Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buick Lucerne Prices Paid and Buying Experience

kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 30,486
edited March 20 in Buick
Tell us what you paid for your new Buick Lucerne!

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

Comments

• jsieksjsieks Posts: 5
    I have selected a Buick (2006) Lucerne. CXL V8. Options are Sun Roof, Stabilitrac and confidence package. The sales price is 30,800.

The car is currently on order; sage mist. At this point, I believe I probably could chisel another 1500 to 2000 off the price but am not going to bother.

Upon taking delivery and driving for a few days, I will post a follow-up to this message.

If anyone is looking for a reason to return to purchasing an American car, the Lucerne is it.
  • dandydon2dandydon2 Posts: 77
    Would you mind stating prices in terms of the MSRP, including transportation, and invoice?
  • kkrinnkkrinn Posts: 14
    jsieks,
    I ordered the sage mist as well, and my price was just about identical to yours...In all of Columbus, there wasn't a sage mist CXL anywhere so I had to order it. Let me know how long you had to wait. BTW, I saw a CX sagemist here and it had a yellow pinstipe. I'm going to put that on mine 'cause I thought it really looked sharp and I also ordered the spoiler in primer paint. It doesn't come in sagemist, so the dealership will have to paint it to match. I'm surprised there aren't that many Lucernes in that color around so it should be distictive!
    I ordered my CXL v8 Lucerne with moon roof,stabilitrak and confidence package. I wish I had ordered the luxury package simply for the sake of the lumbar support. I can do without the heat seat and hot window water. The order took exactly four weeks. I'm very satisfied with the power, color and styling. If Americans are looking for a reason to buy an american car, this is it
  • I got a GMS Discount being my mother was a former GM (EDS) employee. We got our CXL V8 Lucerne with all the packages, Luxury, Driver Confidence, Comfort & Convenience. We got it in Glacier Blue Metallic. Looking at the buick website is this color even available anymore? The only options we did not get were the moonroof, engine heater, and we got six passenger seating as I am in a wheelchair and work my hand controls on the right side so console shifter and hand controls don't work well together.

All in all without dealer options and extended warranty we paid about 31-32 thousand. With the several dealer options we did such as glass etching, Autobond, 2 year extension on the warranty and several other things the final price came to about 36-37 thousand. I absolutely love this car and think it was worth every penny.
  • Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,030
    A promotional magazine seeks to interview Buick Lucerne owners who love their vehicles. Please respond to jfallon@edmunds.com by Monday, June 26 with your daytime contact information and a few words about your ownership experience so far.

Thanks,
    Jeannine Fallon
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

Lucerne owner: Jim Sieks
    Model: CXL V8 Sagemist

Available most days in afternoon (retired)

...still enamored with the Lucerne after 3 months. It gets a bit unsavory to be buying 93 Octane at 3.30 but the car is behaving beautifully. We (my wife and I) are puzzled why we don't see any other Lucernes on the road.
  • iperiper Posts: 12
    The GMS price is not bad, but can we further negotiate it with dealder since it is close to end of the year clearance?

Did anybody buy a CX base model recently? what's the price?

thanks for your attention,
  • There are 8 posts and no one is saying how much they paid.
    It is probably possible to buy below GMS price; I would guess by 1000 , maybe 1500. I was pursued by two other dealers indicating they would make a better deal. I chose the Arlington, Mass dealer because of convenience , service and home grown competition. The relatively small discount did not persuade me.
  • Bought a CX a couple weeks ago, paid $21,500. Great car, very quiet and smooth. Took it on a road trip last weekend and believe it or not, according to the DIC I got 33mpg at a constant 60mph. Overall on the trip we got 31.3, better than the 28mpg on the window sticker.
  • imidazol97imidazol97 Crossroads of America: I70 & I75Posts: 18,459
    That's consistent with what other 3800s have done in full-sized Buicks through the years. It depends a little on your driving style and fuel and temperatures. Keep the tires inflated to 33 - 35 psi. If I don't replace a car with a 3800 before they're discontinued, I'll look for used next purchase (after an older car for the kid--maybe that'll be a small pickup for me).

You should do a review of your Lucerne. Click the reveiws button at the top of this page and then click "rate it".
  • A friend has the 3.8 in his Impala and I was always jealous because he got better mileage than I did in my Malibu with a 3.1.
  • onions2onions2 Posts: 1
    Picked up my Lucerne CX, which stickered for $26,740. The trade was for a 97 Taurus. I don't know whether I got a good deal or a bad deal.

Supplier Price: $25,617.39

Trade : $600

Document Fee: $75.00

Sales Tax: $1568.27

License Plate: $15.00

-------------------------------------------------------

TOTAL...........................$26,675.66

Base Rebate: -$1500.00

GM Card: -$2323.20 (Pending GM authorization)

Old Invoice: -$1000.00 (This vehicle qualifies)

----------------------------------------------------------

Calculates ................................. $21,852.46 Out the Door - Guaranteed.

Tack on another $500 for the bonus (which the salesman alerted me to) and the deal went for $21,352.46.

