Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hyundai Azera Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• snaglepussnaglepus Posts: 160
    :)

Who will take your car to the Chevy dealership, you or your Hyundai dealer?

Instruct whoever that you insist that the tech who is the system operator
    list the "Road Force' number readings for each individual wheel.
    This is the key to whether or not your problem will be corrected.
    These road force reading must be below a certain number of pounds, the
    lower the better.
    I have read that this reading must be 15 pounds or less.

I wish you would take the time to read up on the Hunter site as to
    what happens or needs to happen when this system is used.
    Again, those road force readings must be below a certain number
    of pounds
    or the point of the whole proceedure is for nothing.
    When they find the bad wheel or wheels, what did the tech
    do to correct the problem, and above all else, was it fixed?
    In many cases, it has been reported that no matter what the tech tried, there was
    no way to correct the problem without those bad Michelins being replaced.
    Yes, bad tires, and Michelin does know about this and Michelin
    is replacing those tires that were evidently from a bad batch. :surprise:

Good luck.

:D
  • jack_spratjack_sprat Posts: 29
    Could people post what they are paying for 2009 Azera models

Model - 3.3 or 3.8

Price before TTL and trade in.

So did you in fact keep your appointment and take it in to the Cheby dealer and
    did they, using their Hunter GSP9700 balancing system, correct your problem? :confuse:

• revjrevj Posts: 5
    Hey, thanks for asking. They did the road force balanceat the Chevy dealership. I wish I could say it fixed it, but there are still a couple of speeds where the car feels "jittery". I wish I could explain it better.

For contrast, I drove my 2002 Stratus R/T (not known for a smooth ride) and our 2001 Town and Country Van. The Azera is smoother, except for a couple of speeds where it just seems to be uneasy. It seems I read somewhere that it might be an issue where the Tranny bolts to the engine. Whatever it is, it is still there.

I have no idea as to what to do next. Any advice would be appreciated.
  • begovich1begovich1 Posts: 4
    Just purchased a 2008 azera limited with the ultimate nav pkg. Have read a lot of info about front end problems. My azera was built on 12/21/07. This appears to have some significance as to the struts, and also ride characteristics. Just purchased rubber mats in a beautiful gray (weathertech) and had the windows tinted for the HOT FLORIDA sun. It looks great. I only have 300 miles on it. Great ride so far. Would appreciate any tips on what problems , if any, that I should beware of. Thanks in advance for any info.

Congratulations.

Since your new 2008 Azera is what I would call a late 2008, you have got the latest shocks,
    front part number 54611-3L640 which evidently were installed beginning 10/20/07.

No one I know of has been 5K miles yet on these newest shocks,
    so it will be interesting to see if these newest shocks hold up.

You will know even before 5K miles as yours may (I hope not!) go South as all but the original early
    2006 MYs have done. Evidently Azeras built prior to Dec. 05, 2005 had good shocks and did
    not experience any problems like the cars built from Dec. 05, 2005 to Oct. 20, 2007.

Please let us know how your late 2008 Azera holds up in this department. :confuse:

I cannot wait until someone gets 5K miles or more on these latest shocks and reports no porposing
    problems
    as many have experienced with cars built from Dec. 05, 2005 through Oct. 20, 2007.

I expect that you will not have any problems with your new late Azera.

• jack_spratjack_sprat Posts: 29
    how much did you pay before TTL and trade in.
    I just purchased a 2008 azera limited from coconut creek hyundai in florida. It is pearl gray mettalis ( 2009 color ) It has the ultimate pkg. including the NAV. and floor mats. Out the door including prep, sales tax. tags and d.c. fee was $27,500. The car rides beautiful. I only have 300 miles on it. So far, none of the dredded front end problems. Apparently the production date has a lot to do with the suspension componets. My azera was built on 12/21/07. Let me know how your's is. Thanks
    No trade in. Paid 27,500 including sales tax, doc fee , dealer prep, and tags. My azera is a limited , with the ultimate nav. pkg, anfr floor mats. Coconut creek hyundai in FLA.
    "Apparently the production date has a lot to do with the suspension components.
    My Azera was built on 12/21/07."

And therein lies the secret! ;)

Azeras built 10/20/07 and later have the latest supposely improved shocks, part
    number 54611-3L640 for the fronts and 55311-3L640 for the rear shocks.

I am a committee of one who is trying to determine if indeed these newest parts,
    especially the fronts, are going to stand up for more than 5K miles. :confuse:

Please keep me posted with the good news that yours do hold up!

