Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Avalon Lease Questions

Comments

• thilmonythilmony Posts: 2
    Looking for what I should expect at the dealership for an Avalon for money factors, residual. Thanks
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Hi thilmony. Toyota's lease program for the Avalon varies quite a bit by region. If you let me know what state you are in I can try to find out what its current program is like in your area. Also make sure to tell me how long you want to lease for and what mileage allowance you need.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hey Car Man - thanks for the reply. I'm in MN, 36 months, 15k.
  • hey Car_Man,

I am in Atlanta and need MF and Residual for 2008 Avalon Limited.

term = 36

Mileage = 12,000

Many Thanks.
  • You're welcome, thilmony. Toyota is not currently providing any lease support on the 2007 Avalon in your area. As a result, if you were to lease one through Toyota Financial Services right now, you would have to use its standard lease program. I believe that TFS' buy rate standard lease money factor varies by region, but it will probably be around .00275 to .00285 for consumers who qualify for its Tier 1+ credit tier. TFS' current 36 month, 15,000 mile per year residual value for the base 2007 Avalon is 53%. The problem is that Toyota places restrictions upon which options can be residualized, so it is difficult to calculate its actual dollar residual values for models.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi David. I believe that you are in Toyota's Southeast region. Instead of running leases through Toyota Financial Services like the rest of the country, Southeast Toyota has its own finance company. Unfortunately, I have not seen SE Toyota's lease program for the Avalon recently. Sorry that I could not be of more help.

Car_man
    Host
  • pt109spt109s Posts: 7
    hello,

i know this post is over a year since you leased your avalon, but did your 0 down include zero down in taxes as well? i have been shopping the avalon around and im at 450 with nothing down including no tax down for 36 months 12k a year, on an XL! i know money factors change, but i cant believe they would change this much that id have to pay 450 for an xl.

if you got an xls for 475 no money down including no tax, then you did fantastic, let me know. thanks

paul
  • Dear Car_Man.

Do you know what the current rate (money factor, residual, etc) is for Toyota Avalon (Base mode) lease would be with the following:

3 Year lease, 12K miles
    This is for the SF Bay Area in California.

Thanks a lot!
    Hi alexnyc8888. I don't believe that Toyota is currently providing lease support on the Avalon. If that is indeed the case and you were to lease one through Toyota Financial Services, you would have to use its standard lease money factor, which the last time that I checked was around .00265 for consumers who qualify for its Tier 1+ credit tier.

TFS' current residual value for a 36 month lease of an '08 Avalon with 12,000 miles per year is 55%. Keep in mind though that unlike most banks TFS places restrictions upon what options can be residualized, making it difficult to calculate what its actual dollar residual values for specific units are.

Car_man
    Host
  • Is it just me or does the current Avalon XLS lease offering of $409 per month, 12000/yr/36 months seem high? Oh, and it's a 2008 with $2499 cap reduction. my location is the Florida panhandle. Thanks.
  • Hi kyfdx, car_man and everybody else,

I am looking to lease a '09 Avalon Limited in NY.
    The MSRP for the model is $35,185.
    I would like a 36 month lease.
    I need 10K miles per year.
    I do not want to put down any money.

What aproximately will my monthly payments look like?

Thank you in advance!
    Andy
  • 12/5/08

What are the incenetives for a Avalon? Looking to lease for 36x12k
  • Hi Andy. Unfortunately, Toyota is not currently providing any lease support on the 2009 Avalon in your area. As a result, if you want to lease one through Toyota Financial Services right now, you will have to use its standard lease program. TFS' current buy rate standard lease money factor is .00295 for consumers who qualify for its "Tier 1+" credit tier. That's equivalent to an interest rate of around 7%.

TFS' current 36 month, 12,000 mile per year residual value for an '09 Avalon is 53%. The problem with this resid is that unlike most banks, TFS places restrictions upon what options can be residualized. It is so complicated to calculate vehicles' dollar residual values that it actually provides dealers with lists of the actual dollar residual values for the units that they have in inventory rather than having them calculate them on their own. That leaves little hope for consumers to work up accurate lease payments by themselves.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi toyoman8. Are you interested in a 2008 or a 2009 Avalon? Toyota is not currently providing any incentives on the '09 model, but it does have support on the '08 model in certain areas. Toyota's incentives vary depending upon which one of its twelve regions one is in. If you tell me what state you are in, I can give you an idea of what the incentives on the '08 model are in your neck of the woods right now.

Please see my previous post for an idea of what the '09 Avalon's lease program is currently like.

Car_man
    Host
  • jmailjmail Posts: 19
    Carman,

Do you have the money factor and residuals for the 2010 xls (no nav) for a 36 month lease? I don't have the mileage per year, so I would love to get the numbers for both 12k and 15k leases.

Thanks!
    Hi jmail. While Toyota is providing generous cash incentives and 0% financing for up to five years on the 2010 Avalon right now, interestingly I don't believe that it is providing any lease support on it.

That means if you were to lease one through Toyota Financial Services, you would have to use its standard lease money factor. The last time that I checked, TFS' standard buy rate was around .00255 for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Tier 1+" credit tier.

TFS' first quarter residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Avalon XLS with 15,,000 miles per year is 58%. Its residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year is 2% higher.

The problem with these residuals are that they are for base vehicles, without any options. Unlike most banks, TFS places restrictions upon what options can be residualized and caps on the ones that it allows. These restrictions not only make it difficult for consumers to work up payments on Toyota models on their own, but they also make vehicles' real world residuals lower than the published percentages appear.

Car_man
    Host
  • iamknottiamknott Posts: 82
    The three-year lease on my 2007 Avalon is ending and I am in the process of negotiating a lease on a 2011. According to the dealer's quote, the monthly payments on a four-year lease would be about $40 lower than those on a three-year lease. That sounded attractive, but I wondered whether (four years from now) the leasing company would make any allowance on the end-of-lease inspection for the additional tire wear. The last thing I want to do is buy four new tires for a car I am turning in.

The Toyota salesman and the leasing company's customer service rep both said less remaining tread would be required, but the guy from the inspection service (contractor to the leasing company) said that wasn't true. According to him, the leasing company demands a minimum of 3/32" of tread regardless of mileage or length of lease.

Anyone have any experience with this?
  • kyfdx%40Edmundskyfdx%40Edmunds Posts: 25,856
    The contractor is correct.. The tires will have to meet the minimum standard, regardless of the length of your lease..

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• iamknottiamknott Posts: 82
    Thanks for your response.

I guess my next question is why the Michelins are that worn after only 26,000 miles, but that's a subject for another forum.
  • docmridocmri Posts: 21
    Car Man,
    While pricing out the ACura, Infiniti, Honda etc (with your help) for my wife the Toyota Avalon has showed up on my radar. Has all the features I wants as standard in its Avalon Limited.

can you tell me the MF's and RV's of the Avalon Limited (2011) for 36/12 36/10 (if available)
    Thanks

Dan (the car man fan)