Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lincoln MKZ Lease Questions

Comments

• faellaffaellaf Posts: 6
    Can you provide me with the Residual percentage and the Money rates for the 2010 Lincoln MKZ FWD? I'd like them for 36mo and 39mo/10Kmiles. lease. Also, are there any possible "lease" incentives coming down the line?

Thanks
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Here's the information that you're looking for, jweissi2. Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Lincoln MKZ 2WD with 10,500 miles per year are 0.25% and 45%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are 0.25% and 43%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi faellaf. Here's the information that you're looking for. Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Lincoln MKZ FWD with 10,000 miles per year are 2.0% and 51%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are 2.25% and 49%.

Ford is not currently providing any cash incentives on leases of this car, but I am sure that it will eventually introduce lease cash on it in a couple of months.

Car_man
    Host
  • faellaffaellaf Posts: 6
    Carman:
    On several car forums, there appears a Competitive Bonus Incentive listed as follows "Bonus Cash Lincoln Mercury 2010 Ford Credit Competitive Lease Conquest #32888-National" ($1000.) I currently coming off a lease of a Lexus and am considering the '10 MKZ. I've e-mailed 2 dealers inquiring about the above "incentive. One indicated that I had to have a direct "mailing" offer from Ford in order to qualify. The 2nd dealer stated that the incentive could only be verified once a specific VIN # was entered. Since he had no '10's in stock, he could not verify the incentive offer. Is there any way of verifying (other than relying on the dealer) who qualifies for this incentive?
    Thanks
    faellaf
    Hi faellaf. I was under the impression that all owners and lessees of competitive luxury makes, and Lexus certainly would qualify, are eligible for the competitive bonus incentive. I don't think that you have to receive a direct mail piece, but I am not 100% positive that is the case.

Car_man
    Host
  • theking72theking72 Posts: 2
    Anybody have current info re: MKZ lease?

Gracias
  • sammyssammys Posts: 30
    As of June 10th can anyone provide lease rates for an AWD MKZ '10 for 36 months?

Thanks!
    SammyS
  • rj123456rj123456 Posts: 128
    I have two months left on 2006 Zephyr lease for 39 month 10,500 miles. My current payment is $293 (with $0 down). This was a relatively base model car, the options added were the heated/cooled seats, the xenon lights, and the fancy wheels. No NAV or sun roof.

I'm quite happy with the car and would consider doing a similar lease again but looks like the payments are quite a bit more, in the $400 range.

What gives? Did the MKZ become that much more expensive?
  • forthillforthill Posts: 31
    Quoted by a Yonkers NY dealer for a 2009 MKZ AWD with only 2 options of moon roof and 17" chrome wheels:
    39 month term
    10.5k miles/year
    lease rate of 1.5%
    $1k down
    $429/month + taxes and fees
    -or- purchase for $30,829

*Monthly rate seems high to me. Thoughts??
    Hi sammys. Here's the information that you're looking for. Ford Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Lincoln MKZ AWD with 15,000 miles per year are 4.0% and 49%, respectively.

When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take the $1,400 bonus cash that is currently available on it into account.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi rj123456. I'm sure that the MKZ is more expensive today than when you leased yours back in 2006, but that's probably not the main issue here. Leasing in general is more expensive today than it was back then.

Vehicles' lease payments are made up of two parts, the interest portion and the depreciation portion. It retrospect, now that higher gas prices and a slower economy have taken their toll on used vehicle values, manufacturers had been overestimating the future values of vehicles that they were leasing. In many cases, the vehicles that they had leased to consumers were worth significantly less than what they had estimated they would be. This phenomenon caused many banks to take huge, millions and millions of dollars, hits to their earnings and to be more conservative in estimating vehicles' residual values going forward.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks Car_Man.
    Can you help me out again please with current incentives for the 2009 AWD MKZ, which I hear are set to expire on 6/30/2009? What, and how much, are these incentives?
    A previous poster, forthill, has an interesting deal and I wonder what your thoughts are on it? What is the RV for 10.5k miles on that auto?

Thanks.
    SammyS
    Car_man how about the RV % for 10,500 miles per year?
    Thanks!
    No problem, sammys. Lincoln's new July base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 MKZ AWD with 10,000 miles per year are 1.5% and 42%, respectively. When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $1,400 bonus cash that is currently available on it.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey sammys. Ford Credit's 10,000 mile per year residual values are 1% higher than its 12,000 mile per year residuals and 3% higher than its 15,000 mile per year residuals.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks!

I wonder if there is any lease out for a midsize near luxo mobile in the $300 range. I saw an ad today in our local paper (San Jose Mercury News) for a BMW 328i (def. luxury terrain) for $399. But they wanted $2 or $3K down.
    Actually I reread my lease docs and disagree...the residual value they estimated is $16.4K, which is a little bit LOWER than what they are selling for on Yahoo Cars (16.5-18.5K) and a also lower than Edmunds TMV ($17,443 $18,959 $20,239 for trade-in, private party, and dealer retail).

So what gives?
  • if possible can i have the august numbers
    for 36 mos
    fwd

thank you in advance
    Hi rj123456. I doubt that you will be able to find a near-luxury sedan for $300 per month, perhaps in the high 3's...but not $300. An Acura TSX would probably be in the 3's before tax. The same goes for a base Volkswagen CC.

A Mercedes-Benz C300 would likely be in the low 4's with nothing down. The same thing goes for the Lexus ES 350 and BMW 328i.

Car_man
    Host