Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Audio/Radio

Comments

• I have an 08 sierra does the cd player have rca jacks on the back of it so I can run cables from there to an amplifier or do I have to change my cd player to an aftermarket type?
  • thegoat5thegoat5 Posts: 1
    edited March 2011
    Hey, I have a question if anyone knows an answer I would really appreciate it. Stock 2008 GMC Sierra radio with xm and onstar: I had my Zune plugged in with an aux cord and I hit the cord at the stereo. I broke the aux port(the plastic around it and inside). The question is, do I need to replace the whole stereo or is there a replacement for the aux port inside the radio? Thanks
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,169
    limegreenbrute,
    Can you email me your question and VIN?
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • dirtyboydirtyboy Posts: 1
    edited April 2011
    There is something wrong with my CD palyer, I think. When I press and hold the FF button it doesn't fast forward as it should. It just kind of skipping frame by frame, a bit faster than normal speed. It is far from fast forwarding. It is not the same as in any other GM vehicle I have had.

My truck is still under the warranty. Service department looked at it and they said that it just may be the way how they designed this particular (6-disk) CD palyer. I don't think this is the case. I have had several GM vehicles and none of them have had this kind of problem.

Is there anybody who has GMC Sierra HD 2008? Please, let me know if you are experiencing similar problems or not.

Thanks, Tim
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,169
    Hi Tim,

Could you please email me your VIN so I can look into this further for you?

Thanks,
    Laura
    GM Customer Service
  • I have a 2008 SLE1 w/ AM/FM/CD/MP3 format and speakers are going in and out. What I mean by that is when vehicle is cold it will only play out of the top dash speaker w/tweet sound only. When vehicle is warm to hot (to the touch) all speakers will play.
    Additionally, the door open warning chime is at a very very low audible sound. How do I fix???
  • I just bought a JVC DVD reciever+navigation, 2 subs, 4 door speakers, and I have two four channel amps. My main question is...on my stereo itself what do I have to connect my ACC up to? I know im supposed to hook it to the fuze box but is there a shorter easier route? Also, the blue cable for Power Antenna...do I have to hook that up if my antenna is always up? The light green cable supposed to hook to the parking break, I know i can ground that to the other black ground. Will this mess it up?
  • When I went to start my vehicle this morning it barely turned over because the batter didn't have enough juice and when this happened the display went out on the radio. When I hit the tune button the time will pop up but then it just goes back out. I am able to eject cds and insert them into the player so it has power but it won't turn on. I tried unplugging the back of it but thought my there is a way to reset it??????? Someone please help!!!!!
  • In addition to considering a new battery, a few other factors to keep in mind include a possible tune-up (especially spark plugs/wires: I've experienced difficulty with my vehicle starting before due to this) or the alternator. Please don't consider this an official diagnosis, however. If you should decide to work at a General Motors dealership, send us an email with more information and we'd be happy to assist in the process.

Regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • Im having the same issue, since the cold weather hit my speakers wont play..only my tweeters. really hoping there is a quick fix
  • i don't believe there are RCA jacks on these, but you can tap into the speaker wires to send signal to the amp. had an amp installed in my truck and that's how they did it.
  • I don't have a subscription to XM radio with my 2011 GMC Sierra, instead we have a portable XM radio that we move from vehicle to vehicle. When I plug this portable radio into the Aux port, sound only comes out of the left front speakers (drivers side). Thus sound for music is not good and passenger can't hear it so well unless too loud for driver. Is this normal? I would expect the sound to come from all speakers...
  • jmcfwjmcfw Posts: 1
    Is it possible to swap the stock radio in our 2010 Silverado for the one in our 2011 GMC Sierra and if it is, how do we do it?

