Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford 2001 Heavy Duty F-250

timmctimmc Posts: 1
edited March 6 in Ford
Can anyone tell me when the 2001 Ford Heavy Duty
F-250 is due to start production?

Tim

Comments

• bowhuntwibowhuntwi Posts: 262
    www.deisel.com I also heard rumors they were shutting down the 2000 year on July 28th.
  • Two different dealers here in Georgia told me that the factory would shut down 28 July for vacation, maintenance, and retooling, and start back up on 28 August with the 2001 production models.
  • tymtym Posts: 1
    I'm trying to get an idea of the fuel mileage of 1998 or newer F250 V-8 and V-10 pickups from owners.
  • bowhuntwibowhuntwi Posts: 262
    F250 00 CC 5.4 4.10LS 265s HD Suspension 4x4 just got over 1000 miles on it, in city with mixed driving I get around 12.5, on the highway I get right around 15 loaded. I'm not complaining.
  • First, I tried to order a F250 SD Crewcab 4x4 with the V10 and a 3.73 Limited Slip. Dealer came back and said I would have to either take an open diff, a 4.30 or order the diesel to get the 3.73 Limited. Anyone own the new turbo diesel, whats the noise level at cruise?, also does anyone know what the new 2001 will have over the 2000?
  • redufo2redufo2 Posts: 13
    Truckfreak, ordered and took del. 11-12-99 of the truck you spoke about. It the limited slip was still an option at that time.
  • heimyheimy Posts: 13
    My 2000 F250 with V10 seems to average about 11 mpg. I'm kind of a lead-foot. 3.73 rear end, ext. cab, short box, big 295 tires, 4x4. Ordered June '99, received Feb. '00. I love this truck.
  • folivierfolivier Posts: 1
    Does anyone have a 1999 or 2000 F-250 SD Crew Cab SB with a 5.4 V-8 and 3.73 Limited Slip rear end? What type of Highway mileage are you getting.
  • rrichfrrichf Posts: 212
    truckfreak,
    Regarding Super Duty cab noise level from the 7.3L diesel and using the A/C. (I wear two hearing aids and my wife wears one in her right ear.) The only noise measurement that is quantitative is the radio volume control.

In town typically 3 1/2 bars.
    On the road at 65 MPH, 5 bars. When wife want to hear a bit better on the road, 6-7 bars.

Rich
  • I am looking to buy a 250 sd 4x4 extended cab,long bed. I am wondering about the projected gas milage versus the v-8. Is the extra $4000 for the diesel worth the money. I,m planning on keeping the truck for many years.
  • 2001f2502001f250 Posts: 1
    This is what Ford sent me for the 2001 SDs.

- Trademark attributes such as power, capability and amenities are
    improved for the new model year as evidenced by the horsepower increase
    in the 7.3L diesel engine (from 235 to 250), standard trailer tow
    package across all trims, and the availability of both chrome tubular
    cab steps and an in-dash 6-disc changer.

- Improved fuel economy by addition of valance air dam (Late
    Availability)
    - Child tethers standard on all seats (Late Availability)
    - New seat sew style on XLT and Lariat seats
    - New colors added:
    Dark Highland Green Clearcoat Metallic
    Toreador Red Clearcoat Metallic
    True Blue Clearcoat Metallic
    - Power mirrors standard on XLT
    - New chrome steel wheels standard on XLT
    - Fog lamps standard on XLT and Lariat trims
    - Color keyed bodyside moldings on XLT and Lariat trims
    - Reverse vehicle aid sensor available on XLT and
    - Heated seats available on Lariat trims
    - 265/75Rx16E BSW all-season tires standard on Lariat trim
  • naumancnaumanc Posts: 1
    Regarding the 2001 options, The improved fuel economy by addition of valance air dam (Late
    Availability) sounds good. I hope it looks OK.

It was also nice to know that Ford finally added Fog Lamps to the SuperDuty. That has been a long overdue feature.

I have a new 2000 F-250 Lariat SuperDuty 4x4 with the V-10 engine on order. I believe that the lumbar support for the captain's chair passenger seat is not available. After speaking with Ford Engineering, the passenger captains chair is identified by assembly drawing as a with and w/o lumbar feature. Even more confusing is that the Excursion Limited does offer the passenger lumbar feature. Anyone know about this issue?
  • demunsondemunson Posts: 1
    Don't the 2000 SD 250 Lariat come with the lumbar support as a default? It is the knob on the side of the seat. Was playing with it today.

P.S. 12.7 miles per gallon @ 10k miles.
  • 2001sd12001sd1 Posts: 2
    Is there any news regarding V8 or V10 engines.
    Are the diesels really as bad as I have been reading?
    How do you get 2001 info from Ford?
    Thanks for the help.
  • bigsnagbigsnag Posts: 394
    I guess you meant bad as in bad-a$$. The powerstrokes are truly awesome motors. The only thing that sucks about them is the initial cost. The are very powerful, great on fuel, and have pretty low maintenance costs, on average.
  • mike9630mike9630 Posts: 10
    the bigger engine will always give you better milage on the highway. keep in mind that it takes less rpm's to pull 8500 gvw+ with a bigger engine. to the guy with the ford spec's you better look again, the horsepower on the powerstroke is already 250 the horsepower is going to 300 with a 6spd manual trans. as far as noise levels, if you have an 99.5 to 2000 model you should see your dealer there is an technical service bullitan on replacing the #8 injector with what navistar calls a long lead injector it quites this motor down alot. tsb # 00-10-01 takes less than a day to do the work and is well worth the down time
  • modvptnlmodvptnl Posts: 1,352
    I don't understand your comment. The motor has nothing to do with RPM's on the highway. It's how the vehicle is geared. If both vehicles have the same rear end ratio and tranny(I realize the diesel has a 6 speed available but the I believe the OD's are very close.) then won't the RPM's be the same at any given speed?
  • 2001sd12001sd1 Posts: 2
    Mike
    is the diesel much more fuel efficient?
    what has been your experience with dependability?
    where did you get the 2001 info/
    Thanks for your help.
  • chadb5chadb5 Posts: 2
    Check What Specs? The Powerstroke does not have 250 HP until the 2001 year. All others have only 235 HP and 500 Ft.lbs. Where did you come up with these "Specs"? Going to 300 HP on a six speed mannual tranny? I don't think so. Ford lists no literature on the power increase for 2001 other then going from 235 HP to 250 HP. If you really know something that Ford isn't even telling the Large-volume dealers why don't you back-it-up and let the rest of us know where you discovered it. This would be excellent news if I knew it was true.
  • tanrattanrat Posts: 2
    THE POWERSTROKE IS RATED AT 250 HORSE AT THE
    CRANKSHAFT BY INTERNATIONAL WITH NO ACCESSORIES.
    FORD RATES THE HORSEPOWER WITH ALL ACCESSORIES
    ON AND ENDS UP WITH 235.BY ACCESSORIES I MEAN
    ALT.AC,POWER STEERING PUMP,CLUTCH FAN.IF THE 2001
    GOES TO 250 YOU CAN SEE WHAT YOUR GETTING.
This discussion has been closed.