Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Mustang Accessories and Modifications

gmanfordsgmanfords Posts: 3
edited September 4 in Ford
swaping engines from 5.8 to 5.0 h.o engine but oil pan is holding up project. what oil pan can i use to replace 5.0 oil pan so that it won't hit center link.

Comments

• 1969 mustang 5.8 to 1993 5.0 HO engine but oil pan wont work, does anyone have any suggestion on what pan to use.
  • rorrrorr Posts: 3,630
    I'm not sure I'm clear on the issue.

Are you swapping a late model 5.0 HO(302) into a '69 Mustang? If this is the case, then it sounds like you need to get an early style front sump oil pan for a 302.

Or are you swapping a 351 from a '69 Mustang into a '93 chassis? Is it a 351W or 351C?
  • yes i am swapping an 1993 5.0 engine to a 1969 mach1 and the oil pans do not mach, neither dose the oil pump.(sorry for the misunderstanding). but you know i never thought about the fact that i have a 302 and not a 351. thanks for the help
  • rorrrorr Posts: 3,630
    Sounds like a fun swap. You'll also need to get the wiring harness and computer out of the '93 as well as a bunch of other assorted stuff. Does the '93 block bolt up to your trans or did you swap out the trans as well?

You might want to check with one of the many Mustang parts/restoration outfits for advice on swapping a late model drivetrain into a first gen Mustang.
  • sacxivsacxiv Posts: 8
    I have recent installed a re-built 302 Police package engine in a '67 coupe. Car originally had a 289/C4. Transmission ws not rebuilt as there was no problems. Engine ran smooth on dyno but now, installed in the car, there is a vibration. I have replaced the harmonic (and everything elese on the front-end) but the vibrations is still there. Any ideas?
  • riverronriverron Posts: 26
    I take it the 302 is a later model ? If you are still using the C-4 trans the trouble is the "flex plate" btwn the engine and the trans. You have to use the later model flex plate because the late model 302's are balanced differently than the 289 or any earlier model engine
  • ClairesClaires Chicago areaPosts: 979
    Another good place to ask about this is in our Speed Shop: Tuning & Modification Forum.

Need help getting around? claires@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• sacxivsacxiv Posts: 8
    Engine is a 1984 "Police Package" and I was thinking about changing the flexplate and the torque converter.
  • i have a 93 fox body mustang lx. it has the 2.3 four cyl with the t-5 five speed. i am dropping in a 5.0 H.O. out of a 92 0r 93 (not sure of the year)thunderbird lx in the fox body. what will need to do to the fox body besides change the computer, motor mounts,ac lines, power steering lines, possibly the oil pan,possibly unbolt the four cyl bellhousing off the trans,and put a v-8 housing on. is there anything else i need to do to make it work? my e-mail is jameslecompte2004@yahoo.com
  • How are you guys doing? In responce to 69 swap,the only other things you need to do is change out to bigger brakes and 5.0 struts. I have a 93'2.3 and I'm putting that in my 80' Pinto wagon. But what I'm really excited about is Fords new 3.6 twin turbo dual overhead cam V-8 diesel motor that will put out about 450lbs of torque @ 2000rpms.Hopefully they will put it in the 2008 Mustang or I will.
  • wanted to know were to get info on how to install a 5.4 liter lighting engine into my 1996 mustang gt, any web sites or books will help very much, also what all is involved in changing to a 5.4 liter engine. Thank you
  • mschmalmschmal Posts: 1,757
    Visit Ford Racing Parts, there are 2 crate engine choices.

http://www.fordracingparts.com/mustang/main-s4.asp?vehicleid=6&year=1996#fromFla- sh

Mark.
  • I have a 1993 Mustang LX with a 2.3L engine; I'd like to put in the V8 5.0L engine. Is this possible and what amount of alterations am I looking at?
  • just istalled a exhaust system
  • Hello, my name is Francisco and I have the following question.

I Currently own a 2001 V6 Mustang with 17 Inch Custom Wheels. I am in the process of buying a 2007 Mustang GT. Will my 2001 Wheels fit the 2007 Mustang?

