Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Avalon Lease Questions

124»

Comments

• Michaell said:

cincy6225 said:

I went to the dealer today in Cincinnati ohio. They had the residual different from everything that is on this forum. They told me the residual was 67% on 24 month 12k miles a year on Avalon Hybrid. They also said there is zero lease cash available, and they also were using the low MSRP to calculate the residual. All lease calculators I find say to find residual you use top number plus whatever the factory installed options are. The sales manage told me this is how Toyota does it. The car stickered for $45,203 with the options but the amount they used for the residual was $41,650 called Low MSRP.... Is this a Toyota practice?

Toyota practice is almost impossible to decipher. Regional numbers, different methods of residualizing options. Makes it quite difficult for us poor hosts to give good advice.
    Michael I believe this is absolutely absurd. The sales manager told me they always use the "low msrp". I say bs.... that would mean that the same Avalon with out the $4000 in factory added options would lease better than one with options. These dealerships and the scum they have working for them really make buying a card a horrible experience. They wonder why they are some of the most hated people of all professions. I am going to call another Toyota dealer tomorrow and see if I get the same answer. I believe he was just mad for the simple fact I had all my information ready to go.. Residual, MF, and what I wanted to pay for the car. Oh well
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 6,400
    cincy6225 said:

Michaell said:

cincy6225 said:

I went to the dealer today in Cincinnati ohio. They had the residual different from everything that is on this forum. They told me the residual was 67% on 24 month 12k miles a year on Avalon Hybrid. They also said there is zero lease cash available, and they also were using the low MSRP to calculate the residual. All lease calculators I find say to find residual you use top number plus whatever the factory installed options are. The sales manage told me this is how Toyota does it. The car stickered for $45,203 with the options but the amount they used for the residual was $41,650 called Low MSRP.... Is this a Toyota practice?

Toyota practice is almost impossible to decipher. Regional numbers, different methods of residualizing options. Makes it quite difficult for us poor hosts to give good advice.
    Michael I believe this is absolutely absurd. The sales manager told me they always use the "low msrp". I say bs.... that would mean that the same Avalon with out the $4000 in factory added options would lease better than one with options. These dealerships and the scum they have working for them really make buying a card a horrible experience. They wonder why they are some of the most hated people of all professions. I am going to call another Toyota dealer tomorrow and see if I get the same answer. I believe he was just mad for the simple fact I had all my information ready to go.. Residual, MF, and what I wanted to pay for the car. Oh well
    You are doing the right thing by going to a different dealer. I can tell you that other manufacturers lease programs are not this difficult to decipher.

It's almost as if Toyota discourages leasing, though the numbers I see are very competitive.

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• nonpulsednonpulsed Posts: 10
    Hi, Looking for Money Factor and Residual on 2014 Avalon Hybrid Touring in So California 24 months 15,000 miles and 36 months 15,000 miles. Also, any lease cash this month?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,849
    nonpulsed said:

Hi, Looking for Money Factor and Residual on 2014 Avalon Hybrid Touring in So California 24 months 15,000 miles and 36 months 15,000 miles. Also, any lease cash this month?

.00027 MF and 56% residual for 36mo, 15K/yr

.00001 MF and 66% residual for 24mo, 15K/yr.

No lease cash.

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

124»