Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevy S10 - GMC S15 and Sonoma Engine and Underhood Problems

Comments

• Yes i tried that as well both Coil packs were putting out plenty of spark.That was one of the first things the mechenic at the shop eliminated.Thanks for the suggestion.Hope to hear a answer from the shop today.
  • So I have found that the nut holding the gear onto the yoke was loose. Does anyone know what size the rearend is for a 2002 GMC Sonoma, Single Cab, SLS, Stepside, 4.3L, 5 Speed, 2WD, with the ZQ8 Suspension Package?
  • stev358stev358 Posts: 3
    93 s10 with standard trans will it inter change with an 88 s10 the93 is v6 the 88 is 4 cyl please a little help
  • WELL AFTER OVER A WEEK AT THE REPAIR SHOP THEY CALL ME TONIGHT AND AFTER MUCH TROUBLE SHOOTING THEY CLAIM THE # 2 INJECTOR IS BAD.AT FIRST THEY SAID POSSIBLY THE (PCM) THEN TI WENT TO THE iGNITION MODULE NOW THEY SAY # 2 FUEL INJECTOR.I ASKED THEM TO GIVVE ME A ESTIMATE OF THE BILL HE SAID IT WOULD HAVE TO BE TOMORROW.IM A LITTLE SKEPTICAL BUT NEEED MY TRUCK BACK.HOPE ITS READY TOMORROW.WORRIED IN GEORGIA 08-16-07
  • Hey, sick. My name is Zack and i currently own a 97 s-10.Dont know if this helps any but I also had a blinker issue twice. do to the flasher burning out. First time was 86,000 miles or so. Then the second one shortly again after the installing the new one. Why or how it happened twice i do not know. But my only way of fixing it was to install a heavy duty towing flasher. its been working ever since.and its much louder so i can always hear it.uhh as for the truck running hot, my truck is constanly being pushed, the a/c is always on and I know that i frequently stomp the pedal but it usually stays in the high hundred degree range or so. The only thing i could think of is check your air filter, or flush your raidiator out and refill it. Well thats i got...so good luck and hope i helped with your problems. Peace out
  • Hey winc, Zack here, the only thing i might suggest is to try to find out where the noise is coming from, or where it would most likly be coming from.if u cant find out where,, get the truck lifted into the air (if you can) and listen to the truck engage into its gears. acceleration and deceleration should be completly smooth being that its in the air. uhh, the only other thing i might suggest is check for an exhaust leak? I really couldnt help you unless i knew what it sounded like. Sorry bud. Good luck
  • Hey dws, Zack here, our 05 d-max was extremely bouncey on the road the tires are stock size, and the problem only showed up about a month ago during excessive traveling out of state. We replaced all the shocks with heavy towing type. Brand is Bilstein, umm let me look into what the number was exaclty and ill try to get back to you. Remind me if you can, im extremely busy, but want to help you out.
  • Hey, jnoltie. Zack here, not sure where the filter is, i have the 4.3L but im positive you should be able to access it with a crawler, and search under the block. And yes sir that is the coolant resivore, at least in my truck.lol, right behind the battery. Mine is a 1997 so they shold be close or some what similar. [non-permissible content removed] Luck
  • Hey Zack, Winc here. I figured out that the pinion gear nut came loose. So my rear end was vibrating like crazy because the pinion gear was loose. However I am currently trying to figure out if what size rearend I have. I need to know if its a 7.5" 8" 8.5" or an 8.6". When I tried to order the parts from summitracing.com I can pick specs of the rearend and that is telling me that it's a 8.5". However that is the same size as the Silverado 4X4 and my sonoma is 2wd. Plus my brother says that my rearend is smaller that a 8.5". If anyone can help that would be appreciated.
  • troll6troll6 Posts: 1
    This truck was a basket case when I got it. Electrics were jumpered all over.I pulled all that and hooked almost all back correct. My problem is it will start with an ether shot but no other way.

What gives or makes happen the starting fuel supply?
    I have the fuel pump hotwired to run with the key on-thinking that might be throwing off the ecm and fuel pump timer.

Anyone know the system that good?
  • t is melted off what can it be?
  • oh man. that is a tuffie. I would try to find a specs chart or something that might have the exact gearing in the differntial.Sorry if i spelled it wrong.Other than that, i dont know. Sorry. I will keep my eyes open.
  • Ok Winc. I've got an idea. At your local Napa, Pepboys, Autozone, or Kragen i'd try to find a repair manual for your truck. It would be the most accurate in detail and specs. They can be expensive books but im sure its something you will use in the future. In addition to helping you with everything. Step by step.
  • Thanks put I think the fuel reg is in the front this is a 2.2 liter by the way I have been thinking about replacing the fuel reg. so that will be the next step Thanks so very much!!!!
  • gonogogonogo Posts: 869
    You miss read my post, that is rear of engine. If you don't where it is you will have trouble finding it, that's why the instructions. Of course I was going by my 99, the 96 might be different. I know my 94 Cavalier was at the rear, same set up as yours. There were big changes in 98.
  • Recently, my 2000 auto 4cyl 2.2l has been producing a scream, increasing in pitch as the RPM's go up, and decreasing as they go down. You can only hear this sound inside the cab however, even with the hood open and your head in the bay you cant hear it. I've played around with the AC while driving to see if that had anything to do with it, but didnt see any change.

Also, after this noise started happening, it wont go over 65mph, I'll have it floored on the freeway and it just stops speeding up, the RPM's dont go up anymore. It's not like a govern, almost like the engine idles.

Any ideas on what could be going on?? thanks! :D
  • I've got a 98 GMC Sonoma 4cly. 2.2 5 speed, and i am drinking gas like crazy and i cant figure it out!!!!!! I've replaced the MAP sensor, throttle position sensor, intake air temp. sensor, both O2 sensors, coolant temp. sensor and it is not getting any better at all!

THIS SIGHT LOOKS LIKE ALOT OF HELP SO PLEASE HELP ME OUT!