Thanks.
  • NO,,,,, the 05-07 Mustangs use a completely different back spacing than the 04 and earlier cars.
  • I want to create a flip down rear seat in my 88 LX coupe. Any suggestions on how to approach this project?
  • is the wiring harness in place in the 2006 for the pony package ?
    the reason i ask is i was installing a pony grill and when i went to hook up the wires to the light switch there were already wires in the terminals for the fog lights if this is the case has anybody seen the wire loom the main loom located in front of the radiator and is where the factory pics show the pony wires coming out of.

thanx
  • Hello all, I am getting a new Mustang GT premium but I just cant decide on what Sound system to get...the 500 or 1000...obviously the 1000 sounds better but how much better? is it really noticeable?...is it worth to spend an extra $1300 for the extra 2 sub woofers? as far as i know thats the only difference between the 500 and 1000..2 sub woofers...is it worth it?? Thanks
  • cccompsoncccompson Posts: 2,388
    IMHO, the 1000 is about the worst value option one could purchase. It is very expensive for what you get and takes up ALOT of trunk space.

Only you can decide how much better it sounds so compare both with your own ears.
  • tayl0rdtayl0rd Posts: 1,938
    Yes, the difference is VERY noticeable in the bass department. Is it worth it? That depends on a few things. If you're the type who always has to replace the factory radio, then no, it's not worth it. If you don't mind having a stock radio, but you want a little more oomph in the sound, yes it's worth it. I have the Shaker 1000 and it's one of the best stock radios I've ever heard; even compared to those ridiculously expensive systems in luxury cars. The clarity is good enough for me. It does well with high frequencies. And the bass is really good when used in moderation. If you turn the bass up too high, the subwoofers start to sound boomy.

As far as the space the sub enclosure takes up in the trunk, it's a moot point. It doesn't take up that much space, and I can assure you an aftermarket sub setup will take up MUCH more space to produce not much more or better bass, IMO.
  • I have an 05 GT with the Shaker 500 and I LOVE it.. A friend here in town has a shaker 1000, and the only difference I can tell between the two (sitting in the same driveway) is he can dial up more base, BUT my Shaker 500 has way more base than most people will ever use. All you have to do is punch up the menu and dial in all the base you want. Personally, I have my base in at about 70-75% and it is all I want, and if you want to turn the volume up it WILL shake the windows. I also want the extra trunk room, have to get 2 sets of golf clubs and luggage in it once in a while. The Shaker 500 is WAY better than my departed 2000 BMW or my last Benz radios
  • i guess i will answer my own

it turns out the wires on the light switch plug are all ground the grounds are what tells the relay to turn on

the system is all hooked up and looks grweat
  • I am looking at buying a 71 mach 1. The only thing is its an automatic, and I really want manual but I cant pass up this price. Is it possible to swap the auto for a stick? Ideally I would like to put in a T56. Is this possible. Thanks for any info, and Aloha from Hawaii
  • am planning to buy a 1978 Mustang hatchback. any suggestions if its worth buying a machine that old, the car is running. Can I add more power to it is it worth restoring it? What else can i do with a 78?
  • I am planning to buy a K2 Motor COLD AIR INTAKE KIT.
    This brand is a unheard name. But cheaper than a knn or injen.
    Any one know about it?
    Any feedback? experience, story would help.

Thanks.
  • jbob88jbob88 Posts: 2
    I have a 351w 1998 picked up for free. I plan on droping into 90s mustang. The Engine is all stock. What are some cheap modifications i can make to increase proformance.

All advice welcome.
  • mschmalmschmal Posts: 1,757
    It is amazing to me how willing peeps are to Modify an expensive asset like their means of transportation with some part from a fly by night or otherwise unknown company.

I know an cold air intake may not sound complicated but do you really think these little 2 bit companys really do any true testing on the products they sell?

Also, on the Shelby GT, the Factory cold air intake installed by Shelby peeps only adds about 25 hp WHEN COMBINED with a rom flash. Do you really want to flash your rom with software from some 2 bit company?

Mark
  • mellor_21mellor_21 Posts: 8
    k i have a 97 gt with the sohc, i was just wonderin if it was possible to change it to a dohc without replacing the engine.. im pretty good at mechanics, but im still pretty new too so i just dont know lol
  • akirbyakirby Posts: 7,701
    It may be possible but the real question is whether it's worth the trouble. You'd be better off going with high flow SOHC heads or just replacing the entire engine.
This discussion has been closed.