Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2007 Nissan Altima

navigator89navigator89 Posts: 1,080
The next generation of the Altima sedan will be shown at the upcoming New York Auto Show. Nothing certain is really known about the car at this moment. However there have been rumors of the Altima getting a hybrid version, an upgraded interior and a stronger engine that will probably make more than 260 hp.

I personally expect the new Altima to be really capable, because its competitors are pretty strong due to recent redesigns.

We'll also see if the Altima will move into Maxima territory or not, or if Nissan can distinguish them enough.

Comments

• lawreelawree Posts: 3
    Not only Nissan is redesigning the Altima, but Nissan is also giving Maxima some changes like Altima did in 2005. It is SUPPOSED to be minor changes, but my guess is it is going to have SIGNIFICENT interior changes on Maxima because right now, it looks cheaper than Altima that it doesn't feel like 30K car. The new Altima is already the longest car between the competition (192 inch, same as the Hyundai Azera, which is really big), so I'm pretty sure it will not grow in size.

My hope for the Altima is just don't go too radical.
  • lawreelawree Posts: 3
    Compare the two photes of 2005~2006 Altima and 2002~2004 Altima

Well, that's really "minor", I must say.
  • inertia1inertia1 Posts: 8
    "minor" i would say so... these cars are not equally equiped... which would really make it difficult to compare, lets try to get a base 2006 interior pic and then we will see the pictures.
  • cirrusscirruss Posts: 87
    I was really surprised to see it on TV this morning. The Altima is completely redesigned inside and out. They really kept this one under wraps because I have a friend working at a Nissan dealer and he wasn't even aware there is a redesign for 07.

You can see more pics at
    www.nissanusa.com

First impression is good, but will have to wait to see it in person.
  • mf15mf15 Posts: 158
    Yes I see that everyone is excited about the new 07,no posts. There is plenty of info and pictures out now. New color dash lights,std side air bags and std abs on V6. Upgraded interior,new underpinnings,little/no torque steer, cvt auto transmission.
    Old Mike
  • alpha01alpha01 Posts: 4,747
    Quite frankly, this is a very mild evolution of the Altima in my opinion. The styling is crisper, but almost looks like a mid-model freshening. I like the styling very much, but again, its not very radically different, for example as in the recent Sonata or Camry redesigns.

The platform has been upgraded, the interior, judging from the pictures looks improved but not signficantly different. I suppose these are all expected improvements.

Little/no torque steer is a claim, yet to be proven.

For me, we dont have the important info yet, the info that will garner more attention- pricing and feature content, final power,torque, and EPA figures, etc. For its sake, I hope Nissan worked some magic on the 2.5L fuel efficiency; 23/29 of the previous version bordered on pathetic. (Please dont offer the 4A as an excuse- Subaru's similarly powerful Legacy with a 4A AND AWD manages 23/30.....)

The CVT is the only really interesting departure from the family car norm...

It looks like it will be a strong entry. I personally need more info, though, and want to see it in person, of course...

~alpha
  • 14871487 Posts: 2,407
    This car looks better but it's not a revolutionary change IMHO. Many people wont be able to tell the difference between the '07 and the '06. The power looks good, but the interior is only slightly better than the old one. I dont think the Altima's interior is a match for the new camry or even the Saturn Aura. It's still full of plastic. The bluetooth and pushbutton start are nice gimmicks to have but few people will get those options.
  • I love the exterior of the new Altima! I always liked the current generation when it came out in Fall '01, but this one blows the current one away IMO. It looks so sexy, and blows the current '07 Camry and '06 Accord out the water! Hopefully they won't raise the price that much! :)
  • carguy58carguy58 Posts: 2,303
    to me Nissan had to be revolutionary again stylewise with the 07 Altima like they did with the 02 Altima but instead the 07 Altima looks like an evolutionary change. Its not a change like the new Camry is. It looks like Nissan took a page from Honda 1990's styling playbook with the new Altima: just evolutionary styling changes. It worked for Honda than but its it going to work for a company like Nissan that prides theselves on styling? I don't know. I'm sure the 08 Accord will be as much as an improvement styling wise from its current model like the way the 07 Camry styling is from the 06 Camry's styling. I will say one good thing totally in the Altima they did improve the Altima's interior for the 07 model. From the very small spyshot of the new Altima interior it looked a flasback to the good old days of the 93 Altima interior which is definately a good thing. Also, the new 07 Maxima interior looks alot better than the 04-06 Maxima interior. It looks Nissan is adrressing their shortcomings in their products of late.

On a sidenote Nissan has played it safe(being evolutionary or maybe de-evolutionary) with the Altima's styling before with the 98 model. If you remember previously the 93 Altima was a drastic change over its stanza replacement stylewise.
  • alpha01alpha01 Posts: 4,747
    Good point about the 93, though I thought that Stanza was dang sharp! I'm a fan of edgier, criper styling.

~alpha
  • dwinkdwink Posts: 14
    Does anyone know if the new Nav system is voice activated?
  • virtkingvirtking Posts: 25
    I think Nissan made changes where it needed. For me the biggest turn off with '01-'06 Altima was the interior quality and materials (to less degree with '05-'06 MY). If the new car interior is as good as pictures available here, it may be at the top on even more people's lists. Then again if it's not too late, I'd like to see Nissan change two things: 1) gas tank level gauge should have 1/8 marks between 1/4 marks; 2) change the high mounted brake light height to something lower, so it is not reflected in the rearview mirror as rear seat middle head rest.

We see Camry's redesigned style as such big improvement to some degree because the previous was so much boring. Honda also needs to do something drastic if it wants to remain a top contender.
  • carguy58carguy58 Posts: 2,303
    "I think Nissan made changes where it needed. For me the biggest turn off with '01-'06 Altima was the interior quality and materials (to less degree with '05-'06 MY).

Your right the 02-04 Altima's interior was not that good to say the least but the car was still a major hit instantly. The 05-06 interior was much more tasteful.

"We see Camry's redesigned style as such big improvement to some degree because the previous was so much boring."

I'll agree the 02-06 Camry was very whitebread looking.

"Honda also needs to do something drastic if it wants to remain a top contender."

I'll agree since I am a hardcore Honda fan and have been since the mid 90's since I was in High school but the current Accord it just does nothing for me looks wise.
  • driverdmdriverdm Posts: 505
    I am new to this forum. I saw the pics of the new Altima and did not like it at all. My first thoughts were, "this is a soft massage not a redesign". I had basically given up on the midsize market and were looking into trying for a small SUV with serious performance. I saw the Altima at the NY Autoshow. In person, the car is absolutely gorgeous. The description, "4 door" Z really fits. It jumped to the head of my list along with the Mazda CX-7 (remember what I said about the small performance SUV). The downfall of the Mazda is that it requires premium gas and may be slight more than the Nissan as far as price. If I take the cheap route and get the 4-cylinder, the price disparity grows even more. I had two altimas before buying my Mazda6. The Altimas gave a lot of trouble. One I am convinced had a bad front-end. The Mazda has been a blast to drive and been two years now of carefree ownership. I am kind of a Mazda fan now because I know what to expect from Mazda. A lot of performance and very nice interiors. So my dilemma is growing. I will wait till both hit the streets before making a decision though, so I have a while.
  • driverdmdriverdm Posts: 505
    I actually have real life photos of the Altima from the show on my myspace account under the same username.
  • th6252th6252 Posts: 1
    i'm also new to this forum, and like someone else stated above me, i wasn't too fond of the new styling when i first saw the pictures. however, it really started to grow on me once i saw it in person at the show.
    was wondering if anyone has an idea as to what the estimated pricing will be...especially in the se 6mt package. thanks.
  • jaxs1jaxs1 Posts: 2,697
    No, but there is no reason to expect it to be shockingly different from the current pricing and all the cars it has to compete against (Mazda6, Galant etc.).
    They cannot jack up the price by thousands and expect to sell.
  • almin23almin23 Posts: 3
    Anyone knows more or less what month is this vehicle coming out and how much?

Thanks
  • nostalgianostalgia Posts: 10
    I'm curious... :confuse:
  • Why is this vehicle only being sold in several states? The reason that Nissan gave was bogus. Do they think that these 6 - 7 seven states are the only ones who have drivers whom want to use this technology?

Perhasp thye are going to price the hybrid version so high, they are counting on the tree-huggers in these states to cough up th extra dough to buy one.
  • maxamillion1maxamillion1 Posts: 1,467
    I can't seem to find your pics Driverdm...any links?
  • isthondaisthonda Posts: 1
    Does anyone have any details on the 6 speed manual transmission 2007 Altima? I know on the 2006 Altimas and Maximas, when you try to build them online, the option packages and color choices are very limited when you choose the manual transmission and they make you change the transmission back to automatic when you try to add most option packages. Does anyone know if this will be the case with the 2007 Altima? Thanks.
  • The dealer I spoke to blurted out November for a release date.
  • jaxs1jaxs1 Posts: 2,697
    Which may be true or he could be spewing guesses or lies designed to get you to just buy something else now because November is far off.
  • ray_h1ray_h1 Posts: 1,134
    [Gasp!] Do you mean to imply that a car salesman would actually resort to questionable negotiating tactics in order to unload present stock in anticipation of the new model introduction in five months? (Next you'll be telling us there's no Easter Bunny, either, I bet.)
  • pernaperna Posts: 533
    I recall Nissan stating the Altima would be out this summer, and the '07 Maxima would be later in the fall.
  • deerlake7deerlake7 Posts: 162
    I've read that Maxima deliveries start in July and the Altima will be December 1st. We'll see.