Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota RAV4 Accessories

Comments

• It is charcoal, came with my Limited 07 RAV4, and my interior is taupe also. I have never used it, it is sitting in my garage. Email me @ maildesi@yahoo.com as soon as you can, since I will be out of state all next week and we will talk more. I do not know about selling on this forum...
    I do not use the top netting that came with the RAV Limited, only the soft netting.
  • Yeah, I do not use those, either, only the elastic netting..I just love the new trunk area, also. The tonneau cover and bar netting would be nice on a trip, to add more space/cover your stuff, but I've just used a blanket to throw over it all. I guess craigslist will get some business!
  • brown18brown18 Posts: 2
    Wow... where did you buy those? I'm planning to buy one too.
  • thecatthecat Posts: 528
    my 2 cents. The pole net isn't well thought out. It doesn't hold much and is mostly in the way. I bought a bungie net when I 1st got the RAV a year ago. Found it online for $26. It's really all you need. I never thought about it before but I have never had my cargo cover pulled closed.
    - hutch
  • debasghodebasgho Posts: 1
    Has anyone installed 3rd row seat after market? Where can we get it done?
  • My two cents are the opposite of yours. We've had our RAV4 for all of 12 hours now and I already found the net to be useful when loading fragile items (i.e. food) for the trip home from Costco. Granted, I wouldn't go loading five gallons of milk into the thing, but for light packaged items I can't think of a better carrying solution.
  • kst1kst1 Posts: 21
    Has anybosy installed an after market alarm system? If so, what brand and approximate costs? We just bought a base RAV today and thats one thing I would like to put in my RAV. Thanks!
  • I was involved in another thread on this same topic (look here).

The nutshell version is this: unless HID lighting was installed at the factory when the vehicle was built, it's not street legal.
  • srvmsrvm Posts: 9
    Can anyone help me with a link to accessories stores that sell all weather floor mats and cargo tray for RAV4 2008? I want to compare the prices against Toyota's accessories before buying.

Thanks in advance.
    srvm
  • Weathertech.com and Husky are the two biggest and most popular. Put "Husky floor mats" in google and you will get several stores selling them. The '08 will be the same as the '06 - '07.
  • bigdadi118bigdadi118 Posts: 1,207
    www.autoanything.com
  • i purchaced a 2007 rav4 base, i want to install a fogligths, same as the one with sport and limited, where can i buy those fogligths with a reasonable price? thanks in advanced.
  • xcaretxcaret Posts: 4
    I would like to find a place selling white mudflaps to fit a 2006 Rav 4 sport .Everyone seems to have black..
    Could I make a set out of peterbuilt ones ? I think they would be too thick .. How do they mount ? Do you just screw them on ?
    As long as they are on line I dont mind waiting for them to arrive .I can't find any hetre in Calgary so far ..
  • Just bought my wife a RAV4. It has all the features she was looking for except no wood dash and trim. I'm going to have to buy a kit and apply myself. Anyone know of a good kit for a 2008 RAV4? Thanks. :)
  • sdc2sdc2 Posts: 780
    They aren't real wood, you know...
  • bigdadi118bigdadi118 Posts: 1,207
    http://www.hondapartsdeals.com/honda_install_guides.php

They have installation manual, think they sell that also. You need to stick add-on TIGER to make it genuine WOOD. It is only imitation.
  • Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 38,937
    Sometimes known as plood.

I guess some is real wood that's been plasticized or otherwise treated to make it denser and maybe avoid splinters in the event of an accident.
  • I have a white 06 RAV4 and want white mudflaps front and back ,does anyone know where to get them ??
  • Hi,
    Did you ever get anywhere with this? I'm looking at buying a Sport but the 3rd row would be nice sometimes. I wonder if, over time, you could take one from a wrecked Rav4 or order a kit or some sort?

Thanks,
    Tim
  • rav4galrav4gal Posts: 2
    Just picked up my new 2008 RAV-4 (V6 4x4 Limited) and I'd like to get an auto-dimming mirror with Homelink (the compass/temperature feature is a plus, but not important). I've got a moonroof and side curtain airbags.

The dealer quoted me about $500 (parts & labor). I don't want to install this myself, but the price seems really high to me when I see mirrors like the one I want on E-Bay for around $200 (can't believe the labor's that intensive).

First, can anyone tell me if the dealers use an OEM part that I should be specifically looking for, or are they buying a Gentex or other aftermarket part?

Second, what part is best for my vehicle and what can I expect to pay for parts and labor? (I live in a suburb of Chicago.)

Any help appreciated!