Thanks for the quick reply. I will let you know if I experiance any front end problems. I have 2 other vehicles, so it will take me a while to put on 5,000 miles. I will keep you posted
  • dwengier77dwengier77 Posts: 30
    i have 5000 miles on my Azzy now. Still running strong , no problems with the suspension. No noises, bumps or otherwise. I feel that Hyundai has fixed the problem. However i only have 5000 miles so something may still happen. i don't think it will though.

By 5000 miles, if you had any of the earlier shocks except for the very earliest
    shocks installed on the 2006 models built before Dec. 05, 2005, you would
    most likely be noticing that your car would not ride as it did originally.
    It would feel like the shocks were loose and worn out, and the car would feel floppy,
    wallowy, and it would even porpuse on certain types of highway at speed. :lemon:

Now, my question to you is . . . What is the build date of your 2008? :confuse:
    The build date is located on the pillar between the drivers door and the rear door.

That will determine whether or not your car is equipped with the newest latest 'improved' shocks.

If it was built 10/20/07 or later, you are or should be 'home free' so to speak. ;)

Good luck. Enjoy your fine machine.

• dwengier77dwengier77 Posts: 30
    ah haa . My baby was born on 12/15/07 ... isn't she cute ? So doctor, being that my little girl was born in december, you're telling me she will have a long and happy life ???????

Well youse is one lucky daddy! :surprise:

Eyes not a doctor, but I would say based on my limited samplings so far,
    that her shocks should have "a long and happy life." :surprise:

Isn't it nice to know that you have done something correctly? :confuse:

I don't think you know how lucky you are to not have the older shocks
    like many of us have and have been suffering with for so long.

Now I would hope that Hyundai would do the correct thing and replace those
    crappy parts with the latest shocks and end our misery once and for all.

Please keep us posted if there are any front suspension changes with increased mileage.

• Isn't it nice to know that you have done something correctly?
    you obviously have not been talking to my wife,,, maybe you should!!!! ;)
  • bettstxbettstx Posts: 1
    $15,800, 29K miles, perfect body & interior (was a first owner trade in on an Infinity. From Subaru of Plano, Plano Tx . Front tires worn, back pretty nice condition, guess previous owner did not rotate tires front-to-back. Pleasant and relatively quick process. :)
  • sandman46sandman46 Posts: 1,798
    Live right across the street from Coconut Creek Hyundai and will be buying from either their store or their sister Suzuki right around Thanksgiving and was wondering how the dealership experience was and what were the doc fees paid? Did you go through the internet/fleet department also? Bought our Mazda at the store 2 blocks up and was pretty satisfied overall.
    T I A for your comments.

The Sandman :)
  • dronedrone Posts: 2
    Out the door with 2008 White Limited w/ ultimate for $3000 off current invoice, then add back 314 state taxes and 349 dealer "document fees".

As part of the deal, I added at my cost the current replacement front shocks [P/N***-3L640} at $132 ea. this was stated to be the employee price for the part. Will replace mine since the mfg date on this car is prior to 20Oct2007, when the new version shocks started being used. Then maybe it will handle a bit more like the 2009 version. Will post on the results after the new parts are received. Car has truly lousy Michelin MVX4+ tires, (harsh, noisy, poor wet traction) otherwise, seems a fine machine. Anyone got a positive experience with a performance wet/snow/quiet tire for the 17 inch wheels? Next to spring for the non-emblem grill and the Grandeur led rear light bar....

Comfortable no-hassle buying experience with Capital Hyundai, Columbia SC.

Those shocks (Part number 54611-3L640) should be available for less.
    The Last time I checked, they were $114 each from Delray in FL.

Your new early production 2008 will handle exactly like any 2009.

You have the less expensive MVX4 Plus tires instead of the S8s which
    cost more and may be a trifle better, although they are noisy also.
    It truly is a shame about the poor quality of the Michelins.

Wear them out and go to the the Mustang OEM equipment Pirelli tires for $92 each
    from Tirerack. A supposedly better tire for less than half the price of a Michelin S8.

Please be sure and keep us informed about the new 54611-3L640 front shocks.
    I am hoping that they will indeed hold up, unlike the 041s and their TSB
    replacements, the 040s. :lemon: Don't let the dealer keep you old shocks.
    You are paying for the new shocks, so the dealer does not need to turn in your original
    shocks as they would do if they were doing the TSB. Might come in handy to sent one
    to Bilstein and try to get them to build a really good replacement for the Azeras.

Good luck with your fine new car!

