Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Transmission Problems

Comments

• Check your "Heat Temp Sensor", this will cause the hesitation going into gear ! I know it sounds crazy, but the "Heat Temp Sensor" tells the computer the engine is still cold and it keeps dumping more fuel , causes hesitation on take off! Just something to check !!!
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,057
    Sweed1,
    I would definitely recommend taking your vehicle in to be diagnosed. Please keep me updated on your progress.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • 89 GMC Sierra K2500-
    I was accelerating from a stop sign and suddenly lost drive in all ranges plus no 4wd. When I inspected underneath the truck I noticed that wire harness that holds the switches for the transmisson and and transfer case had somehow come loose and all of the wires got riped by the one of the drivelines. I also had a blown fuse on the 4wd fuse. Long story short, I fixed the wiring, replaced blown fuse and ended up replacing torque converter and put the transmission back in the truck. Now when I start it up (with the rear axle jacked up) the rear axle does not spin unless I rev it up. Now the weird thing is that it spins the same way in drive than it does in reverse. Do I have some wires crossed here or what? Im stumped! Any insight to this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,
    Matt
  • AHA !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I have a 2003 1/2 ton extended cab that sometimes feels like it is slipping out of gear (only for about a 1/2 second at a time) The odd thing is that I noticed that when it happened, the temp gauge would drop to the coolest !!!
    I could not think why the two things would be related, but maybe that is the problem.

Will it get worse if not addressed, and about how much would the dealer charge to fix/replace the "Heat Temp Sensor"??
    THANKS !!!
  • I actually have my 2010 GMC Sierra at the dealership now, although we have different issues with the truck it is also with the transmission and the dealer's mechanic drove it and noticed the problem. They are saying that we have a lazy transmission, the mechanic said that it has a learning transmission, but they are baffled why it does not know why it does not know when to shift.... I kind of feel in the same boat that we bought a 44,000 dollar truck and don't know what the problem is or how they can fix it. We had a 2005 Chevy Hybrid before this and had no problems until the 5 years were up. Then the big problems set in. Since it was electronic in certain areas such as steering we lost sterring going down the road and the truck was running, but we also had shifting issues with that truck as well, this is a first year for this transmission so if you find out anything before we do PLEASE let us know what your issue is, we already asked the dealer to see what the trade in value for this truck will be so that we are not getting another lemon. Good luck with your issue glad to see that we are not the only ones that are dreaming that this is happening,
    jmennace,
    Was the dealer about to fix your concerns? Please e-mail me and keep me updated on your situation. Thank you!
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • last year my truck would not accelerate over 45mph, rpm's kept rising but mph would not ,two months ago did it again exact same problem...only did it for a minute or two each time, other than those two times truck has not acted up...........any ideas on what could cause this problem
  • Hey guys ! New to site need to locate speed sensor to hook up new speedometer cable . can you help me please ? old cable was unplugged before I bought it by previous owner .
  • I have a 1996 chevy 1500 pickup. I had problems with my transmission slipping in second to third gear. So I just changed the Transmission yesterday 11/18/10 with Another Transmission and Guess what, I have the SAME EXACT PROBLEM. Can anyone with knowledge about this problem PLEASE help me?
  • guitarmnguitarmn Posts: 3
    edited November 2010
    Hi,

has anyone experienced a whining after shifting from 4x4 to 2x4? This has been happening since I got the truck and no one at the dealer seems to know why. We've taken out other trucks and they don't make the noise. We've had the transaxles apart and no sign of wear. It drives me nuts as it gets worse in the colder weather. If you move the 4x4 shifter back and forth just a little sometimes it will stop. It sounds like the front axles haven't fully disengaged.

Thanks for any help
  • You most likely have the classic brake fluid leak from the bottom (at the sensor) of the brake fluid reservoir

The fluid leaks down into the wiring that impacts the CC and other electronics.
  • This is a brand new truck, no leaks just one really irritating noise. I've hit a wall with the dealership as they can't find anything wrong. They can hear it, they can go out with me and we can make it happen and then like I said you move the 4x4 shifter just a bit back and forth and it's gone. Till the truck sits and then its back again.
  • I too have a 2000 Sierra 4x4 that did exactly the same thing. It seems Sierra problems are the same across the board. I also have the same problem as someone else noted about when the tranny gets heated up, approx. 100 miles, the upshifts hit very hard. I now have 208,000 and something that just started the other day; when I accelerated to pass someone, the rpm's went soaring up, but the truck wouldn't do a thing. I'm suspecting the tranny is shot unless someone tells me otherwise. Thought about upgrading to a newer GMC, but the problem blogs scare me. Maybe I should just keep replacing parts. It's still cheaper than a new truck payment. Be prepared!
  • It could be forward clutch piston, also check and make sure you are not leaking brake fluid from the master brake cyl. on to the wiring , if so you will need to repair the brake cyl. and use electrical cleaner to clean off the brake fluid !!!
    guitarmn,
    Can you please e-mail me with your VIN, current mileage, involved dealer, and complete contact information including a good number to reach you at? Please also include a summary of your situation including how many times you have been to the dealer. I look forward to hearing from you!
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • Check to make sure your truck is not leaking brake fluid onto the wiring below your master brake cyl. ! Might be causing problems with the CC !!! Good Luck !
  • It's not a rare truck at all, the 5 speed nv4500 was offered in all GM 3/4 and full tons from 04-07(classic). And in all GM full tons from 92-02.

As well as the same transmission being offered in a number of dodge pickups
  • Could be a fractured SUNSHELL ,or the splines are sheared off !
    Don't drive or you could do more damage to transmission ! Just something to look at ! GoodLuck
  • When you apply the brakes it sounds like the converter unlocks,verify line pressure!
    Torque Converter Control hydraulic circuit could be worn. You might need to replace the Torque Converter !
  • I have a 2010 2x4 1500. 6cyl. Have noticed when slowing and the vehicle approaches a shift point it bucks.Also, when vehicle is almost at an upshift point at a slower speed I hear a vibration in the rear half of the vehicle. anyone have those kind of issues?

thanks