Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Freestyle Lots of Problems

191011121315»

Comments

• carlag219carlag219 Posts: 1
    edited August 2012
    I have been reading about the problems other consumers are having with the transmission problem. :( My question is twofold: Did the transmission make a noise before it went out? and How long was it before total failure? :confuse: My Freestyle has both the problems reported on TSB 07-1-8 Transmission Shifter Binding and TSB 06-11-4 CVT Noise Diagnosis. I also have the surging in both Drive and Reverse. The Ford place locally said there was nothing they could do as far as helping with repairs. I think it is sad that Ford knows this transmission has problems and will not repair them at no cost. :cry: I took the advice of another poster and filed at the NHTSA and on the surging lawsuit.
  • brupirlbrupirl Posts: 1
    We have a 2007 Ford Freestyle and recently had transmission problems. It seems to accelerate, and/or stay in the wrong gear. It has a feeling of "drag" or power drain especially when the air conditioner is on. We have pre-paid maintenance, but they don't care and keep ignoring our pleas. If there is to be a class action or any recall, please keep us informed.
  • My 2007 Freestyle was having the same problem, and was found to have an easy and inexpensive fix. The throttle body had a carbon buildup. The technician just had to clean it - less than $100. Mine was repaired at Davis Ford in Fulton, MS. Hope this helps!
  • My FreeStyle (2007) was doing same thing I have spoke with at least 10 other owners with same problem. It was the throddle body, Ford would not back their part 750 dollar repair on a car with less than 60k. Ford said this was not part of drive tran. We were told not to drive it for safety reasons. Ford claims to be making the best make us cars but won't back them.