Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Avalon Lease Questions

Comments

• Hi kyfdx, car_man and everybody else,

I am looking to lease a '09 Avalon Limited in NY.
    The MSRP for the model is $35,185.
    I would like a 36 month lease.
    I need 10K miles per year.
    I do not want to put down any money.

What aproximately will my monthly payments look like?

Thank you in advance!
    Andy
  • 12/5/08

What are the incenetives for a Avalon? Looking to lease for 36x12k
  • Hi Andy. Unfortunately, Toyota is not currently providing any lease support on the 2009 Avalon in your area. As a result, if you want to lease one through Toyota Financial Services right now, you will have to use its standard lease program. TFS' current buy rate standard lease money factor is .00295 for consumers who qualify for its "Tier 1+" credit tier. That's equivalent to an interest rate of around 7%.

TFS' current 36 month, 12,000 mile per year residual value for an '09 Avalon is 53%. The problem with this resid is that unlike most banks, TFS places restrictions upon what options can be residualized. It is so complicated to calculate vehicles' dollar residual values that it actually provides dealers with lists of the actual dollar residual values for the units that they have in inventory rather than having them calculate them on their own. That leaves little hope for consumers to work up accurate lease payments by themselves.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hi toyoman8. Are you interested in a 2008 or a 2009 Avalon? Toyota is not currently providing any incentives on the '09 model, but it does have support on the '08 model in certain areas. Toyota's incentives vary depending upon which one of its twelve regions one is in. If you tell me what state you are in, I can give you an idea of what the incentives on the '08 model are in your neck of the woods right now.

Please see my previous post for an idea of what the '09 Avalon's lease program is currently like.

Car_man
    Host
  • jmailjmail Posts: 19
    Carman,

Do you have the money factor and residuals for the 2010 xls (no nav) for a 36 month lease? I don't have the mileage per year, so I would love to get the numbers for both 12k and 15k leases.

Thanks!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi jmail. While Toyota is providing generous cash incentives and 0% financing for up to five years on the 2010 Avalon right now, interestingly I don't believe that it is providing any lease support on it.

That means if you were to lease one through Toyota Financial Services, you would have to use its standard lease money factor. The last time that I checked, TFS' standard buy rate was around .00255 for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Tier 1+" credit tier.

TFS' first quarter residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Avalon XLS with 15,,000 miles per year is 58%. Its residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year is 2% higher.

The problem with these residuals are that they are for base vehicles, without any options. Unlike most banks, TFS places restrictions upon what options can be residualized and caps on the ones that it allows. These restrictions not only make it difficult for consumers to work up payments on Toyota models on their own, but they also make vehicles' real world residuals lower than the published percentages appear.

Car_man
    Host
  • iamknottiamknott Posts: 82
    The three-year lease on my 2007 Avalon is ending and I am in the process of negotiating a lease on a 2011. According to the dealer's quote, the monthly payments on a four-year lease would be about $40 lower than those on a three-year lease. That sounded attractive, but I wondered whether (four years from now) the leasing company would make any allowance on the end-of-lease inspection for the additional tire wear. The last thing I want to do is buy four new tires for a car I am turning in.

The Toyota salesman and the leasing company's customer service rep both said less remaining tread would be required, but the guy from the inspection service (contractor to the leasing company) said that wasn't true. According to him, the leasing company demands a minimum of 3/32" of tread regardless of mileage or length of lease.

Anyone have any experience with this?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,179
    The contractor is correct.. The tires will have to meet the minimum standard, regardless of the length of your lease..

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• iamknottiamknott Posts: 82
    Thanks for your response.

I guess my next question is why the Michelins are that worn after only 26,000 miles, but that's a subject for another forum.
  • docmridocmri Posts: 25
    Car Man,
    While pricing out the ACura, Infiniti, Honda etc (with your help) for my wife the Toyota Avalon has showed up on my radar. Has all the features I wants as standard in its Avalon Limited.

can you tell me the MF's and RV's of the Avalon Limited (2011) for 36/12 36/10 (if available)
    Thanks

Dan (the car man fan)
    Thanks Dan :blush: .

I don't believe that Toyota is currently providing any lease support on the 2011 Avalon. As a result, if you were to lease one through Toyota Financial Services right now, you would have to use its standard lease program. TFS' current buy rate standard lease money factor is .00235 for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Tier I+" credit tier.

TFS' current residual value for a 36 month, 12,000 mile per year lease of a base 2011 Avalon is 59%. The problem with this residual is that TFS places restrictions upon what options can be residualized. This makes its real-world residual values lower than its published percentages initially appear. It also makes it difficult for individual consumers to calculate accurate lease payments on specific vehicles on their own.