Thanks,
    Melissa
  • rgarga Posts: 2
    edited January 2012
    I have a new 2011 Seerra PU with DVD player, onstar and GPS map all built into the radio and screen. I use an Ipod Nano 8g to play most all my music. I have several other devices that play these same Ipods. Including and alpine radio plus the stock radio on my motorcycle. The motorcycle displays the songs and gives me complete control over the Ipod like this radio does. However in my truck about 1/3 of my songs will not play. it is just nothing for the time each song is suposed to play. All my songs are ripped with Itunes and are the AAC audio. Any Ideas what I need to do. The mechanic thinks I need to convert to a differant format or codec but can not tell me which format.
  • glen_lglen_l Posts: 1
    I'm having the same issue with my 06 envoy after changing the battery. I've had it happen a couple times before when i've boosted it where after the boost the radio wouldn't turn on but it would correct itself after i start the engine two or three more times, I'd always assumed that it was some kind of power save feature where the on board computer would detect a low battery and disable the stereo until it had a chance to charge (never really looked into it, might have just been a glitch) but I changed my battery a few weeks ago and it hasn't come back to life yet. Like you said, if i hit the power button the back lights come on, if i hit info the clock comes up for a bit and it has the right time and I can load and unload cd's just fine. I've noticed the security system indicator light doesn't flash either so maybe it's not communicating with whatever unit it compares VIN's with to make sure it's the right head unit. I'm trying to exhaust all options before i bite the bullet and bring it in. Have you had any luck with yours?
  • Per page 7-36 of the owner's manual, it looks like the supported file types are those with an .mp3 or .wma file extension, or. AAC files stored on an iPod.

Hope this is helpful for you!
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • I understand wanting to find the root cause on your own, and wish you luck! I wasn't able to find any trouble-shooting resources on my end.

If you do end up having to go in, let us know!
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • rgarga Posts: 2
    all my songs are the AAC type. I convert all when I bring them into I-Tunes and then store them on the i-pod. I-Tunes used to say something about converting to a higher bit rate or something but it just asks if I want to create AAC version now with all the updates it has gone thru.
  • 07 GMC 2500 SLE
    Same issue, almost. Mine goes in and out when it rains or the humidity gets really high. Once it dries out its fine, only the front tweeters work when this happens. Drives me crazy, any and all help appreciated.
  • Have you tried formatting all of them in the other two to see if it makes a difference?
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • While I cannot advise on technical aspects of the vehicle, I am available to assist in working with a dealership. I wish I could help more right now, and hope that you are able to get some insight from other community members.
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • AM/FM disk factory radio powers up, display but no audio. A faint high level is heard on high volumn setting. Dealer wants $110 to hook up a "diagnostic computer" and go from there.
    This problem started 6 months ago with short beginning outage and got worse to nothing now. Help
  • I understand that diagnostic fees can be difficult; if you do end up deciding to work with your dealer, I just wanted to make sure you knew we were available to you. All the best!
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • jtempleton14jtempleton14 Posts: 5
    edited April 2012
    I have the same problem with my 08. It started with the chime then a few speakers. Now all but the A pillar tweeters work. One rear speaker comes on sometimes but this is no fun. I have an extended warranty on mine but i dont know if it covers this.
  • gmcustsvcsarahgmcustsvcsarah Posts: 1,964
    jtempleton14,

Was your extended warranty one of our GMPPs (General Motors Protection Plans)? If so, I can look into what is covered for you: please send us the last 8 of your VIN to socialmedia@gm.com

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • no it a compainy my dealer uses. Dont know the name. My dealer is Carl Black in Kennesaw Ga.
  • gmcustsvcsarahgmcustsvcsarah Posts: 1,964
    I'm sorry - I unfortunately don't have access to third-party service contract information. I would recommend contacting your dealership to discuss the terms of the contract.

Regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • crc5crc5 Posts: 1
    I'm interested to see the outcome of this I have the same problem from my 2008 GMC Sierra. Any updates?
  • sroma22sroma22 Posts: 1
    Hi, Just wondering if you ever fixed your problem with the sound from tweeters only? im having the same issue in an 07 avalanche. Thanks, Steve
  • The dealer told me all my speakers had shorted out. They replaced the door speakers and it is working. I thought it was the radio but it was the speakers.