Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Land Cruiser Navigation System

Comments

• navguynavguy Posts: 61
    If there is no disc... yes that is an issue. The part number on the disc is 86271-33034; GEN 2/3 V5.1. No matter what just be sure the disc you get has 86271-3303#... the three is the key identifier.
  • I just bought the Landcruiser (January 2007) and they still do not give any map for Greece. I see that your messages is older. Did you find any solution?
    Thanks.
  • I have a 2004 Prius that started giving me error messages and system not connected in Oct., 2006. Went to dealer and they want $4000 to put in a replacement. Bought a Polaroid that has the same size screen and also plays DVD for $400 and is more accurate in Yuma, AZ. The only problem is I cannot control my defrosters or Ac. The defrosrers are a safety problem and I am working on legally getting Toyota to fix it as they claim in their TSB Multi-display Functions inoperative Bulletin - EL002-5 that this problem is in the Highlander, Land Cruiser and Prius and cant be repaired but need a fix they came up with that will resolve the problem but you need to pay $4000 if the car has more than 30,000 miles. this electronic gadget is not mileage related and I feel the Dealer shold fix it no charge or a minimal charge. I dont want to pay $4000 to be able to turn on my defrosters or radio. Peteaz8
  • I got a 2004 Prius and started having problems in Oct.2006. Had 60,000 miles and they wanted $4000 to replace it. Went to Sam's Club and bought a better display for $400. Its a Polaroid and plays DVD's also. Problem is i can't control the defrosters, AC or Radio or Tape or CD. Don't figure on paying $4000 to turn my defrosters or AC on. Am going to fight this under Lemon Law and or other legal means. Too bad as we love our Piuis but the dealers are something else. Peteaz8
  • steverstever YooperlandPosts: 40,421
    Hi Pete, welcome. You probably should head over to the Prius group and find a similar discussion there; perhaps the Toyota Prius Dash & Instrumentation Questions one.

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• boorugboorug Posts: 3
    Where would be the best place to purchase the disc? Thanks again for your help.
  • fashfash Posts: 1
    Hi,

I have a 1999 LC 100 series imported from Japan and the navigation system is in Japanese, is there any language selection option?
    Aside from learnin Japanese , what can i do??
    Thx
    Fash
  • navguynavguy Posts: 61
    You can either purchase one new from a Toyota dealership or pick one up on ebay. The Toyota part number is 00110-DVD06-CY. Shop around for the best price!
  • is it a 2 piece system with a seperate gps computer? if so you may be able to switch whole computer and map data to usa version. usa land cruisers didnt have nav until 2001 and it was first year of dvd based maps. 98 to 2000 lexus had hard drive based computer. so it depends on whewther the 99 lc has actual factory jdm unit or just one iof those adzest aftermarket units common in japan. so if the nav has toyota 10 digit part number comnputer it can be updated with like plug in and play model. the 2 pice computer is mounted under the passenger seat on 2001 models.
  • i dont think replacing a 15000.00 list price system with a 400.00 one was not the best choice. the best choice would have been to get a 2005 screen from a salvage yard. none of the 2005 have that problem. a used screen would be around 500.00 to 750.00 and would get you the use of your 15,000.00 system back again. the extrea 2 to 400.00 more it would have cost for a used 2005 replacement screen will be more than made up at sale time . you will take a big loss if you try to sell it with the 400.00 nav system. future 2nd hand buyers will want the original equipment working if you want top dollar at resale time.
  • here is the non dealer response to your question. the latest disk for your 2001 land cruiser with computer 86841 -50010 is a 2007 genration 2 ,3 disc . this disc is not available aT THE TOYOTA DEALER YET ONLY A LEXUS DEALER. TOYOTA HAS NO PLANS TO RELEASE IT YET . THE 2007 MODEL YEAR 6.1 MAP DISC.(ITS ALWAYS A YEAR BEHIND THE MODEL YEAR)has the toyota part number is 86271-22045 . the dealer accesory PT number which only is printed on the bubble wrap package is not even on the actual disc and is not the toyota part number.
  • Toyota does not have Greece as a priority and even that their sales reps make promises, they simply care only for the sale and do not intend to keep their promises. I have bought a Landcruiser in 2004 and have a history of emails that date back to 2004 with Toyota. Their excuse is that it is beyond their control and they do not give any date for inclusion of Greece to navigation maps. Very dissapointing given that all other companies now include Greek maps in their products... :mad:
  • rapsraps Posts: 2
    I have a 2000 LC 100VX witha built in Japanese EMV navigation system. Is there any way of converting it to english?
  • rapsraps Posts: 2
    Hi Fash, Did you have any luck converting your nav system to english? I have the same problem.
    Thx, Raps
  • syl1syl1 Posts: 6
    I have a 2001 LC. To upgrade to a more recent version of the map DVD disc, is it just a matter of popping the old disc out and inserting the new disc OR additional steps are needed to reset the system/update the programs to work with the new disc? Thanks.
  • navguy1navguy1 Posts: 181
    Just insert the new disc after eject the old map disc. The part number on the disc should be 86271-3303X - the higher the last digit the more recent the disc. Version 6.1 (86271-33036) was released in January of this year.
  • pjc1pjc1 Posts: 72
    Does anyone know how to eliminate all the icons from the nav? I traveled to Chicago a week ago and there were so many icons for restaurants and places of interest that I could not read the street names. I am having a hard time using this system....
  • chomp1chomp1 Posts: 1
    HI, can anyone assist in getting some technical information (mechanical alignment/repair info) for a Fujitsu Ten. Toyota 08662-00900. Thanks
  • steelcruisersteelcruiser Posts: 402
    Press POI and that shoud turn the icons off.
  • mdsdmdsd Posts: 26
    Does anyone know how to bypass the security system so that i can punch in addresses /new locations while driving, but still leaving the watching of DVD functional only in park ???

thanks,

MDSD
  • Hi,I have just bought a 2002 LC and wondered if the dvd 4.2 would upgrade my maps.Thanks very much.Gw
    Does anyone know how to bypass the security system so that i can punch in addresses /new locations while driving, but still leaving the watching of DVD functional only in park ??? Also, how do I make the vehicle alarm chirp when enabling and disabling it ???

thanks,

MDSD
  • landman1landman1 Posts: 1
    Same issue, what was your solution?

Thanks!
  • jslate1jslate1 Posts: 2
    to landman1; we were lucky. wife travels a lot via landcruiser, so mileage warranty was over by 2,000 miles, though landcruiser was only two and a half years old. i called toyota of America, and they in turn called the dealer, and we had the navigation system replaced at no cost to us. the original replacement quote was $5,000 dollars. because they stood by their product, we continue to by toyota.
  • frannlyfrannly Posts: 1
    We bought a used 2004 Landcruiser and want to update the nav system. Where is the disc located?
  • greetings from Australia, i have a current model Sahara landcruiser with a Fujitsu ten 08662-00900 which must be similar to yours. just wondering if you had success with the questions you asked. i would like to know the button sequence to enter the settings mode to disable the motion sensor so it can be used while travelling. it can be done as i have done it before but can not remember button sequence to activate. does anyone have this information>??
    Sorry....I am still waiting for someone to help out on this matter....if you find the answer please inform me...thanks !!!

MDSD
    Under the front passenger seat. Access the navigation computer from the rear door after sliding the seat all the way forward.
    V4.2 is a GEN 4 DVD map disc which is not compatible with your vehicle. The 2002 LC is a GEN 2/3 system.
  • i know it can bedone and quite easy but the local techos in Australia wont part with the info due to legal reasons. Time will tell so stay in touch