I hope this helps you.
  • MSRP - 30,380
    Invoice - 29,300
    Paid - 28,836
    Trade - 1997 Dodge Stratus ($2,500)
    Military Discount - $500
    Old Inventory - $1,000
    Tax & Fees - $1,900 (approx)
    Total Finance OTD $28,111
    0% for 60 mo - 468 per Mo

2006 Buick Lucerne CXL V6
    Drivers Confidence
    Lux Package
    Ent. Package
    Confort and convenience
    Pearl Nickel Finish rims
    Shifter on the Colume
  • Gator, don't understand...you paid $28,836 - ($4000 for trade, military discount, and old inventory rebate) which would be $24,836. Then add the $1,900 in taxes and fees and you should have been OTD for $26,736 or $445.60 at 0% for 60 months? What did I miss?
  • I just purchased a used 2007 Buick Lucerne CXL V6 with 17K miles for $22K + taxes/tags from a local Buick dealer.
  • And what? :confuse:

I posted the price I paid for comparison purposes. The asking price was 25,988. First sale price offered was 22,900. I countered with 22,000. The sales manager responded with 22,200. I said I'd buy today for 22,000 and they sold me the car. I was also looking at a leftover new 2006 CXL V8 for 26500. I test drove the V6 and the V8. While the V8 has the extra power, the V6 has plenty of power for me. My last car was a diesel Mercedes so the Buick accelerates like a Corvette from my perspective. :shades: Plus the 07 has the longer powertrain warranty. I like the car so far.
  • richman64richman64 Posts: 15
    I'm thinking about buying a Lucerne. Last time I bought a GM, which was over 4 years ago, I was able to get a GM Employee Discount, plus use over $2K in GM Card rebates. However, from what I hear, I can no longer combine GM Card rebates with the GM Employee Discount (it was sweet while it lasted).

Since I now again have over $2000 in GM Card rebate points, I'm debating haggling, without the GM Employee Discount, so that I can use my GM Card rebate. My question is, how much is the Lucerne discounted from sticker price with the GM Discount? If I can haggle and buy it for close to the GM Employee price, then I'll be able to still use my GM Master Card rebate.

Thanks.
  • imidazol97imidazol97 Crossroads of America: I70 & I75Posts: 18,459
    Stop in at a dealer and ask about using your employee discount and the GM card credits. Or call the GM card number on the back of the card. Their website might even address that question.
  • I had the exact same problem. The dealer said I could use the GM employee discount and the GM Card points only if I had some sort of special GM card .. I forget right now what the name was. Anyway, I almost walked when they told me that. To keep us from leaving the salesperson "sweetened" the deal enough to make us sit down again. I used the GM points in lieu of the GMED.
    A reporter is hoping to talk with Buick Lucerne owners who are long-time Buick loyalists. Please reply to ctalati@edmunds.com no later than Thursday, May 10, 2007 with your daytime contact info and a few words about your experience.

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

A reporter is hoping to talk with Buick Lucerne owners who never before owned a Buick. Please reply to ctalati@edmunds.com no later than Thursday, May 10, 2007 with your daytime contact info and a few words about your experience.

• I am looking at 2 different Lucerne CXS models, and was wondering if anyone might have some insight they could help me with. First off, I'm debating purchasing a 2006 model with premium paint, htd washer fluid/remote start/parking assist, htd & cooled seats 6-disc cd changer and 18" chrome plated alum wheels that stickers at $38,130, or of leasing a 2007 similarly equiped except it also has a pwr sunroof that stickers at $40,075. I'm looking at a 39 month lease with 20K miles/yr. I may qualify for some or all of the following: loyal Buick owner ($750), cash allowance ($2000/'06), conquest cash ($500 - we also have a foreign car) and SmartBuy trade-in cash allowance on purchase (for the '06 model). Since I need a high mileage lease, maybe with all the incentives for the '06, it might be less to purchase. What do you think, or what calculations should I make to come up with a good comparison estimate? Thanks for your help! (I'll also post this under leasing questions.)
  • wr_guywr_guy Posts: 13
    If the 06 is new, you should be able to get it for about $31k. I'd offer $30k and see what he says.

I have the same car and I wish I did not have the sunroof. It takes away headroom.
  • dlvhidlvhi Posts: 2
    Aloha

I am not sure this will help you, but I might as well share it.

I don't know how this compares to the CXS, but I just bought a new 2006 CX with the following options:

Driver's Confidence Pkg

Rear-obstacle-detection system, remote engine start, alarm

Comfort and Convenience Pkg

Auto Dimming OSRV Drv Mirror
    Auto Dimming Inside Rear View Mirror
    Illuminated mirror visors
    Universal home remote
    Rainsense intermittent wipers
    6 way power passenger seat
    6 passenger 40/20/20 split front seating

Ext - Dark Garnet metallic
    Int - Cashmere

My price out the door was $23,500.

I would appreciate if anyone has suggestions for seat covers that will protect from spills from young kids.

Also, any comments on whether I should get the extended warranty.

I bought an extended warranty on my Aztek 3 years ago because of problems with the A/C that seemed to happen after 3 years.

Thanks
  • dlvhidlvhi Posts: 2
    Aloha

I forgot to mention, GM increased their rebates on 6/25.

The rebate for a new 2006 Lucerne was $4,000.

It seemed that retail delivery had to be by 6/27 but that seemed like an awful short time fuse.

In addition to that rebate, I used the $750 Buick owner rebate.
  • tcb30tcb30 Posts: 1
    I have a question. I am trying to research the price on 2006 model year lucernes that are still on the lot. On Edmunds and other sites like this for new cars you can only get pricing information on 2007s and 2008s. How do you get an idea of what the price should be on a 2006 model that is still on the lot? Thanks.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 30,486
    Consider it a used car... Price it out that way.. then, add a premium for whatever you think the full new car warranty is worth..

That number will probably be less than they are willing to sell it for.. which is why it is still on the lot.

regards,
    kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

This discussion has been closed.