Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dodge Ram Lighting and Electrical Problems

Comments

• That was going to be my first attempt to fix the problem. I was able to get the 3157na bulbs but not the w5w bulbs. When they come in I'm changing all the bulbs...
  • slimbo2slimbo2 Posts: 1
    First time posting so probably won't do this right. Have a 98 2500 4x4 diesel and just came back from a trip. Ran great but next morning the ABS and brake lites remained lit and the speedometer and odometer were inoperative. So far I haven't gotten a NO BUSS msg. Read dodgefan99 post Jun 14, 2008 and not quite sure about the screw mentioned. I have a large hex hd screw with phillips slot that is listed as "Engine Inline". Backing out that screw came up snug and I didn't want to force it. Help would be appreciated.
  • mka1957mka1957 Posts: 1
    My 2002 Dodge Ram 1500 will not start. The dome light came on when I opened the door to get in, but when I put the key in and turned it to start, the starter kicked breifly once and everything went out. Dash, domelight, everything is dead and the truck will not start. There is now a faint clicking noise like a relay repeatedly clicking over and over again, even with no key in the ingnition. When i opened the hood, the engine compartment light comes on , but flickers in time with the clicking noise. Any ideas?
  • After changing all the bulbs the problem still exsisted. So I had a thought.... Since everthing is ran by computers now, I thought I would re-boot my truck. It seems to have worked, for now at least!!! I disconnected both batteries for about 15 minutes and then gave it a try, so far so good. Now if I can only remember how to change my clock.
  • KCRamKCRam Mt. Arlington NJPosts: 3,516
    Pretty soon, the dash will have a full QWERTY keyboard, and we can just hit Ctrl-Alt-Delete for that (he said, dripping with deadly sarcasm towards the automakers).

kcram - Pickups/Wagons Host

Need help navigating? kcram@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• I tried to install led lights on my 05 ram 1500 ,when I plug the lights in they light up even with the key off and removed .When I do test them the turn flashes erratically and so does the stop when the brake is pressed.Is there an after market controller for these? or are they like a windows computer (random glitches and malfunctions)?I have talked to the dodge dealer and they have never heard of this.. :confuse:
  • I'm not too sure if your truck has an electronic control box or not.
    I would start by disconnecting everything that you added for those lights, disconnect it at the power source.
    Now see how your original system is working. If there is still a problem see if dissconecting the battery for 15 minutes will work for you too...
    Good Luck
    Biggest problem with adding LEDs to a vehicle that wasn't delivered with them is, the computer will not necessarily recognize them as actually being on properly, since LEDs have a very different (lower) current draw - the computer doesn't see the resistance it expects and tries to analyze a problem that actually isn't there.

The company that made the LEDs should be aware of this issue, and they should be your first call for help.

Need help navigating? kcram@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• thank you for the info .I have also heard there is an adapter that will plug in to make the voltage read better.I will call first to make sure though.
  • i also have a 02' dodge ram 1500 that did the exact same thing today that stranded me in the bank parking lot. i was woundering if you have heard anything about the problem??
  • heaton44heaton44 Posts: 2
    i have a 2003 dodge 1500 4.7 liter 4x4 long bed four door and i took it in to have a cd player installed and when i got it back i noticed the i no longer had to press the brake to shift from park, my lights and dome light will not turn on unless the truck is turned on, and the cd player resets every time the truck is shut off any advice???????
  • dezrailerdezrailer Posts: 1
    My left side lights all went out at the same time. The marker lights in the headlight assy, rear license plate lights, and tail lights are all out. The brake lights turn signals and head lights still work. The bulbs and fuses all look fine but replaced bulbs and fuses still didnt help.
    I traded fuses with the right side and no help.
    I checked the right side power in to fuse was12 volts. Power in for the left side light fuse is only 3.3 volts.
    Does anyone have any ideas.
    Thanks
  • paoulpaoul Posts: 3
    I have a 2005 Ram1500 Quad cab, my parking lights won't go off. I have to pull relay to get them to go out any ideas whats wrong?
  • I'm getting a lamp out alarm on my 2002 ram 1500 when I activate either blinker or my flashers. It only comes on when my headlights or park lights are on. I have replaced both headlights, all my tail lights and even the circuit board in the rear. none of those fixed it. All my lights work. The alarm blinks in sync with the blinker or flasher and goes away once I turn off the headlights or the blinkers. It drives me nuts because the buzzer constantly goes off with it. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance
    If you're positive that all the lights are functioning properly when the turn signals or hazard lights are selected (be sure to check with and without the headlights on), then you may need to "reboot" your truck. Disconnect the battery for at least 30 minutes (you will have to reset your radio/clock), then reconnect and see if that helps.

• my taillights did the same thing i replaced the relay but the tailights still didnt work.anyone got a clue yet?
  • Was your security (red light on the dash) light flashing too? 2002 Dodge Ram did exact same thing today. Did you find out what it was?
  • I am having the same problem. What was the cause? I need to perform the same repair. You can email me at eku1211@att.net
    thank you
    monty
  • Hey-Jason here-did anyone find out what is wrong the lights? I the exact same truck with the exact same problem. :mad: Could someone please e mail me or answer this post-I'm at a loss why my lights all of a sudden quit :confuse: -I'm a diesel mechanic and I realize the solution would be easy (more than likely) if I worked on dodges everyday ;) . Thanks for any help-Jason
  • My marker lights just suddenly quit-all other lights work normally-does anyone know what the fix is? I've checked all the fuses-their good-I believe the relays are good also-Has anyone had this problem- '04 dodge 2500-thanks