Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lincoln MKZ Lease Questions

CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
Hi everyone. Please use the following discussion to post any questions that you have about leasing a Lincoln Zephyr. Thanks.

Car_man
Host
Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums

Comments

• fsufanfsufan Posts: 35
    Thanks Car-Man, can you shed some light on the national "signature sales event" program Lincoln has going on right now:
    2006 Lincoln Zephyr
    $364 a month,
    39 month Red Carpet Lease.
    $0 Cash Due at Signing
    $0 Down Payment
    $0 First Month's Payment
    Security deposit waived.
    Excludes tax, title and license fees.
    Specifically, interest rate/money factor, not sure what Ford uses. The residual value for 12K & 15K per year. MSRP of the base vehicle is $29,660. I think Lincoln has $1000 customer cash back that is used as a cap cost reduction. Is the acquisition fee waived or rolled into the payment? Thank
  • rj123456rj123456 Posts: 128
    Here's a question. I saw a promo ad for a Zephyr with $4K down 39 month lease for $179+tax. This was the base model with 3 options: THX, Cooled Seats, 17" chrome wheels for an MSRP of $32,045 (incl. destination charge).

I don't know what the residual value they were using. This seems like a terrific deal, is it?
  • kmoskmos Posts: 5
    Carman, can you comment on the previos posts. Thanks.

Can you actually lower the monthly paymnt on the red carpet lease special? I am trying to get a pymnt under $300 per month. The current special said $364/mnth w/ zero down.

Thanks in advance.
    Yes, I ended up with $0 down and $294/month 39 months $16,250 residual. The only catch I can see is 10,500 miles per year.
  • kmoskmos Posts: 5
    Hi rj123456

How did you get the monthly paymnt so low without a down payment?
    It was the Memorial Day weekend special and I went at 7pm on Monday.

In fact the Zephyr was not even on my radar screen till I read the ad and the #s were too good to be true. And in the process of trying to screw me with various warranties and other payments I think they got themselves all wrapped up in knots trying to undo it. The effective APR on the lease is 0.74%.
  • BeamerManBeamerMan Posts: 64
    Yes Carman it is me again on this side. I am going to lease a 07 Lincoln MKZ. What types of pitfalls from Ford leasing should I look for? What is their lowest money factor at this time? Is the 39 month lease they are currently advertising a good deal? Again, thanks as always.
  • Hi Pat or Karens, I never rexceived an answer from my July post so here we go again. Iam getting ready to enter the domestic world of Lincoln. Hope I am not disappointed. What is a good money factor for a red carpet lease, I will be looking at 10 k miles and 36 months with 0 down. I have the best of credit am coming off a BMW lease. Also any word on the availability would be appreciated. Thanks so much, Beamerman
  • Hey BeamerMan. I don't think that there are any "pitfalls" to look out for when leasing through Ford Credit. Just negotiate as low a selling price as you can on the car that you are interested in and then make sure that the dealer that you are leasing it through is using a reasonable lease rate. I actually haven't seen Ford Credit's lease program for the 2007 Lincoln MKZ yet. It may not have a special lease program on it yet. You mentioned that you saw a special advertised lease for this car, where did you see it and how much was it? The only special offer that I have seen on the MKZ is 2.9% financing for up to 3 years, 3.9% for 4 years, 4.9% for 5 years, and 6.9^ for 6 years.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Carman. so glad you are back! I have an xplan for the car, are you familiar with that? It is approx. 1 % over invoice. Seems anyone can get one. I am just worried about the money factor. Glad you are back, Wayne.
  • Thanks, BeamerMan. I heard that you were looking for me. I am very familiar with Ford's X-Plan. It is a very good deal. I still haven't seen any info on leasing the MKZ. As I mentioned earlier, Ford may not have introduced a special lease program on it yet. It it has not launched one recently, I suspect that it will by October.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • As usual Carman, I will await your sage advice. You are the man! Thanks so much, Wayne.
  • You're very welcome Wayne.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Any updates on Lease specials?
  • Ford is offering .000625 = 1.5 for tier 0 credit (perfect) :)
  • Hey realtorken1. Lincoln is still providing lease rate and lease cash support on the 2007 Zephyr. Its lease program varies by term, but its base lease rate for a 36 month lease is currently only 1%. Plus it has $1,500 lease cash to help you negotiate an attractive capitalized cost.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi Car_man, Where are those lease terms available, I can't find them on your website.
  • Hey BeamerMan. I don't believe that Edmunds.com lists the details of manufacturers lease programs on this site, just their special financing rates and cash incentives.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Firt time on this web site. Does anyone out there know what flexibility dealers have on the current MKZ lease offer. It's 39 month, $399 per month, 0 down. Can extras be negotiated at no charge???
  • Welcome vinnie7. Most manufacturers' advertised lease payments leave a little meat on the bone so to speak in terms of vehicles' selling prices. Savvy consumers who shop around are usually able to beat manufacturers' advertised leases. Shop around and negotiate as low a selling price as you can on the MKZ that you are interested in and then have the dealer that you are working with calculate its lease payment using its base lease rate of 1.75%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum