Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mazda CX-7 Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• dashbbdashbb Member Posts: 119
    We don't have any dealer cash incentive here in the northeast, where are you?
    Midwest (Chicago metro area). We do have $1k dealer incentive (non-taxable) AND 1.9% financing. Basically, you can buy any CX-7 for $4,000 off MSRP if you don't need the special financing.
  • palaltpalalt Member Posts: 25
    I'm shopping in the Chicagoland area and was just quoted $100 over the supposed invoice of $26600 on a CX7 that MSRP'd for $28200. AWD, not GT with Sunroof/Bose & Cloth. I can't find any reference, nor does the dealer admit to any$1000 incentive. Was that something that ended in April? I can't believe their is only $1600 between MSRP & Invoice. Liked the way it drove. Seats are kind of hard. Another $1000 off will help me pull the trigger, but I'm not very excited with this price. Any info on the incentive? Premium fuel not a distraction if it helps the engine produce the right power. 10,000 miles a year X 20 cents = $110 / year at 18 MPG. No big deal.
  • zoom49zoom49 Member Posts: 76
    I no longer see the $1,000 offered on Mazda's website.
    They do offer discount financing for 36, 48 or 60 months.
    They do offer different programs in each area of the country so check their site using your zip code.
    http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/displayRegionalIncentives.action
  • emantx10emantx10 Member Posts: 2
    Obviously my Pros and Cons list are personal likes and dislikes but I would love to hear other reactions.

MAZDA CX7 likes:
    Better looking Exterior, back seats fold better and easier, plastic trunk flooring standard, 18" rims standard, center console and storage much better, better horse power.
    CRV Likes:
    Gas Mileage, Ipod connector, better looking steering wheel and speed dials, better standard sound system, more comfy seats, and ride.

I know price and int rate play a big part but on just car alone, help me out. Things I dont mention like storage, back seats, or anything not mentioned. Its cause I like them equally.

Thanks for your input.
  • zoom49zoom49 Member Posts: 76
    MAZDA CX7 likes:
    Better handling, 6 speed transmission, Bose stereo in CX-7 better than most. Best braking, more room

CRV Likes:
    Regular fuel
  • carlitos92carlitos92 Member Posts: 458
    I don't know about the standard audio systems, but the Bose option in the CX-7 is quite excellent IMHO. This is the first stock stereo out of 5 cars that I've owned where I wasn't compelled to replace it, and that actually goes louder than I'll listen to it. Throw the moonroof in with it in an option package, and it's kindof a no-brainer.

Also, the iPod connectivity can be installed on the CX-7, but you gotta pay $150 for it. Not sure what the CRV's cable does, but generally I like the Mazda iPod hookup in the CX-7 okay; it does the charging, steering wheel buttons control it, etc.

Looks are always subjective, but I would disagree on the steering wheel comparison (just because the late Honda/Acura steering wheel design drives me batty) and also say that the instrumentation might depend on what trim levels you compare. The CX-7 GT's red/blue lighting is just about perfect.
    The price you were quoted is ridiculous. Pick up the Sunday Chicago Tribune and in the Transportation section there are several dealers advertising $4000+ off MSRP on CX-7. Dealers include: Pugi, Autobarn and Naperville Mazda.
    If you are willing to drive upto Wisconsin, check out the ad for Holiday Mazda:
    http://www.holidayautomotive.com/en_US/f_MiscPage_5.chtml
  • palaltpalalt Member Posts: 25
    Had I been quoted near the $4K off MSRP, the outcome might have been different. We picked up our new 07 Murano SL last night. $575 under invoice, with 0.7% financing for 36 months. More money than the CX7, even with $3500 discount, but I have to say it seems like more vehicle. The near FREE money Nissan is offering played a major role in the decision.
  • potsie006potsie006 Member Posts: 1
    We got a Black Sport FWD with tech package for 27,500 out the door.
  • jasdmanjasdman Member Posts: 4
    We just picked one up Last Sunday at Alan Webb Mazda in Vancouver, Washington for $18,488 ( This was the advertised price and when we got there they had about 10) I think they sold 3 others while we were there.
    No other dealer in the Portland metro area could (Or would) even come close.
    Black Cherry Mica.
    Put $3500 down $15000 for 60 months at 6.9% the payment is a little under $300 a month.
    $18,488 for a brand new CX-7?!! Truly Amazing!! What was your vehicle's MSRP?
    If I'm not mistaken, the least expensive CX-7 Sport FWD stickers over $24,000. That means you bought one for almost $6,000 dollars below MSRP!! Kudos!!
  • jasdmanjasdman Member Posts: 4
    The MSRP was $24,345..I think it was a great deal too!
    None of the dealers on the Oregon side of the river could even come close. ( The closest was in the $22,000 range.)
    We have had it for a week and a half now and love it!
  • hutchensgdhutchensgd Member Posts: 6
    And I thought
    i did well at $20,990.
  • outbackeddyoutbackeddy Member Posts: 7
    Just returned from my dealer and received the following. CX7-Touring with moon-roof & bose-color, icy blue. Invoice from kelly blue book listed at $25,831 incl shipping. I can buy for $270 over invoice and that includes doc fees and prep but, not Sales Tax. Some other Honda dealers are adding a "MARKET ADJUSTMENT FEE" OF $1495 but, not MAZDA. Bottom line cost offered was Invoice (Incl delivery) + sales tax. Any one doing as well or better??? Thanks Ed
  • ckjesckjes Member Posts: 6
    What do you think is the best way of doing this??

MDX is 36 Monthly Payment.

It's been 12month right now..

You think i have pay more to get a new CX-7??
  • wjbushsrwjbushsr Member Posts: 135
    It pains me to post this, but I have given up on the Zoom Zoom of my beloved CX-7. :lemon:

Today I traded in my 7 for a Camry Hybrid... The cost of fuel and the highway mpg is just too much of a burden on me.

I absolutely loved the feeling of the 7; it took off like a bat out of hell at highway speeds, but it just sucked the needle down too far for me to keep. At best I got 20.5 mpg on the hwy, on an average, I got 18 hwy, 14 city. Abismal numbers :mad:
    But the biggest disapointment was how much the darn thing depreciated in a year... For a fully loaded, maxxed out GT with every option you could hope for; the best number I got was 18k!!! :confuse: Heck, one with 6000 miles on it went for 20k at an auction here in Houston!

All in all, I'll miss the HID lamps, the backup camera and the Bose system, {the JBL ain't too shabby, btw}, but for what I was paying in gas alone, I could have bought another vehicle! {over 110.00 a week, if you're wondering...}

Good luck to you guys, Vince, Carlito and the whole gang... I'll be hanging with the Camry crowd from now on... Peace
  • carlitos92carlitos92 Member Posts: 458
    Wow. A moment of silence, please, folks... ;) Sorry to see you give up, wjbushsr. Luckily, I think I drive a little less than half of what you do, so I'm still hanging in there.

No use talking much about your done deed, but did you ever get your ECU reflashed? My CX-7 is pushing a year old now and I have not been to the dealer for the latest flash, which is supposed to improve mileage, shifting, A/C cooling, and maybe even produce fresh-brewed coffee.

Well, anyway, we'll miss ya. ..And probably even feel sorry fer ya, drivin' that butt-ugly electric grandma-mobile. :P :D

Seriously, take care, and remember you're always welcome to come back from the dark side.

-c92
  • vbbuiltvbbuilt Member Posts: 498
    Those Camrys are gorgeous vehicles! Love the new styling...has that edge...

As for the MPG, my budget is comfortable with the current gas prices and even if they rise another dollar. But if those prices hit above $4.00 a gallon, you'll hear me squealing like a stuck pig! Unfortunately, I think we all see the handwriting on the wall. :(

Take care, Vince.
  • wjbushsrwjbushsr Member Posts: 135
    Butt ugly Grannie mobile?!?!?! Awww come on, man... is it really THAT bad?
    :P

On the serious side; yep, I got the latest flash two weeks ago after my nav died from a blown fuse, but it didn't help anything...

If there's anything I can offer to the board from the gossip side of things, I'll post it! Not gonna say goodbye, just so long for now {sniff} :cry:

heh heh heh ;)
  • tomklemtomklem Member Posts: 1
    Morrie's Mazda in Minnetonka, MN is offering this deal. I took a 7 home today for a 24 hr test drive. Due to a law in MN, car dealership are not allowed to sell on Sundays so it turned into a 48 test drive.

My 7 is $24,585 - $5,000 incentive - $7,500(crappy Saturn VUE) trade in = $12,085 +tt&l....Can't beat that. ;);)
  • astegmanastegman Member Posts: 171
    But the biggest disapointment was how much the darn thing depreciated in a year... For a fully loaded, maxxed out GT with every option you could hope for; the best number I got was 18k!!!

Ack! Just this very mornining, for no good reason at all, I randomly wondered what my CX-7 would be worth right now were I to trade it in(10 months old, fully loaded, etc., pushing 16K miles). Not so much, I guess. Not that I'm really thinking about ditching it, but...I get bored easily and love the feeling of a new car. I'm only shelling out about $55 a week for gas, and I'm still relatively comfortable with that, but I feel a pang or two when I hear of other people getting 30+ mpg with their cars. Oh well! Ya gotta do what ya gotta do.
  • slippertslippert Member Posts: 13
    I'm convinced that anyone who sells a car in the first few years takes such a bath on depriciation, premium unleaded costs see like chump change. Even if you get a CR-V or some other high mpg auto.
  • fonefixerfonefixer Member Posts: 247
    I also purchased a CX-7 from Morrie's Mazda on 25 October 2006. MSRP was 30,655.00 and paid 27,300.00. 5,000 off MSRP is quite the good deal. These vehicles must not be selling very well.

No huge complaints the last 12,000 miles. Like the look, cornering,braking, and driveability of the vehicle.

2 service issues so far. The gas cap needed replacement at the time of purchase and an oil seal gasket needed replacement due to an oil leak near the front of the engine.

Service has been good with no delays.

Gas mileage has been about 17~19 city and maybe 21~22 long distance.
  • jfritschjfritsch Member Posts: 958
    Your last sentence explains the discount.

--jjf

I also purchased a CX-7 from Morrie's Mazda on 25 October 2006. MSRP was 30,655.00 and paid 27,300.00. 5,000 off MSRP is quite the good deal. These vehicles must not be selling very well.

No huge complaints the last 12,000 miles. Like the look, cornering,braking, and driveability of the vehicle.

2 service issues so far. The gas cap needed replacement at the time of purchase and an oil seal gasket needed replacement due to an oil leak near the front of the engine.

Service has been good with no delays.

Gas mileage has been about 17~19 city and maybe 21~22 long distance.
  • czm3136czm3136 Member Posts: 10
    I just got quoted the following numbers on a Grand Touring CX-7 lease and was wondering if it sounded like a good deal. No Navigation, No moonroof:

$2500 out of pocket
    36 month lease
    10,500 miles

$319/month

Thanks in advance!
    Seems a bit high, especially with merely 10,500 miles/year. I would increase the miles allowed to atleast 12k and reduce the monthly payment by $20-$30.
  • bluedevil7321bluedevil7321 Member Posts: 5
    Hey everyone,

Can you help me out and let me know if you think I did well on this deal? It was the first car I purchased/leased on my own...so I am interested in how I did.

CX-7 Sport FWD Brand new 1 mile on it!
    Lease
    24 months
    10,500 miles/year
    8-way power adjustable driver's seat with adjustable lumbar support
    9-speaker, Bose® Centerpoint® surround system with AudioPilot®
    Sunroof
    I was able to get them to throw in the car starter at a discount of 50%

I had a trade in of $2400 and I put down another $1500

Result is I am paying $210/month

What do you think?

Thanks!
  • tinycadontinycadon Member Posts: 287
    Why do so many people come on the message board AFTER they ink the deal and ask if they got a good deal or not :confuse: Wouldn't it make more sense to get the numbers for the deal, tell the dealer you're going to sleep on it, and then post it and get feedback from the forum??? If you got a good deal, awesome, if not, you're not stuck with it and can renegotiate or go with another vehicle or dealer. Basically it boils down to, are you happy with the car you bought/leased? If you are, then you got a good deal, if not, what does it matter if you paid $300 more than someone in Dothan, Alabama?
  • bluedevil7321bluedevil7321 Member Posts: 5
    well I am not sure why so many people ask the question. I guess I just want to be reassured. Also, I read through many posts to see if someone had a similar purchase. I also got the impression that in the buying and purchasing experience forum that this kind of question was to be expected. Maybe others will see my deal and seek out something similar or better.

