Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dodge Ram Lighting and Electrical Problems

Comments

• KCRam@EdmundsKCRam@Edmunds Mt. Arlington NJPosts: 3,496
    All those items are controlled by the body/interior control module... that would be the next thing to check.

kcram - Pickups/Wagons/Vans+Minivans Host

KCRam - Pickups/Wagons/Vans+Minivans Moderator

• thanks for the info, Do you have any idea where i can locate that on my truck...
    That would need to be checked by a shop that can run diagnostics on the computers.

• Hi, I briefly read over your entry and I immediately knew what this issue is what that is casuing your problem. If your talking about turning on the left turn signal and the right side comes on and vice versa and it does all kinds of wacky stuff... Let me just put your mind at ease... It is in the turn signal controller and fortunately I just bougt my truck and it was under warranty... I took it back to carmax and they replaced it free of charge, and about 3 weeks later I got a letter from dodge stating that there is a recall on this component and needs to be fixed immediately and if yo paid to have it fixed send them the reciepts and they will reimburse you... So, hopefully this info was helpful and NOT too late. Check the recalls, and call Dodge... I don't have this info with me but believe me it will be well worth it to have them fix this issue.
  • I have a 2004 dodge ram 3500. I believe water got in the door and got on/in one of the door latch actuators, burning it out and sending a signal to the other latch actuators which also burned then out. My rear doors were frozen (I couldn't even manually unlock them) and my passenger front door would lift the lock up when the door handle was pulled out, and lock when the door handle was pushed down. My driver door would open manually with the key. So I replaced all of the door latch actuators except for the front driver side door (I had to stick I thin piece of wood down the door panel and manually open the rear doors). Now all of the doors will unlock and lock manually, but they will only unlock with the power locks and keyless entry, minus the driver side front door. They will not lock with the power locks or keyless entry. If the doors are unlocked, i have to manually lock them all, except for the driver front door. The driver front door will respond to the powerlocks, both to lock and unlock. Its the other 3 doors that are the problem. All of the fuses are fine. Someone said something to me about there being a lock box or lock control unit that might be burnt out? But I don't know where this is located. Also, the power seats aren't working. I'm not sure if this is related or not, but it happened at the same time as the locks going bad. Any advice or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
  • yea, so my 04 ram 1500 has no power to anything electrical at all, but the red security light is on when my key is turned off. anyone have any ideas
    Sounds like the security system's kill switch has been activated. Follow the normal instructions for resetting; if that doesn't work, you may need assistance from the dealer.

• What are the normal instructions for resetting it? is there a chance that it could be my ECU or does it sound more like the security system?
    If you have the factory security system (Sentry), the instructions should be in your owner's manual folder. Otherwise, the dealership should be able to assist.

If it were an ECU failure, you'd have likely gotten Check Engine lights because the battery would still be functioning. A kill switch disconnects all battery power to prevent the vehicle from being driven.

• jshields555jshields555 Posts: 4
    edited March 2012
    so would that explain the red light on the dash and the buzzing sound I got when the key was turned off and out? it was a solid red light on the lower right corner between the speedometer and oil pressure, and it was buzzing until it drained the battery overnight, it didn't blink at all like it said in all the references in the manual.
    Verify in your owner's manual (the dashboard section) which light it was and what the manual says it means. That will give you something to work with.

• ok so now, I got my BCM to reset and restore itself, and got my truck to run and start and all electronics were functioning, I drove it around a bit last night, and started it 4 or 5 times...now this morning i tried starting it, the key turned on and everything worked fine then i went to crank it over, and it just made a clicking noise and everything shut off again.
    That sounds like you've got a short or a bad connection somewhere... that could be tough to trace in the driveway... probably requires a trip to the dealer.

• djvickdjvick Posts: 1
    the front control module is connected to the p.d.b.(fuse box). Take the fuse box off and it will be connected to the side of it with 4 screws.
  • rawramrawram Posts: 3
    My ram has been having an idling problem and started to shut off. I pulled the ingniton run only fuse 30amp and it idles normal and doesn't shut off. I replaced it but it still does it. Anyone know what it could be?
  • try to locate the abs module behind the batter diconnect the nig side of battery unplug the abs module blow it out with an air hose let it dry for awhile then plug it in and hook battery up and see if it fixes the problem
  • any luck with this problem?
  • 2010 2500 6.7 diesel. dead batteries after truck sits day or two. first indication opening driver
    door message center say's key in igniton but it is not bell ringing aswif it is. batteries have been
    replaced alternator has been evaluated
  • i am having the same problem, today was the second time to the dealer and today they said they could find nothing wrong, first time they replaced a sensor for the trailer lights, if you or anyone gets a fix please let me know
  • Latest fix by dealer was to replace module in dash. Also they individually
    flashed all other modules. Was advised there was a service order pertaining
    to the modules. Do not know witch ones. Truck has sat for three days I have
    checked it each day and have not had problems. My trailer sensor was also
    replaced approximately two month prior to problems