Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra 4x4 Questions

1141516171820»

Comments

• dcurrendcurren Posts: 1
    is their any body out there that can tell me how the 4x4 system travels direction wise when it leaves the switch on the dash. When I turn the ignition on allthe lights come on then they go off. You can push any button but nothing happens.
  • pwittypwitty Posts: 4
    Aug 25, 2013 (5:55 pm)
    I didn't see this issue posted. My 4wd must stay in Auto 4WD. If I put it in 2H it goes thru the gears and when it hits 4th gear it drops to neutral. I am unable to drive in anything other than Auto 4WD. The last time I used the 4WD function was approximately 5 months ago and I don't recall putting it in Auto 4WD. I have very little call for the 4WD but I like knowing I have it. I recently went from NM to KS without realizing it was in auto 4WD. That was when I found that
    the 2H wasn't working. Any ideas? I am unable to locate the ATC fuse that one message discussed. Not even sure this would fix the problem
  • ldl3ldl3 Posts: 5
    pwitty,
    I am experiencing an absolutely identical problem (with an identical truck) to yours (mine has 80K miles). I am therefore keenly interested in what you may have found out. The local chevy dealer has suggested over the phone that my transfer case had been run without oil perhaps, and that simply was NOT the case, it is full of clean oil with no burned smell or other signs of neglect. Now he wants me to bring the truck into the shop and start emptying my pockets so to speak @ $75/hr.
    Can anyone help me out with advice?
  • titentiten Posts: 2
    edited October 2013
    Did you do as I suggested? Did you look at your ATC fuse? That was the problem I had, so I just replaced the fuse, And it's working now. The ATC fuse is located under the hood of the truck in the fuse box. to locate the fuse look on the legend on the back of the cover, and it will tell you the exacted one. Should be a 20 Amp fuse, if I remember right.
    There is no fuse marked ATC in any of the 3 fuse blocks (underhood, center, & instrument panel). There is a 25A 4wd fuse in instrument panel block, it is fine.
    I'm listening... Any advice for me regarding what to do next?
  • abacomikeabacomike South FloridaPosts: 3,111
    My 6 month trial subscription ended on October 31st, and for the better part of 2 weeks, I have tried, unsuccessfully, to renew the subscription because of an array of total idiots who answer the phones for XM/Sirius Radio Services. Luckily this was just on the phone, so I could either lay in my hospital bed or sit in my recliner while talking. If I had to stand or take any other physical position, I would have given up and done without the services.

It all started a few days before the end of October. I called Sirius to extend my subscription for "music channels only" (I don't listen to sports or news on satellite radio) and for "traffic" and "weather" services. I use weather more than traffic, but the forecast and weather maps I can access in the Mercedes show weather fronts, wind speeds and direction, rainfall and severity, storms, lightning, etc., and the info provided is extremely accurate, not to mention picturesque! Sorry for digressing. The first 8 idiots I spoke with on the phone (yes, 8 times I called to get this completed) over the 2 week period said I could subscribe to "music only" and "traffic", but that my radio and internal computer in the car could not support "weather" data! Now remember, for 6 months, I was able to easily access traffic and weather as well as all channels. Now, I guess my radio (Harman/Karmin) just won't accept the data they would send for the weather maps and forecasts!!! I state to them all, "YOU ARE NUTS!" Then, they want to charge me an activation fee on top of that.

After 8+ attempts, I decided to surrender and not bother with Sirius or their services - let's face it, doing without satellite radio and weather and traffic is not the end of the world. But when I was up at the Mercedes Dealership yesterday, they told me the E, S, CLS, and 95% of their cars support weather from Sirius. So, I tell myself, "...what the heck", and I try again this morning. I had to call them 4 more times until I finally got them to transfer me to a supervisor who spoke the King's Language perfectly. I explained the situation to him, the fact that I had been a customer for over 9 years, and that everyone I talked to at their company had no idea what I was talking about. He apologized, looked up my account, and told me that my car could accept the "data" plan they offered which includes traffic, weather, stocks, gasoline prices within 50 miles, etc. I took a deep breath and thanked him.

So, I signed up for "music only", "traffic", and "weather" through their data plan for 1 year at a cost of $229.00 with 3 months free and no activation fee. That's $15.27 a month for 15 months. At full price for the plans, it would have been closer to $350.00 a year.

I know Sirius subcontracts their phone services to some other country, but at least their supervisors are located here in the U.S.A. You would think that a "monopoly" company (no other competitors for satellite radio services) that sells a service for music and other data in the current business climate whereby they actually compete with AM/FM HD radio stations, iHeart, Pandora, and now even Apple internet radio, Bluetooth connectivity to smart phones, MP3, iPods, not to mention CD/DVD 5.1 surround sound, to name a few, would do almost anything to maintain a positive client relationship - not to mention subscription renewal process!

Why should it take a customer almost 3 weeks and over 12 phone calls to finally get to speak with someone who knows what he/she is talking about? I wonder how long XM/Sirius will be able to continue selling services with their current approach to customer service and consumer relations?

2014 Mercedes Benz CLS 550 - best car ever! 2nd best car ever, my 1967 Corvette Stingray Coupe with 435 hp.

• I was wondering if you have fixed this problem? My 2006 chevy is doing the identical thing. Please let me know if you have found a solution to this problem
    tatedawg, No I haven't solved this problem. A local mechanic has told me that he has a code reader that can likely diagnose the problem, but I haven't taken it in to him yet. Apparently, trans case trouble codes, even though not displayed, are accessible through the vehicle computer to someone who knows what they are doing.

Still not solved. Local mechanic with top-of-the-line code reader/scanner could find no trouble codes. Chilton's manual is no help either, though it gives a good description of how the 4wd system is supposed to work. I'm hesitant to start replacing components in a hit or miss fashion. Can anyone offer advice?