Enough reasons?
    Yes, the thread is prices paid and buying experiences, but not prices paid and buying experiences (did I get hosed, please re-assure me). You're not the only one to do this, just can't understand why people keep doing it after the fact. What would you do if 10 people replied back and told you you got ripped off?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,139
    Members are encouraged to post their experience and solicit responses from other members.

If you encounter posts you don't wish to respond to, then use the scroll wheel on your mouse.

So, responses along the lines of "You got ripped off" are just fine. Responses like, "That is a dumb question"... not so much..

Thanks,
    kyfdx
    (who doesn't get to use the scroll wheel.. :cry: )

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

I never used the line "that was a dumb question." I'm simply asking why people keep posting their deals AFTER they bought and then ask if it's a good deal? Isn't it a little too late for that, it's like shaving your head bald and then asking someone if they think they should've left it a little longer :confuse: If someone is looking for input, post the deal they're being offered before hand and they might actually get some good advice. Doing it afterwards is fine, but why ask if it was a good deal, post it and people will let you know. Someone asks me if I got a good deal on my new car I tell them: Sure, I got the car I wanted.
  • satellissatellis Member Posts: 6
    Just went to the dealership today and found the exact CX-7 I want and the price is actually lower than the invoice listed on both Kbb.com and edmunds.

Here are the specifics and upgrades:
    Touring AWD
    Moonroof/Bose Audio Package with 6 cd changer
    Autodim mirror with compass and homelink
    Fog lights
    Preferred equipment package

Edmunds lists invoice as $28090 and Mazda lists the MSRP at $30020.
    Dealership has no-haggle price set at $25081

That seems unbelievable to me. Was I crazy not to buy it right then?
    Yes, it is a decent deal, however, I've seen them advertised even cheaper than that.
    $28090 Invoice.
    -$ 2000 dealer incentive.
    -$ 1000 when you finance through Mazda (not at 0% APR)
    -$ 750 additional dealer incentive if they sell a certain number of units before July 9th.
    Therefore, you should be able to do $500-$700 better than $25081. Good luck!
    Thanks for the information. It's good to know that I can do better. Combined with the low trade-in value the dealership is offering, I think I'm going to wait. It may mean not being able to get the EXACT vehicle I want but I'll survive.
    So, of course, once I told the dealership that we were going to wait, they decided to re-evaluate what they could do. Hmm, go figure.

Anyway, you were right about them being able to come down $500-$700 more. Thanks for the tip! They came down to $24580. But they also added another $1500 to the initial trade-in value on the van we were trading in.

We got stuck with going 72 months for the finanacing and couldn't go through Mazda so we got stuck with 6.79% (ouch)to get the monthly payment were we want it, but I was able to pay off our last vehicle loan in 3 years versus 5. Whenever we had a little extra in the budget or got a large chunk of money(such as a tax refund) I used it to pay down the debt on the car loan. So I should be able to pay off this vehicle loan in less than 72 months as well.

So, overall I am very happy. The dealership was very friendly and neither my husband nor I felt pressured to buy the car. So far I love my CX-7 and driving it has been a blast! Add to that my husband not having to drive around in a minivan-he's ecstatic!
    Excellent deal! Congratulations!

The 6.79% financing for 72 months is actually on par with the market. According to Bankrate, the national average is 6.96%/72 mths: http://www.bankrate.com/brm/rate/auto_home.asp

The extra $1000 rebate was applicable if the vehicle was financed through Mazda. Since you did not do Mazda financing AND still got that price, it seems to be an incredible deal!
    This is a little earlier than I had expected. The 2008 CX-7's have started showing up at the dealerships or atleast on their online inventory database:
    http://www.waynemazda.com/ou/wayne-mazda/console.do?page=r_specials_new

This might mean that additional discounts are coming for the 2007's if inventory levels remain high.
    -- Post# 292: $5500 off MSRP - no special financing
    satellis, "Mazda CX-7: Prices Paid & Buying Experiences" #293, 5 Jul 2007 5:45 am

