Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Land Cruiser Navigation System

Comments

• dwightadwighta Posts: 1
    I have a TLC 2006 with about 60k miles, and the navigation is intergrated in with the climate controls. The navigation system loses where I am all the time - it started off just once in a while - but now it is about 50% of the time the map thinks we are hundreds of miles from where we really are - is this the similar experience you had - and if so sending the ECU unit from under the seat seemed to work?
  • mdsdmdsd Posts: 26
    you have to make sure to pick the right zip code and city so that the nav can really know where you are at the time.....
  • dtgdtgdtgdtg Posts: 1
    I'm having the same issue with my '04 Land Cruiser. Any idea how to remove REAR OFF? Thanks
  • SYMBOLS What is the square crossed symbol that appears opposite some motorway junctions please. Also is it possible to get a list/picture of symbols that are not listed in the manual.Thanks
  • May be able to help if you tell me when and where the REAR OFF appears
  • I haven't used this product, so I can' t comment on the quality or durability of it. I just ordered this Nav screen protective film, as the surface coating on my screen is wearing off, so I'd like to preserve what's left of it.

Will post a review once i get it. Thought others may be interested too?

http://www.strongengineering.com/onescreenprotectorfits8displayautonavigationsyt- emfortoyotalandcruiser.aspx
  • edy3edy3 Posts: 1
    hello my name is Edy i have a 2004 landcruiser and its giving me the same problem that you had let me now what you did my email is yrmuebles@hotmail.com thanks. the external system is not connected let me now what to do.
  • Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 39,015
    Please don't ask for "personal" help via email. We all benefit when a problem is discussed on the open forum. Thanks.
  • I am having a similar problem with my land cruiser . I had the battery changed then al of a sudden the navigation system and everything attached to it went out. All I get is external system not connected. I am trying to find out if anyone knows how this can be fixed without having to pay 6000 for a new unit.
  • 05landcruiser05landcruiser Posts: 1
    edited February 2010
    I have a 05 LC with an outdated NAV system. My wife has a 07 Lexus RX 350 with a newer updated navigation system. Could I take her disk and insert it into the LC to update mine, or would that mess up my system?
  • The disc has to stay in whatever system you plan on using it in.

If indeed you want to keep her disc in your LC I do not know if there would be compatibility. There is a very knowledgeable guy on this forum with "Nav" in his signon who--I am sure--can answer that.

Just curious, what do you consider outdated about the 05 system? Is it the map data or the interface?
  • Unbelievable! I also have a 2004 Land Cruiser with the navigation problem of external power lost etc. It was recently diagnosed w/ 106,000 miles on it after a trip to the dealership for brake work. To my knowledge nothing was done with the battery. I was also told almost $6,000 for new replacement unit. After going to a non-dealer he was able to locate a pre-owned unit for a cost of $2350 installed w/ 12 month warranty. I still have not pulled the trigger and after reading all of the posts with the same problem, I must say that I am definitely perplexed. Help.....
  • I have lost the satellie radio one two and three display on my nav system. I have a2007 landcruiser and after getting sirius to activate my subscription the satellite one two or three will not come up on the display either from the steering wheel control, the radio control or the voice activation control. ever heard of this nav/guy.
  • Try disconnectiog your battery 4 a minute and it will probably reset your Sirius
  • Anybody know where the nav cd is located? dealer doesn't
  • I just had the EXACT same thing happen to me today. I am sick over it. No one at the dealer had a clue about what to do. I left on the note of they promising to call me in a day or two as they will research the problem.
  • it is in the unit under the front passenger seat. best access is from the back of the seat.
  • cdo863cdo863 Posts: 9
    Got things straightened out today.

The service dept called Denso about the problem, and were told that I had a disc problem. Back in March of 2010, I updated the NAV/DVD with discs I purchased from a Toyota dealer. Apparently, the system needed the original disc in order to reboot and reload properly. Glad I had the original disc from 2003. The system read the old disc (kind of slowly...) and things looked normal. After a few moments, we ejected the 2003 disc and inserted the 2010 disc. Everything worked, all systems are functioning like new. Whew! Thought I would share this information as it might be helpful to someone. Happy New Year.
  • pobajpobaj Posts: 2
    Whilst playing around with navigation maps, I somehow got a Video DVD Disc loaded into the Navigation Map DVD Player.

Since then, all efforts to eject the CD has failed. The screen console is reporting "Unable to read data. Check the map DVD is correct" but selecting the eject icon on the screen does not eject the wrong disc.

Is it possible to get the CD ejected without my having to visit the dealer/garage? Has anyone else had a similar experience that could be of assistance?
  • pobajpobaj Posts: 2
    The vehicle came preset for Saudi Arabia but I am currently in Africa and need to have the "time zone" setting changed from "GMT+3" to "GMT".

Currently, the screen console give only 2 options "GMT+3" and "GMT+4" neither of which is suitable.

Can anyone advice how this can be achieved?