Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes-Benz SLK Lease Questions

Comments

• Don't understand lease support.

Dealer has amounts that are higher than lease of finance at the MB web site. Any idea why?
  • Lease support means that the manufacturer is providing a special, low money factor on a vehicle to make the payment more attractive than it ordinarily be. It usually doesn't make sense to lease for longer than the lease support is available for because if you do the money factor (which is used to calculate the interest portion of your lease payment) will increase, sometimes significantly.

On a comparably equipped vehicle the payments that are available at dealers shouldn't be any higher than Mercedes' official advertised payments. Of course, sales tax is added in at the dealer, but is not included in the advertised payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Thanks. I think it was the same deal at the web site:
    Money Factor = .0018 = APR 4.32%
    MSRP = $65635
    Sell Price - $59071.5 With Maintenance & Key Care
    Lease Payment = $649.27
    33 Months

Cap Reduction $3460.74

Total Out of pocket $5350

Mars Red with Bengal Red Interior (Claimed 1 of 2 in USA)
    Premium Pkg 1
    Magic Sky Roof (expensive but awesome)
    Sport Package
    Lighting Package
    Service 30,000 Miles
    Burl Walnut Trim Package
    18" Twin 5 Spoke Wheels
    Multimedia Package
    Rear Spoiler

I don't think I missed anything but MB.COM MSRP = $67,194
  • cadreamncadreamn Posts: 56
    Anyone know the current residual, money factors, etc. on the new SLK250 4 cylinder? Looking for very low mileage option as it would be a summer car, e.g. 7500 mi/year? Also has anyone seen one with a manual tranny yet?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi cadreamn. Mercedes-Benz Financial's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 SLK250 with 7,500 miles per year are .00225 and 59%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its Tier 1 credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • georged4georged4 Posts: 34
    Last month (end of feb) I got a little better lease deal for 33 Months w/ 12,000 / year on a 350 besides 10% off sticker. The residual was much higher than leasecompare.com estimated

PS: The 350 is way powerful enough. Almost wish I waited for the 250 and saved @ $14000 but there was no color combo yet built that we wanted (Mars Red with Bengal Red leather interior). It turns a lot of heads and gets a lot of compliments.
    Well, first of all I LOVE THIS CAR. Many compliments especially woth the Lars Red with Bengal Red Leather.

The residual was so high I doubt it will be worth buying out in 3 years ..... so

If I go to lease another will the salesman-dealer (or another dealer) have access to the price and lease payment etc? It was through Mercedes Financial. I'm thinking at least the same dealer would have access since he wrote the financing. If so does this help or hurt me in any way?
  • Hey Car_Man,

Im in southern california and looking to lease a 2012 slk 250. I want 10k miles/3 yrs lease.

(1) Can you please tell me the residual and money factor?

(2) For the lease support, does the money factor go below the base money factor set by benz financial? Can that money factor be reduced further with multiple security deposit and auto pay?

TIA
    Car man has great advice but check leasecompare.com -- for me it was well worth paying for their software. In the end I got a better deal on residual and money factor than they said by what was on the mb web site and negotiating at the end of the month got a better deal than that.

http://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/special_offers/current

OF course now I have a high residual to deal with in 33 months if I want to keep the car, so that encourages me to get another.

Good luck and enjoy the car ... the 350 is awesome.
  • Thanks for the link.

For the special on the website, what was the residuals and money factor for the 33 month lease?
    I doubt they publish the residual and money factor. Carman may know. Leasecompare will have estimates but you never can be sure until you negotiate with the finance manager after you make a deal. I signed one deal, went home and checked it closer. Then called the finance guy and told him what I could get and he pushed both the residual up and money factor down (see my prior post) as long as I promised to close the deal by the end of the month

For all car buys my suggestion is that people apply for a car loan at capitalone.com so you can have a check in your pocket but they don't do leases and the max loan is $40K -- might be up to 72 monthas
    Hi richcolumbia. Mercedes-Benz is not currently providing any lease support on the 2012 SLK 350. As a result, if you were to lease one through Mercedes-Benz Financial right now you would have to use its standard lease program. I believe that its current buy rate standard lease money factor is around .00225 for consumers who qualify for its Tier 1 credit tier.

Mercedes-Benz Financial's current 36-month, 10,000 mile per year residual value for this car is 57%.

You can reduce this money factor by going with auto-pay and by making multiple security deposits. Specifically, you can make up to ten additional security deposits, with each additional one lowering your car's money factor by .00007. I believe that the money factor reduction for auto-pay is something like .00010.

Car_man
    Host
  • samsakssamsaks Posts: 4
    So I went to a couple of dealerships and was told the residual is 68% for a 33 month lease @ 10000 miles for a SLK 250. Based on the advertised deal on the MB website --> http://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/special_offers/current I figured that the money factor is .00180. Can anyone tell me that this is the MF for the SLK 250. I'm really close to locking down on a car and would appreciate any help you guys can provide. Basically looking for the money factor and residuals on the SLK 250.

