Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hyundai Azera Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• mvls1mvls1 Posts: 32
    I visited my local dealer today to check out the 2009 Azera compared to 2007/2008. Surprisingly I was told that 2009 would be the last year for the Azera. When I asked them what their source was for this information they said that their regional representative had confirmed it. Can anyone confirm that this is true?

I am currently considering purchasing an Azera and am wondering how discontinueing production will effect owners of this model. Since it was only introduced in 2006 that would mean only 4 model years of production would exist. Questions that come to mind are,

1. Will after market product/parts continue to be available and if so, for how long?

2. Would any additional parts ie: improved shocks/springs ever become available?

3. How would the resale market hold up?

Anyone else have thoughts on this situation?
    I actually thought that this deserved to be a new topic if true, but I couldn't find a way to start a new topic. Is it even possible for us members to do? :confuse:
  • dborthdborth Posts: 474
    "I was told that 2009 would be the last year for the Azera."

Miserable sales for a great vehicle. C/Y '08 monthly sales average was 1,205 units. '09 ytd monthly average is slightly over 300 and is the slowest seller in the lineup.

Genesis sedan is now averaging around 1,200 + monthly units. Simple redistribution.

Azera was the logical larger sedan upgrade over Sonata in terms of Hyundai consumer loyalty. (as Avalon is over Camry) Upgrading from Sonata to Genesis is huge.
  • wobbly_earswobbly_ears Posts: 160
    Could it be that 09 is the last year for THIS body style? If you notice, Hyundai refreshes body styles every 4-5 years. And save for minor modifications, Azera's body style hasn't changed since 2006 & it is time for a refresh.

I don't think Hyundai would get rid of FWD entry luxo like Azera. The difference between top end Sonata & Genesis is way too large. And, RWDs like Genesis don't fare well in areas with snowfall where FWD is king.

Also, Hyundai wants to EXPAND product range, not shrink it. Methinks we would get a refreshed Azzy in 2010 & 2009 is the last of the current generation. Remember, Hyundai has always had a FWD above Sonata as XG350 was for the previous generation Sonata. I seriously doubt that Hyundai would get rid of a product for this segment.
  • I own a 2000 Chrysler 300M that was only made from 1999 to 2004 and parts and service is available at any 5 star dealer, Rockauto and EBAY. I wont have a problem if they discontinue the Azera, at least my 2008 Azera will stand out among the crowds of Altimas, Maxes, Camrys, Hondas and Avalons that are all over the place. I hate to get rid of my "M" but I don't need two cars, personally I think the 1999-2004 M,s look alot better than the 2005-2009 models.
  • dborthdborth Posts: 474
    I too had a '00 "M". Traded it for my '07 Azera. Worlds apart but love them both.
  • dg0472dg0472 Posts: 10
    First I've heard of this. The 2009 KDM Grandeur, which would be the 2010 US Azera, got an upgraded 3.3L V-6 and a new 6-speed transmission. The next Kia Amanti is rumored to be based on this platform. There will definitely be a new KDM car for 2010, which would be our 2011 if we get one. I'm wondering if this just isn't pressure for you to buy. Rumor has it the Avalon will be replaced by a stretched Camry, so Hyundai would be smart to keep the Azera. I'd ask a few other dealers.
  • ls1993ls1993 Posts: 10
    Anyone knows where to buy a used 2008 Azera Limited for a great price?
    From my limited research, the price is supposed to be around 17K plus tax. Thx for any info.
  • I bought a Azara Ltd. with 9900 miles from Carmax for $17988 and it was my best car buying experience
  • tonycdtonycd Posts: 223
    Google the sites that list used cars by make and model nationwide.
  • rk2469rk2469 Posts: 30
    You can't beat this car. Azera is a fantastic car. It's smooth, quiet, and fast... sure, it's soft but who is doing F-1 racing? I bought my 2006 Azera Limited for $24,5 brand new.

So, far no major issues @ 36K miles. I had two issues: oxygen sensor and cracked dash board. They were all fixed very promptly and I got a free loaner cars during that time.

The mpg figure is steadily getting better. I am now averaging 23mpg.
  • Looked into CarSense; smart move on my part (one of very few-especially when it comes to cars.) I owned a 2007 Buick Lucerne CXS with 9000 miles on it which came equipped with an annoying vibration which GM's "Mr. BadWrench" cold not fix after many, many tries (9). The service manager looked me straight in the eye and told me that he could not fix my car. Period. I was eventually asked to leave the dealership for "haranguing the employees" and told to "find something else to do" by the dealership owner. Like I really liked bringing the car in for service that they could not perform satisfactorily time and time again. They chased the vibration for months by putzing around with wheels, tires, motor mounts, etc. The problem was an internal engine problem. Went with Lemon Lawyer and ended up getting GM to cough up $4k which doesn't sound like much; but it became a deal maker for me. Meanwhile, back to CarSense. I had been scoping out Hundai Azera since day 1; should have gotten one instead of the Buick nightmare. Anyways, CarSense had an 08 Azera with 12k miles on it in pristine condition for $19,900 - a no haggle price. I had only been offered 16 or 17k for the Buick; but CarSense gave me $20k. I swapped my Buick Bomb for the Azera ( a much better car in every way imaginable) and got $10 change. The best deal that I could get from a Hyundai dealer was $16,500 for the Buick and around $23,500 for the used Azera. I have purchased and traded over 40 cars in my young life; and I must state emphatically that this transaction with CarSense was by far the easiest and fairest that I have ever experienced. For anyone looking for an Azera - or any car - for that matter (used that is), I would sincerely suggest looking into CarSense. You can't go wrong. SemperFi
  • Karen@EdmundsKaren@Edmunds Posts: 5,023
    A national reporter is looking to speak to consumers who purchased a Hyundai vehicle recently (within the past four months) because of the Hyundai Assurance Program. Please send your daytime phone number and the vehicle you own to ctalati@edmunds.com by Friday, June 5, 2009.