Car_man
    Host
  • Car_Man,

Would you be so kind as to post the current residual and money factor for an '11 Avalon Limited, 36-month 15,000.

Thank you,
    Hello millemiglia. Toyota's lease program varies by region. In most regions its June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Avalon Limited with 15,000 miles per year are .00100 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka Tier 1+ credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • Looks like the 2013 Avalon is starting to show up at dealers now. Anyone have lease info yet?
  • romil01romil01 Posts: 75
    Car_Man,

Looking for numbers on the new 2013 Avalon Limited (non-hybrid) for 15K/year, 36 months.
  • Hi romil01. Toyota is not providing lease support on the 2013 Avalon yet. As a result, if you were to lease one through Toyota Financial Services, you would have to use its standard lease program. The last time I checked, Toyota Financial Services' buy rate standard lease money factor was .00180 for Tier 1+ customers.

TFS' 36 month / 15k residual value for the '13 Avalon Limited is 60%, though that's for a base vehicle without options.

Car_man
    Host
  • Car_man, thanks for all your helpful advice to others. I've been lurking and know the kind of valuable info you provide.

I'm looking to either purchase or lease a '13 Avalon Hybrid Touring model with Entune/XM, Sunroof, Leather seats w/memory. MSRP is $38,339, I'm getting quoted $36,839.

Do you know how this compares?

Thanks in advance,
    Ryan
  • johngf1johngf1 Posts: 37
    Looking for a '13 avalon premium for a good price but it seems that few '13's are available and the dealer is asking top dollar. Considering that there are so few 2013 models I guess it would be better to wait until the '14's arrive which s/b in Sept - Oct timeframe. I wanted to drive a new Avalon or ES350 to Florida but it'll have to wait untiul next year.
  • Drove a 2013 XLE Premium yesterday. It was a very nice car. I actually prefer it over the 2013 Lexus ES 350. It costs a bit less for similar options and the interior was actually higher quality than the one in the Lexus. I would be looking at a Touring or Limited if I were to lease one, though. Still can't seem to get any info on current MF or residuals for this vehicle.
  • interior was actually higher quality than the one in the Lexus? are you being serious right now?
  • No joke. The ES 350 was really cheap and the leather in the back seat was already wrinkled. It was the most pathetic $44K car I have ever seen. I drove it back-to-back with a GS 350 and the GS 350 had the nicest interior of any car I have ever been in. I kid you not, the Avalon's interior is nicer than the ES 350...most car reviewers have said the same thing.
  • sounds like were you in the nu luxe wannabe leather es350 seats. the genuine leather es350 seats do not have 1 wrinkle in them.i respect your opinion on the avalon,but the lexus's real wood on the dash and steering wheel alone puts it over the avalon for me anyday!
  • Maybe, but I am pretty sure it had actual leather, especially at the $44K price point. To each their own. To me, the ES 350 felt like a cheap imitation of the GS 350...the quality of the materials was lower and it didn't gel together into a cohesive look.
  • of course the es isnt as polished as the GS or even the LS.many can't afford a GS. but the es's ive seen at 2 car shows been beyond phenomenal.guess your right,to each his own
  • I concur, the Avalon is hands-down a better value than the ES. The GS is in a league of its own and not comparable to the other two. Toyota sales person admitted that they will be pulling away sales from Lexus with the Avalon.

I ended up leasing a '13 hybrid recent from Acton Toyota and couldn't be happier.
  • pandtpandt Posts: 3
    Hey Car_man,

First off, you have unknowingly assisted me in effectively leasing three vehicles, thanks!

Okay on to our upcoming fourth vehicle:

1. Any new info on Toyota financing residual and MF for a Avalon Touring 36 months, 15K.
    2. Any new info on Toyota financing residual and MF for a Avalon Premium 36 months, 15K.
    3. Can you shed some light on the Toyota #1 for Everyone sales event.

Looking to make a move within the next month. Thanks!
  • shellzshellz Posts: 34
    Hello Car Man,

Thank you for providing the rates on the MKZ. I am also looking at the Avalon Hybrid.

Do you have the 3 year, 12k miles a year money factor and residual for the Avalon Hybrid in Texas?

Thanks again.
  • Hi, can u please post MF and rv for 2013 avalon hybrid limited 36 mo. 15k in New York, please?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,179
    I'm sorry... we don't have any useful info on Toyota lease numbers for October..

regards,
    kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• nodtknodtk Posts: 8

Any 2014 Avalon Limited lease MF and residual for NJ? 3 yrs/36k miles. Thanks!