• dronedrone Posts: 2
    Thanks for the input. I am going to install the -3L640's myself, and with the "old" parts for dimensional reference, if the -3L640's don't seem to be up to snuff, or crap out soon, then it should be fairly easy to bastardize a quality shock into something that will work. I suspected that the price I got for the new shocks was not the best, since for $100 each should buy a fine damper, but the overall deal left me satisfied. I am a retired mechanical design engineer, and the welding and machining equipt.is here at home to take on such a project. It is indeed frustrating to see a manufacturer skimp on simple items, particularly when the part has such a profound influence on the car's handling.
    Same goes for putting the car out with the nice looking but lousy performing 17" michelin MXV4+ tires. BTW, I note mine were made in USA. A poor choice for this car, so it must be an oem price decision TireRack shows this tire rated only in the middle of the pack, with a low "would repeat purchase" score. Must be a tremendous markup for this tire in the retail market, since there is such better rubber available, at retail, for under $100. I am going to do some work to see if I can get an exchange of the Michelins for something like Avid V4, YK520 or ZE-912's. And I intend to go to 215 or 225 / 60 or even 65 series tires. Any tire experience info will be appreciated, since a full set of tires is an expensive experiment. What is the experience of Azeras riding on 16" wheels? Do owners on 16" rims have the same complaints on ride harshness?
  • fittvrfittvr Posts: 5
    If I was you, I would go online and look at the dealers inventory. If you know exacly what your looking for, color,interior, packages, ect. it helps a bunch. I purchased mine (2007) at North Florida Hyundai but I had to be driven by the dealer to Delray Beach in south Florida to pick it up. Pearl White was hard to find at the time I bought mine and I wouldn't settle for anything else. Good Luck in your search. Vern
    Thanks for the input. I am going to install the -3L640's myself, and with the "old" parts for dimensional reference, if the -3L640's don't seem to be up to snuff, or crap out soon, then it should be fairly easy to bastardize a quality shock into something that will work. I suspected that the price I got for the new shocks was not the best, since for $100 each should buy a fine damper, but the overall deal left me satisfied. I am a retired mechanical design engineer, and the welding and machining equipt.is here at home to take on such a project. It is indeed frustrating to see a manufacturer skimp on simple items, particularly when the part has such a profound influence on the car's handling.
    Same goes for putting the car out with the nice looking but lousy performing 17" michelin MXV4+ tires. BTW, I note mine were made in USA. A poor choice for this car, so it must be an oem price decision TireRack shows this tire rated only in the middle of the pack, with a low "would repeat purchase" score. Must be a tremendous markup for this tire in the retail market, since there is such better rubber available, at retail, for under $100. I am going to do some work to see if I can get an exchange of the Michelins for something like Avid V4, YK520 or ZE-912's. And I intend to go to 215 or 225 / 60 or even 65 series tires. Any tire experience info will be appreciated, since a full set of tires is an expensive experiment. What is the experience of Azeras riding on 16" wheels?
    Do owners on 16" rims have the same complaints on ride harshness"?

>>

Good question. I don't think that they do.
    Regarding changing to 16 inch rims, when I first got my Azera, I tried to find
    someone who would exchange their factory 16s for my 17s, but no one came forward. :surprise:
    There aren't to many with GLSs who are hep. Don't look for many responses to your question.

I would think that changing or modifiying any know standard shocks to fit our Azeras would
    be next to impossible. There is one fellow that says he has done so, but he is not talking!
    I ordered Bilsteins for the rear that I was told would fit but they did not. They were only $75 each.
    Too bad because they were of so much better quality than the stock factory Mando shocks.

It only stands to reason that a 60 series tire will ride a little bit better than a 55 series tire.
    Interestingly, some Toyota Avalons have 215/60-16s as standard equipment.
    Won't a narrower tire roll with less resitance as in better fuel economy?
    I'm thinking of 235/60-16s. Good enough for standard equipment on the
    older BMW 750 V12s. Shouldn't they be just fine on our Azeras? :confuse:

• sandman46,
    i bought my 08 azzera at coconut creek. i had a good experience. However i negotiated over the phone on the price and did not fifance through them. So when i walked in i gave them two checks one from me and one from the bank i financed through. In and out 30 min. great
  • edowadoedowado Posts: 10
    Price for 10/100,000 B/B extended warranty:
    $1900 with $100 deductible
    $2200 with $50 deductible
    $2500 with $0 deductible

We passed on the extended warranty.

Got a new 2008 Hyundai Azera Limited with Navigation Package, carpeted floor mats, and carpet cargo net from Hardin Hyundai in Anaheim, CA. MSRP $31190 including $695 destination charge.