Thanks
    If this helps a money factor of .00180 * 2400 should be about the same as APR 4.32, So you can figure cap cost-residual at that rate for 33 months and should come close.

Or since up for leasecompare for great lease tools. For $19 (I think) they saved me $78 a month off the first i offer. Don'r forget to add in all the goodies it has like prem pack, magic sky roof, havi, upgrades stereo. My 367 stickered at $5600 and the lease is %650
  • f4ngf4ng Posts: 2
    Hi Car Man,

Do you know the July lease rate for 2012 SLK250 w/ 15K miles allowance? I'm looking for 36 or 48 month lease.

Thanks!
    Certainly f4ng. Mercedes-Benz Financial's July residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 SLK250 with 15,000 miles per year is 54%.

The 48-month, 15k residual value is 48%.

Mercedes is not currently providing any lease support on this car. As a result, if you were to lease one through Mercedes-Benz financial right now, you would have to use its standard lease program. Its standard lease money factors vary by credit tier and I believe possibly by region as well, but you're probably looking at a Tier 1 buy rate of around .00200.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi Car_man

Can you please share the SLK250 lease money factor and residual for 10,000 miles/year, 24 months and 36 months.

Are there any dealer incentives or loyalty bonus in November?

Thanks.
  • I certainly can ashafey. Mercedes-Benz Financial's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 SLK250 with 10,000 miles per year are .00160 and 73% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are .00160 and 64%.

This month Mercedes-Benz is providing $2,000 "Winter Event" dealer cash certificates on select 2013 SLK models.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi Car Man,

Do you know the January MF & Residual rate for 2013 SLK250 w/ 10K miles allowance? I'm looking for 30, 36 or 48 month lease. Also, are there any other dealer incentives this month?

Thanks!
  • Here's the information that you're looking for wineandtravel. Mercedes-Benz Financial's January buy rate lease money factor and residual vale for a 30-month lease of a 2013 SLK250 with 10,000 miles per year are .00160 and 72% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are .00160 and 64%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 48-month lease are .00160 and 55%.

As far as cash incentives go, Mercedes-Benz has some $2,000 winter event certificates out there right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • You're very welcome wineandtravel.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hello

Can you please provide money factor and residual on a 2013 SLK AMG with 12K miles.

Thanks
  • Hi chittus. Mercedes-Benz Financial's current residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 SLK55 AMG with 12,000 miles per year is 57%. Mercedes is not currently providing any lease support on this model, As a result, if you were to lease one through Mercedes-Benz Financial right now, you would have to use its standard lease money factors. These vary by credit tier, but they would probably be around .00200 or so for you right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • My lease for my E350 4Matic expires in August. I am interested in leasing an SLK350 with many of the bells and whistles for 12,00 miles/year. I am looking for incentives. What should I expect to pay for the car? Money factor, residual? BTW - I am a returning MB buyer but the dealer doesn't seem too interested to move from MSRP (WA State).
  • What is the residual for 12,000/36 and the money factor? Is Mercedes offering any lease specials?
    Hi detroitdiva. Mercedes is currently only waiving up to three remaining lease payments for consumers who get a new SLK, so you you are probably a month or two early in term of getting a new car. You would probably be on the hook for the extra payment or two.

Mercedes-Benz Financial's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 SLK350 with 12,000 miles per year are .00160 and 61% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

Also, right now Mercedes has $1,000 "Spring Event" certificates out there on this car. if you do decide to get one now, make sure to try to get the dealer to use one on your deal.

Full MSRP is not a very good deal on an SLK.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey detroitdiva. Please see my previous post for the information that you're looking for. Let us know if you have any other questions. Thanks.

Car_man
    Host
  • lightnnglightnng Posts: 7
    We stopped at a Benz dealer yesterday (Oakland) as my girlfriend wanted to try out a new SLK250 (my fault). She wanted a test drive, but ended up falling in love. I don't blame her, they are really pretty incredible cars.

She ended up signing a lease for one, and I did my best to help get a good deal, but I was not as well informed as I normally like to be. I did know about the 499/mo 36mo lease deal MB has right now for the basic car + premium package, but that's about it.

She has fantastic credit (800+).

The car she got had premium package, sport package, communication package, metallic gray over ash leather, automatic, with airguide and keyless go. MSRP for the car came to just over 55K. 36 month lease, with maintenance rolled into the lease for the duration, 10K miles per year.

Her total payment including everything is $628, out of which about $55 is for taxes and such, and I'm guessing $16-$18 for maintenance ($619). Let's call it $550 for the lease itself. Oh, and only $2500 down.

Did we do good? thing is, she hasn't taken possession yet (the car will arrive this evening) so we can still squirm out of it if need be. She is really happy so I don't want to give her my borrowed worry, but I also want to know she isn't being screwed.
  • jdowntownjdowntown Posts: 3
    Morning!

I am looking for the current May 2013 residual and money factor for the SLK250 Coupe - MB Financial *Tier 3*. 10k / 36 Month
This discussion has been closed.