Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mazda CX-7 Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• joeyjacksjoeyjacks Posts: 1
    I really hope that what you are saying is true, I am going to contact Ma*t T*ck*r, to see
    what he says. I'll post back in here to tell everybody if what you are saying is true.
  • awdrockawdrock Posts: 2
    I swear to GOD the information I posted here came straight from MT's mouth.
    But one suggestion I want to give to you though is to stop by the dealership. I do not think he will just give it to you over the phone. You have to be serious about buying it and insist on the price. If he gives you BS like dealer cash expires and stuff, just pull out the papers prepared earlier. FYI, the dealer cash right now is 6000$. So 3000$ discount should not be too difficult.

Good luck.
  • almattialmatti Posts: 164
    Zoom08: You make avery good point about resale value. I have a MZ 3s Touring 08.5 - just got it a couple of months ago, new. I have been teasing with trading it for a CX-7 GT. The 3 is a bit too small and for it's size (2.3L engine) the gas mileage is just OK.... averaging @ 24 mpg mixed city/suburban 60% / & 40% highway. My debate to go for the CX-7 is of course, gas mileage compared to a Sante Fe, handling notwithstanding, the Sante Fe - gives you more for the Buck. But I love the way the CX-7 looks....The resale vale is also a consideration. gas is headed for $4 bucks a gallon for premium!!! Maybe it would be the Santa Fe - that uses regular gas...
  • howardruhowardru Posts: 155
    Per the 2009 user guide, you can run your CX-7 on less than 91 octane, but performance may suffer a bit.

We'll be running our new one on 89 for a while and see how she handles.
  • banditboybanditboy Posts: 54
    How are theused pricing on these. With such a cheap price i cannot find one less than 15-16k with 40k miles in the north east.

I want to spend 12k / w 30-40k miles .is that even possible?
  • aviboy97aviboy97 Posts: 3,159
    I want to spend 12k / w 30-40k miles .is that even possible?

Nope!

I am trying to buy lease returns from Mazda and 2007 GT's are being sold wholesale by Mazda for $17-19K.
  • bb321bb321 Posts: 1
    The price of the vehicle 26,000. This is prior to trade in, sales tax (10.25% in Chicago - (ouch - but it will come back to me via the IRS)) and license fee.

Sticker was 32,400
    Invoice was 29,403

Excellent deal and the best car buying experience I've ever had.

Autobarn in Countryside, Illinois.

Traded a ten year old Dodge that doesn't qualify for the "clunker" rebate. Looking forward to a long perior of ownership with this one.
  • ldislerldisler Posts: 82
    Left a deposit on a in stock Mazda5 @8:00 pm. Called them @2:00 the next day to cancel the deal and they refuse to refund my deposit. The salesman never said
    it wasn't refundable. What do I do now?
    Did you ask if the deposit was refundable?

Exactly what did you sign?

How did you leave a deposit? Check or credit card I hope.

If you signed a non-refundable document, you may be SOL. Often times you have 3 business days to rescind a transaction. Look into this in your state. Advise the stealership of the business law of the state he is operating in.

If you paid with credit card, immediately call and dispute the charge.
    If you paid with check, immediately go to your bank and put a stop payment on the check.

If you paid with cash, call your states Attorney General and file a claim immediately. There is usually a form to fill out and submit. Bring a copy of the completed form to wave in front of the stealership.
  • vm2998282vm2998282 Posts: 5
    I have a deal for 23K for a AWD Touring CX7 whcih sounds good. A dealer in NJ just offered me over the phone the same car + moonroof package for 22K. Does 22k make sense or does it sound like a scam to get me in the door? Anyone know great dealers in the NYC area?
  • yankee_njyankee_nj Posts: 3
    :mad:
    Thought I got an exceptional deal on a 2009 CX7 GT w/ Nav. and wheel locks in Liquid Platinum Metallic from Wayne Mazda in NJ. They quoted 7,425 off from $33,605 MSRP on 7/29/09 including destination charges, and w/o 0% (Got 5% instead).
    Went in to sign the paper, and they wanted to add these mandated charges on top of tax and destinations:
    1. New tires
    2. Internet access
    3. Windows edging (They will not take it out b/c the quote price is too low)
    4. Credit check
    5. Document
    6. Title & registrations

These charges came out to be $1,221. As far as I can remember, it is used to be Document, title & registrations @ around 6 to 7 hundred dollars. I guess I will have to nego. on the out of door price instead of just the car price from now!
    New tires???? Yes..they are because they came with the new car shipped from Japan. Unless you asked them to replace the tires, they can take a hike.

Internet Access? Is satellite or FM radio now called "Internet". Perhaps they put in a mobile 3G wireless access router into the 12V power outlet to give you wirelesss access in the car. Maybe they are giving you one of these http://3gstore.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=961
    but make sure they provide the 3G PC card or USB dongle and include the lifetime PCS service.

Window etching? Fraud. The car has a security system. who cares if you recover the glass or not. This is your insurance companies issue, not theirs!

Credit Check? They check everyone that walks in the door for a test drive. It's the cost of doing business.

If you have this in writing, I would fax it over to the Attorney General and the CEO of Mazda North America immediately and get their stealership license revoked.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,652
    I bet the "new tires" is the disposal fee that's attached to all new tire sales (including the ones on new cars). I think that's around $2.00/tire..

Without an exact accounting of the amount of each fee, it's hard to know how much extra you are being charged, without reason.

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• Just put a deposit new 21,300 + Tax was that good.It also had bullet grill chrome package+all weather mats + wheel locks.Please let me know
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,652
    For future reference, I think that's a billet chrome grill..

That sounds pretty good... How many leftover 2008 models did your dealer have?

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• Manfredi Mazda Staten Island NY.I think he had 2 left one silver/black & liquid platinum/black both in the showroom ask for freddie
  • just bought one for $27,350. shopped around NYC area. best deal i could find.
  • 27K sounds about right for the GT with technology package based on my shopping experience. 21k for GT with bose sounds too good to be true even if its an 08. Was it AWD?

I just got a touring AWD with bose for 24k +tax. I overpaid but I just wanted the car in that particular color.
  • 21,300 +TAX 2008 MAZDA CX7 AWD
  • hotnikshotniks Posts: 1
    I've been trying to locate an 09 AWD GT but have had little luck in the StL area. I found a model out in Ohio with all the options I want. MSRP = $31,130, got a quote for $24,290. Caveat 1 = It's a demo with 5800 miles.

When I asked for clarification on the quote, the salesperson responded that he used dealer cash, not the cash back or finance incentives when generating the price. I'm a little confused as to the difference and whether they can be combined. Anyone mind clarifying this for me? And feel free to comment on the offer.