Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best Fictional Character Car Spokesperson

Comments

• john_324john_324 Posts: 974
    "Which cars would you have the following characters sell?

Cody Jarret (James Cagney) from White Heat, memorable line: Top of the world Ma!

Inspector Harry Callahan, Go ahead... make my day."

Jarret would have a Caddy...something big. Arguably the same model that Tony Montana ("Say hello to my little friend!") would pitch... ;)

Callahan...no question...Ford Crown Vic. Not pretty, but functional and damn tough.
  • snakeweaselsnakeweasel a Certified Edmunds Poster.Posts: 11,680
    Well I am a Cagney fan big time.

How about Wiley E. Coyote for Yugo

The Road Runner for the new Bugatti

Elmer Fudd for whatever Cheney drives.

Speed Racer for Corvette, or better yet racer 'X'.

Matt Dillon for anything Dodge.

Thurston Howell III for Cadillac.

Jack Benny for Chery.

The sign said "No shoes, no shirt, no service", it didn't say anything about no pants.

• lemkolemko Posts: 15,120
    ...Speed Racer in a Nissan 350ZX or a Supra if Toyota still made it. He was in a commercial for the VW GTi a few years ago.

How about Tony Soprano for the Escalade? He drives one in the HBO show. Silvio Dante has a Seville STS and Paulie Walnuts is alternately seen in an Eldorado and a DeVille. Phil Leotardo has a very tacky Lincoln Town Car. Tony B. was seen in a big 1975-76 Eldorado convertible.
  • robr2robr2 BostonPosts: 7,740
    Elmer Fudd for whatever Cheney drives.

:D

"I'm hunting wabbit."
  • xrunner2xrunner2 Posts: 3,062
    Was one of the last episodes that neighbor "Steve" was in.

Was that Marcy's first or second husband? Every character and casted actor, including dog, was excellent. Writing was superb. Think they started running out of steam in last year. Wonder if anybody is selling DVD sets by year.

To keep this message on-topic, think that Marcy Darcy could do Mercedes commercials. Kelly could do Mustang convertible (with white interior) commercials. Thunderbird would be better, but not in production now.
  • fintailfintail Posts: 33,505
    Yep, you can get the show in season DVDs now.

And it was a fantastic show, it still just cracks me up.

I think Steve Rhodes had a MB named 'Klaus' - I am pretty sure I remember something about 3 series BMWs, and by the time Jefferson D'Arcy was around, they might have had a MB SL.

In an early episode, Peggy has her own car - a Pinto. There was an episode with the Bundys and a new ca. 1988 Mustang convert, too.

I remember Kelly doing an ad for the Allante.
  • kdhspyderkdhspyder Posts: 7,160
    suddenly appears in a remake of 'The Guantlet' ... in a Hummer and everyone scatters.
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 5,854
    How about Dr Evil doing a counter-ad to the VW "depimp your ride" ads where he crushes VW's :P

Need help navigating? pf_flyer@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

How about Sanford and Son doing ads for Ford Trucks?

The sign said "No shoes, no shirt, no service", it didn't say anything about no pants.

• xrunner2xrunner2 Posts: 3,062
    Any James Bond villain who owned large yacht and had good accent. He would appreciate the finer things.

For real people, Jay Leno or Michael Jordan would be fantastic spokespersons for Bugatti. Both could afford and like cars.

But, Bugatti really doesn't need hyping. There are people lined up to get one and Bugatti is supposedly (according to WSJ) very choosy about who they will "let" buy the car. Has to be a car guy (person).
  • rockyleerockylee Posts: 14,011
    OMG fintail they need to get a life. :D

Rocky
  • rockyleerockylee Posts: 14,011
    Steve Was Marcy's first hubby. ;)

Rocky
  • odie6lodie6l Hershey, PaPosts: 1,078
    Spongebob is the first choice I could see for this car.

http://www.terrawind.com/spyder.htm

All I can say I would love to have it.

Odie
  • john_324john_324 Posts: 974
    Wow...now that's an odd vehicle. Seems to have Mustang underpinings (the door interiors give it away).

Reminds me that if I ever get totally, frivilously rich, I'm buying a hovercraft... :)
    I was watching that stupid VW commercial about unpimping your car and thought that Col. Klink and Sgt. Schultz would be good for that.

I was watching that stupid VW commercial about unpimping your car and thought that Col. Klink and Sgt. Schultz would be good for that.

I don't think either one of them could pull off wearing the short white skirt.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,650
    LOL!!

I like the commercials.. That guy played on Julia Louis-Dreyfus' last show... Can't remember what it was called.. He is hilarious..

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 5,854
    Those could be funny with Col. Klink and Sgt. Schultz. The Col. could umpimp the ride and then when the confused owners wonders what happened, Schultz could respond...

I know NOTHING! :P

Need help navigating? pf_flyer@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

His name is Peter Stormare - He was in Fargo as well as about 60 other projects according to IMDB.

"V Dub in da house"
This discussion has been closed.