Paid $24364 + tax, title, and license.

$29264 Invoice price
    -$1000 below invoice
    -$2500 factory rebate
    -$1000 loyalty rebate
    -$400 college grad rebate
    =====
    $24364 + TTL

It did seem like $1500 below invoice was possible, but we were content with the fair price. Buying experience was mediocre to start since it seemed like the sales rep wasn't happy not making money on the car, but the experience improved toward the end as the rep did the job right.
  • pzdjx6pzdjx6 Posts: 1
    I have had a similar shudder problem between 40-45 mph. Sometimes really noticeable but most of the time just a barely there but still felt. It increases with temperature. Try going over a large bump at slow speeds and you will feel an exaggerated shaking of the engine similar to this problem at speed. I have found that it is the engine shaking but I don't know why. To fix it I put a rubber ball or size 1 soccer ball between the engine and the firewall it goes away. Unfortunately more engine noise is transmitted but I like this better than the shaking. Hyundai checked my car out at 1000 miles and could feel it but basically told me I was screwed. I pursued more action but never got anywhere.

I hate this and the bad shocks and the poor FM radio reception. Very unhappy with this car and the company. I guess at least there are new shocks I can try now. More of my time and effort required to fix a poor design.
  • budhbudh Posts: 109
    Am considering driving from northern Indiana to southern Chicago for this potential Azera:
    Invoice MSRP

'09 Azera Limited 26,856 28,920
    Destination Charge 725 725

Total 27,581 29,645

Ultimate Package 1,365 1,500

GRAND TOTAL 28,946 31,145

Dealer offer is $26,053, $2,893 below invoice price of $28,946. Considering they are giving more than nearly all other dealers I visited for my 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander XLS AWD V6 trade-in, is this the "no brainer" that it appears?

Yes, that already accounts for the $1,000 rebate (no other rebates apply in my case), so I guess you could say it is only $1,893 below invoice price with the rebate in addition to that.

In addition, aftermarket backup sensors were added to the car before the dealership received it and they are not charging me for that. (How much is typically charged to have something like that added?)

Bud H
    So with all of you out there who purchased a new Azera, you have loads of experience and knowledge.

If you could go back in time to when you purchased your Azera (and we will assume for the moment you would still purchase it), what would you request of the dealership (sales and service departments) prior to signing the final papers?

Examples I can think of right now are

1. Set up the automatic lock system the way you want it.
    2. Set up the limp home mode
    3. See if you can get them to throw in an extra key for you free of charge.

Any other suggestions?

Especially considering that you all collectively have more knowledge than many Hyundai service departments on the Azera specifically, what are some more things to request and have set up by the dealership (sales and service) before you take possession of your new Azera?

Thanks to all of you for your great information - and I will return the favor in the future after the purchase.

Bud H
  • Somebody added a backup sensor before the dealership got it? Since Hyundai doesn't include backup sensors, the dealership probably got some local treeshade mechanic to monkey under the hood of the car & add some cheap gizmo.

If I were you, I wouldn't want a car which was worked on by someone. Who knows how carefully the sensors were installed. Who knows where all they drilled & ran wires etc. If I wanted to add a sensor, I would get it installed by my own trusted guy & with the features I want. I suggest that you might want to get a 'virgin' Azera.

As for the price, I certainly think you can go an additional 1k lower.

Of course, you can ask the dealer to set the door lock to the features you want as well as the limp home code (it's just a matter of connecting their handheld computer & punching a code- a mere 2 minutes work at the most). I don't think they would 'throw' extra keys (unlike traditional keys, these are very expensive)
    Final numbers of sale completed yesterday (someone please tell me how to put this into fixed width so it lines up correctly!).

After counting the rebate, the sales price was over $5,000 below MSRP and almost $3,000 below invoice with a trade-in value at least as much as any other dealer was allowing me.

In addition a backup sensor system and mudguards were installed free of charge.

Bud H

===========================

2009 Azera Limited with Ultimate Package, floor mats, and cargo tray

Invoice MSRP

Base Price 26856 28920
    Destination 725 725
    Total 27581 29645

Ultimate Package 1365 1500

Cargo Tray 80 100
    Floor Mats 80 100

29106 31345

------------------------------------

Sales Price: $26,200 (after subtracting rebate, with backup sensor system and mudguards installed)

Trade-in: $1,600 (2007 Mitsubishi Outlander XLS V6 4WD and 31,717 miles on it)

Out-the-door price: $11,340