Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buying a used 5 Series

1141516171820»

Comments

• I am in Houston, TX and am looking to pick up a CPO 2008 535i. I have driven a vehicle with the following spec; 36,300 miles, Premium, Sport, Cold Weather, Nav and Logic 7 sound system. Asking prices is $35,991 which seems to be a little higher than the guide prices that I find online.

I's appreciate any comments or feedback on pricing of the vehicle and what I should expect to be paying.

Thanks
  • jtavisjtavis Posts: 1
    I am looking at 03 525i Florida dealer asking $11,550.00 has 74,000 miles. I am replacing my 95 jag that has 50,000 miles. Had a new transmission and the car has run right since at a cost of $4,000. Has been at repair shop 12 weeks that can not tell me what is wrong. I see legal action coming. Will I be happy with 525?is the price right Thanks
  • I am working with a dealer in Pittsburgh, PA on a used 2012 528i xDrive with the following:

17,500 miles
    Premium Package
    Cold Weather Package
    Technology Package

After some initial discussions, he is quoting me at $45,850 (not including tax and reg). I am thinking there is still some room for him to go down, but wanted to see if anyone had an idea if this price is in the ballpark of a fair deal.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,822
    You might post this in our Real-World Trade-In Values discussion and see what folks there think of the price.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• thematrixthematrix Posts: 1
    edited February 2013
    Hello All,

My first post on the forums and would like to get educated here from fellow buyers..
    I am planning to buy a 2007 BMW 530xi black w/black interior (67000 miles) used from a private party. It has no warranty remaining. Service records upto date, however most of the maintainance was done with a Euro mechanic and not at BMW dealer..The owner still owes money to BMW finance..asking price is $17000.00

Is this worth taking the risk, knowing no warranty available. Any potential issues to keep in mind..transmission failures etc at this age...

Please suggest..
  • mr_mmr_m Posts: 2
    If you own one or owned one please share your experience. :confuse:
    looking to buy used, 2008-2009 528i or 535i xDrive and I need to know if it worth a money
    I know it drives and handles well but, I see lot mixed reviews. just how reliable is this car!?
    what it the major problems if there is any? (i know German car is fun to drive, but some is pain in the a.. )

Thank you..