-- Post# 276: $5000 off MSRP - no special financing
    tomklem, "Mazda CX-7: Prices Paid & Buying Experiences" #277, 23 Jun 2007 10:12 pm

-- Post# 268: $5857 off MSRP - no special financing
    jasdman, "Mazda CX-7: Prices Paid & Buying Experiences" #269, 6 Jun 2007 7:58 pm

-- Dealer Ad: $5200 off MSRP - no special financing
    http://www.wilkins-mazda.com/MiscPage_3

Back in Oct 2006, people were getting $3200 off MSRP and 3.9% financing for 36 months. See posts #160 and #158.
    July 07, if you include special financing, we'd lose the $2k dealer incentive. It is still $3200 - $3857 off MSRP and 0.0% financing for 36 months.

Basically, it is approximately $2,000 cheaper a year later.
  • treepeonytreepeony Member Posts: 15
    I am in the process of buying a cx-7 grand touring, no additional packages, (will go with after market radio/nav)
    23,700 , not including tax title. Comes to $3750 under invoice.
    Jonathan
  • dallascx7dallascx7 Member Posts: 6
    I am very close on making a deal to lease CX7 2007 grand touring.
    My only concern is: all previous SUV's I had, had rear AC or rear AC vent.
    The CX7 does not have any...wanted to know whether it gets hot in the back seat?? we live in the dallas area, and it gets pretty hot!
    My son of 20 month gets really hot when in my wife's car a 2005 toyota corolla although the blowing AC in the front is cooling pretty ok.

Appreciate all feedback

Thanks

Max
    $3750 below Invoice is an excellent price. What is the MSRP for this vehicle? For a 2007 Mazda CX-7 Grand Touring AWD with no options:
    MSRP: $28,560 and Invoice: $26,748
    At your quote of $23,700, you're actually at $3050 under Invoice. Are there any options or accessories?
  • extennyextenny Member Posts: 18
    Here is the deal I am being offered CX7 Grand Touring AWD with sunroof/bose package, price is $24,680 total price after TTL is about 26k this is after a tax credit on a trade in. The deal sounds great but it seems a lot of places now are offering $5,500 of MSRP. Do you think I should still try to ask for something more like a free trailer hitch? I probaly would not even be considering this car if it wasnt for the discount when I started shopping I was looking in the 25k range. Also I am trying to guess what they will give me on my trade in. Through various websites my trade in has been estimated between about 7k to 8k (2005 ford focus zx4 SE 40k miles). I am thinking the lowest I would take on a trade is price would be about $6,300. Is that unreasonable? How accurate our websites compared to what the dealer usually offers on a trade? I have never traded in a car before. I think if I get what I am looking for on my trade I will end up with the car.
    Thanks
    Assumig clean car, clean title, etc., 7k to 8k for a 2005 Ford Focus ZX4 SE w/ 40k miles seems more than reasonable per several websites, including KBB, Edmunds, NADA, etc. KBB trade-in value for 'average' condition is pretty accurate.

Yes, you can $5500 off MSRP all day long. Want a bigger discount (and bigger vehicle)? Try '07 Honda Pilot at $7500 off MSRP. Check out the Pilot forums. Good price & quality but nothing "zoom zoom" about it. :(
    Yes my calculation was off. It was 3050 under invoice.
    I signed for the car and went in the next day to meet with the finance people and now they say the car can't be acquired. (It was at another dealership, shall I add supposedly) So back to square one.
    There were no other packages.
    They still have my deposit made by CC, and claim they can refund by check only.
    My wife is very disappointed.
    The dealer is located in norwood mass, so watch out for them.
    Where are you getting this deal? I think it is the trim/package I will end up getting.
    As far as your trade. You are doing the right thing by negotiating seperately.
    In Minneapolis MN. at least 4k seems to be the standard discount given on these plus $500 coupon on Mazda website. 5k off is only on certin models Cherry Mica Black or otherwise vehicles that have been on the lot for 90+ days
    is $7500 of the Pilot and published incentive? out just what people are buying them for according to this forum?
  • carshopper23carshopper23 Member Posts: 2
    Yes, 4k seems to be the standard discount. I couldn't find $500 coupon on Mazda website, can you post a link?
    just go to mazdausa.com and build your vehicle and then click in vehicle summary on the coupon will appear on the top of the page.