Karen-Edmunds Community Manager

• hc106hc106 Posts: 10
    When I went shopping for a new car in 2007, after doing my online research, I had decided it would be a Hyundai Azera Limited or a Toyota Avalon . At the time my sister owned a new Avalon, and I drove it before going shopping.

Since I had driven the Avalon, I went to the Hyundai dealer first. The list price on the Avalon was $5000 more than the Azera; after driving the Azera, & finding it comparable in handling, ride comfort, etc, to the Avalon, I didn't even bother going to the Toyota dealership as it would have been a waste of time.

I have not regretted the decision. I have 25,000 miles on it with no problems, & am extremely happy with my Azera Limited. I will replace it with another Hyundai when the time comes. I would also like to note that I found the transaction at Baytown Hyundai in Baytown, TX, very pleasurable. The salesman and personnel were curtious, knowledgable and informed. Above all, they wanted to sell cars and we were able to negotiate a price that was around $400 over invoice. I have had the car serviced there since purchase, and have been very happy with the service department also.
  • My dealer, Alexandria Hyundai in VA, set up my automatic lock system (to not unlock automatically when put into park, but still lock the doors when shifted out of park) and limp home mode for free in the first month after I bought my 2008 Azera in July 2008. I do have to mention, however, that the Service Dept. people didn't really have a clue what I was talking about except for my reference to the manual, but wrote it up and referred it to the Korean mechanic they have on staff. Said Korean mechanic came out to see me while I was waiting (Korean language service manual in-hand) to confirm what I had asked to be done. All done perfectly.

My hunch is that Seoul hasn't done the greatest job of writing up the minutiae of some of the settings in the English service manuals and materials that dealers here have and I was lucky enough to be at a dealership with Korean mechanic and some Korean salespeople. Alexandria Hyundai seems to get a lot of business from the local Korean community here in Northern Virginia and I fully intend to keep going back. Great buying and service experience so far with my 2008 Azera so far. This is my 3rd Hyundai and 1st one I bought from this dealership.

Additional note, avoid Fairfax (VA) Hyundai like the plague! Rip off artists, if they can get away with it, in both the sales and service departments.
  • Good luck for 17k. I was just at a hyundai dealership looking at a 09 sante fe. I have a azera '08 limited with the ultimate package. They offered me $18,000 for my car! Ofcourse I have only 8013 miles on it as of today
  • jayriderjayrider Posts: 3,204
    Then it will go on the lot for 23k and someone will actually buy it. The question is why would you want to trade anyway? Seems like a nice ride.
  • I live in Eastern NC and have been researching a Genesis and finally decided to do it with the current lease program. Contacted every Hyundai dealership from Raleigh to the coast giving numbers via email and could we make a deal.

My dealer experience:

Joe Pecheles (Greenville): This was actually the 2nd Hyundai I tried to buy from them in the past 2 months. Friends were looking for an Elantra. They tried to play games with me then (Sales Manager and Salesman) and lied to me when I stopped by a couple of weeks ago to look at the Genesis (BTW I did not give them my name either time.) Never even responded to me regarding the Genesis after emails.
    JERKS!

Medlin Hyundai (Rocky Mount): Contacted me 3 days after receiving my email. Also would not give any numbers on the phone regarding friend's Elantra.

Southern States (Raleigh): Agreed on Genesis, but BS me on trade-in and Genesis lease incentives.

Lee Hyundai (Fayetteville): Okay, just slow to get back with me on numbers. by the time they did I had bought a car from............

Hyundai of New Bern (New Bern): I ended up buying my friend's Elantra from them after calling one time and talking to Sales Manager. Gave great deal in writing and only kept my friends long enough to get paperwork done. Wally and Liz were great.

I went down there to look at Genesis and talk numbers after initial conversations. Not feeling really good thinking maybe financially I needed to wait until next Summer. They had an 2009 white Azera. LOVED IT. Just about everything you get with a loaded Genesis for A LOT less $$$. Worked with Liz again as well as Bobby and Cecil. Mr. Strickland (owner) was also very nice and friendly. No pressure, easy process. :0)
  • 101649101649 Posts: 192
    after all this, what kind of a deal did you get???
  • I purchased a 2009 Azera Limited Ultimate Navigation package with Bluetooth, carpet mats and beautiful white paint. Traded in 2004 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer with 120,000. Had a little negative equity due to plumenting SUV values due to prior high cost of gas.

I don't have the numbers in front of me, but got below invoice, plus $1000 rebate, plus special financing rate that my credit union could not touch. :)
  • A reporter is looking to see if you were looking to purchase a Toyota or Honda vehicle but after doing some comparison shopping, purchase a Hyundai or Kia because of price/value . Please send your daytime phone number to ctalati@edmunds.com by Friday, October 9, 2009.

Karen-Edmunds Community Manager