me want a Sterling (I didn't know much about cars then... :P ) in the worst way.

I think there were 2 of those ads, one that featured a Bond-girl-type in scuba gear I seem to recall...
  • robr2robr2 BostonPosts: 7,601
    Thought I saw a Ford commercial in recent years with a Steve McQueen (Bullit) look-a-like. Would have this guy do the commcercial for this hoped-for latest Bullit version.

Through the magic of CGI, that was Steve McQueen driving the new Mustang in those ads.
  • snakeweaselsnakeweasel a Certified Edmunds Poster.Posts: 11,563
    If I may interject, Mini could use the character of Sam Lowry, he drove a rather small car (a Messerschmitt KR200) in the movie "Brazil".

There are three types of people in this world. Those who are good at math and those who are not.

• w9cww9cw Posts: 888
    The Sterling was essentially a British-built Accura Legend, with an emphasis placed on "British-built."

One of "Mr. Bean's" real cars is a Maclaren F1. 0-60MPH in 3.2 seconds, and a top end of 232MPH.

It uses a BMW V12 with 627HP@7200RPM and 479 lb/ft@5600RPM. I guess Rowan is a major car freak, and can afford the stratospheric prices too.
  • rockyleerockylee Posts: 14,011
    The Tazmanian Devil was pretty good for the Chevy Monte Carlo about 5 years ago. ;)

Rocky
  • lemkolemko Posts: 15,071
    ...but it would be funny to see Al Bundy promoting "the Mighty Dodge!"
    OMG that would be funny lemko. I wished they'd do a reunion show or bring back the characters. Bud and Kelly could have disfunctional family's of their own. Kinda like a meet the parents type plot only more crude. :D

Yeah Ed O'neil would be a good spokesmouth for dodge if done in a humourous fashion. :shades:

Rocky
  • xrunner2xrunner2 Posts: 3,062
    Yeah Ed O'neil would be a good spokesmouth for dodge if done in a humourous fashion.

There is a guy that looks and talks kinda like Bundy doing a commercial on tv. Think it is a loan company. He is member of golf course, shown on rider mower doing lawn, does barbeque, etc. and complains about being in debt up to his eye balls. He would be good spokesperson for bland Ford 500 or Dodge minivan.

Would swear that Married with Children had a live audience. Vast majority of so-called comedies on tv are not, are dreadful and need laugh track recordings to try and make tv audience think that show is funny.

Married was a genuinely funny show - for guys. Wife did not like it, think that many women did not like it.
    Does he keep his right hand in the top of his Dockers ? :D

Rocky
  • michaellmichaell Posts: 4,300
    xrunner2 (totally off topic) -

Yes, "Married, With Children" was filmed live. I attended the filming of an episode back when I still lived in SoCal. Was one of the last episodes that neighbor "Steve" was in.
    Yes, "Married, With Children" was filmed live.

As opposed to being filmed dead?

There are three types of people in this world. Those who are good at math and those who are not.

smart butt ! :P

Rocky :D
  • PFFlyer@EdmundsPFFlyer@Edmunds Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 5,808
    OK... thinking caps on! :P

Which cars would you have the following characters sell?

Cody Jarret (James Cagney) from White Heat, memorable line: Top of the world Ma!

Inspector Harry Callahan, Go ahead... make my day ;)

PFFlyer@Edmunds

Moderator - Hatchbacks & Hybrid Vehicles

I've honestly never heard of any of those names. I have heard of the movie White Heat. :surprise:

What the heck is Top of the World Ma ? Is that a silent film ? :surprise:

Go ahead... make my day - Was that a onstage play back in Wyatt Earp times ? :surprise:

Rocky
    Which cars would you have the following characters sell? Cody Jarret (James Cagney) from White Heat,

Oh anything with air holes in the trunk. :blush:

• PFFlyer@EdmundsPFFlyer@Edmunds Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 5,808
    LOL... OK... so you're OLD too! ;)

Actually, for Dirty Harry I'm kind of thinking of one of the displacement on demand vehicles. He could pull up at a stop light, look over at the driver of the vehicle next to him and say...

I know what you're thinking. Is he running on all 8 cylinders or only four? Are you feeling lucky punk?

PFFlyer@Edmunds

Moderator - Hatchbacks & Hybrid Vehicles

This discussion has been closed.