Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mazda CX-7 Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• zoom08zoom08 NYCPosts: 66
    You need to better inform yourself, the CX7-GT-AWD 2008 model takes regular gas, production models before 08, had to use premium.
    Mazda reprogrammed the engine and fixed the problem. :shades:
  • zoom08zoom08 NYCPosts: 66
    :blush: Well, 28K miles later my CX7-GT-AWD has been using regular gas and there are no problems. Dealer said you could use premium but it was not necessary.
    Only previous model require premium gas. Oddly enough, I did test premium gas in my tank and the car seemed to burn the gas quicklier and the exhaust smelled like raw gasoline. Filled up my tank 2 times in the begining like that and after that I used only regular gas. I've owned my car 1.5 years and I love it.
    I wish for better mileage but since the car is fun to drive, I am willing to overlook it.
  • does anyone know what the dealer cash and rebate incentives are on a 2010 cx-7 sv or sport i? how much is the holdback and actual mark up on these cars. looking in st. louis/midwest area to cash buy and dealers only want to give about $1000 off of $22,300 msrp on a sv. what would be a good deal on one of these cars? thanks a lot for any help!
  • Current deal is only on the 2009s, $1000 off and some special financing. This offer on the CX-7 goes thru Aug 31. After that date, who knows. If car sales crash due to the Clunker program ending, there may be some incentives down the line.
  • Any recent deal you made or heard of for 09 GT w/Tech? OTD/OOD price? I got 29K from 1 dealer back in July,Now I'm thinking how cheap they would go after 2010 model on road? Plze comment..trying to decide and buy before 30th.
  • Same here, any recommended dealer to go to her in Los Angeles for a CX7-09 GT with Bose SS. If the price and offer for 2010 are good, I will also consider. Approximately how much less I can take from MSRP and how much more additional fees approximately are added for total cost. Thanks in advance!
  • My recommendation is that you do your home work!

Go pay for the Consumer Reports online pricing system for under $30. Or there are other sites that can give you the dealer costs of all the extras.

Don't be cheap. Spend a few $ now to save hundreds or thousands.
  • My recommendation is that you do your home work!

Go pay for the Consumer Reports online pricing system for under $30. Or there are other sites that can give you the dealer costs of all the extras.

Don't be cheap. Spend a few $ now to save hundreds or thousands.

What kind of reply is this? Doing his own homework is exactly what led the guy here and asking questions. Why even post a reply like this?
  • I guess what I left out was, beyond researching past messages and buying experiences, they should do a little more researcyh. My point is that anyone interested in dumping $20 to $32K into a new car should look into RELIABLE sources of information rather than "hear say" from people around the country.

Yes, message board member input is great and helps people here get an idea a to what people are seeing in dealers across the country, but the only way to know definitive, base-line pricing is via some of these services. That is all I meant.

I would recommend that the original messenger of that note, or any other messenger, review past postings to see if there is anything relative and recent, and if not use these online service where things are lacking.

So, back to my point, for less than the cost of 10 Starbucks coffees, a comprehensive and accurate report on pricing and regional discounts can be had from Consumer Reports or other online resources in case this person was not aware of these resources available to them.
  • Howardru,

You are completely wrong. Consumer reports uses truecar.com values to give you pricing estimates. I paid $5 for a subscription to consumer reports and $15 to buy an individual report and it had the same exact price as was posted on truecar.com for free. Yet when I was acutally buying I paid 4K less than the "good price" on truecar. Dealers have many incentives from the manufacturer and unfortunately Mazda doesnt make this transparent. This board helped me a lot to realize that there was a 8k discount off msrp for 09 CX7's.
  • howardruhowardru Posts: 155
    We are talking past each other.

Glad you got a great deal. Enjoy
  • Good Day Team Mazda,

Just bot a 2010 CX-7 Touring, paid $26,900 and got 3.9% for 60 months, crystal Pearl White. Cash for clunkers is over and dealers are crapping in their pants. NO one is buying, if you have a solid FICO score and a minimum 10% down, you can negotiate a fair price.

Car drives like its own railroad tracks, acceleration is solid off the line. Only concern are the tires, got bridgestone on them. Seems as though I'll be lucky if they last 24K miles.

People living in NJ, check out IRWIN Mazda in Freehold. NJ Car dealers are notorious for marking up cars from anywhere from $2K-5K for pinstriping and door guards. NO mark-ups here, set up an appointment on the internet, I swear as a Presbyterian, most non-stressful purchase of a car in 25 years. Internet manager, Jay is a decent individual.

Edmunds TMV is a solid benchmark, print it and use to your advantage.

Peace <><
  • Swear as a Presbyterian!? You sure you don't have your fingers crossed?! ;)

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• Was the 26900 price an out the door price with tax?
  • My fingers are not crossed, however, my nose hairs are!!!

Nah, jersey tax of 7.00% was separate
    Regular invoice was $28400 with the white paint.
    Couple of Mazda Dealers within a 20 mile raduis were not budging from the retail invoice. I guess being a 2010 model, dealers are figuring that demand will be there very soon.

If you look at the CX7 inventory on many of these car dealer websites, many base engines available, but touring and GT are almost nil to none.

Good luck with the search
  • We just bought a 2010 CX-7 i Sport this week in Stormy Blue with the convenience package. We qualified for S-plan pricing and received an incentive from the dealer for another $1,000 off. Final price paid after delivery, taxes, tags, and doc fees was $24,390.

We haven't had a chance to drive it very far yet, but from three days worth of driving, the trip computer indicates that we are averaging about 25 mpg at an average speed of 33 mph (it's mostly been driven on the local roads with some short highway drives in between).
  • My apologies Mazda Team,

The model I bought was a 2010 Touring AWD model in white.
  • Nice job on the price, are you located in NJ?

If you are, may I have the name of the dealership, my sister is looking to get a Mazda 3.
  • I bought a 2008 CX7-GT-AWD back on August/ 08, dealer informed there were not incentives or rebates available at that time, it's been a year and i love my car, never had any problems, HOWEVER i keep thinking they hide rebates that i was supposed to receive, i did notice on this forum some people back on Aug,08 buying CX-7 and receiving incentives or rebates, would it be too late for me to discuss this with my dealer so i can get some cash back?? please advice. THanks. :surprise:
  • howardruhowardru Posts: 155
    At this point in time, you are SOL. Beyond 30 days, if you didn't apply for an incentive or rebate, you probably won't find any.

Besides, many of the rebates are due to the economy this year, and were not in effect last year (when I bought one of my CX's too)