Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Transmission Problems

1697071727375»

Comments

• wbeanwbean Posts: 1
    I have a 2000 Sierra 1500, with 5.3 V8 and 4wd. The transmission is stuck in the tow/haul mode. It doesn't reset, after turning off, and the fluid is at proper level. And yes, I have tried the selector button. All shifting is normal, just can't get back to overdrive mode. Anyone got any ideas?
  • A wise relative once told me; "When you have a major component of the vehicle fails, get rid of it" The point is the dealer cannot restore an engine or transmission to the condition it came out of the factory. I've learned this is true. 99% of mechanics don't have he expertise to properly repair a major engine or transmission issue. Save yourself some money and heartache and trade it.
  • chuck1chuck1 Posts: 1,405
    He would be OK if he got a rebuilt from the factory and had it dealer installed. Of course, this is the most expensive option.

Some would disagree with your opinion, some feel it's cheaper to replace a part in a vehicle than to buy a new one. This would hold true to a certain point.
  • Agree, I'm looking at it more from a reliability standpoint but with the 100K power train warranty it's cheaper to keep it.
  • hello, Im trying to help a buddy of mine with his 01 chevy silverado. recently he had his alternator go out, then all of sudden the transmisson wouldnt go in gear! no problems prior to this at all, i asked if there were any symptons of the transmisson having issues prior to this and he said that it was perfect.. now he says it will go in first and second to the best of his knowledge then start slipping out of gear.. any thoughts, just seems odd that the tranny would take a crap at the same exact time.. thx
  • I was wondering if anyone was having a similar issue. I was driving home today and my truck started whining when I gave her some juice. At a stop light I gave her some gas and she did not move. I could hear the transmission spinning just not engaging. After I had cut her off multiple times and ran her through all the gears nothing happened. I was dead in the middle of the road. After about 20 minutes of irritating the drivers behind me I gave her the old college try and she started going again. A few moments later she started reenacting the original problem. This time I was able to coast home. Has this happened to anyone else or does anyone know what could possibly cause this?
  • 2000tahoe442000tahoe44 Posts: 1
    edited December 2013
    I have a 2000 Tahoe and All my interior light Quit Working. I replaced All my Fuse and Bulbs and Nothing worked. I made sure the override button is off as well. I replaced the switch to. Has anyone had this Problem that can Help me Please.