Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Audio/Radio

Comments

• I have an 09 sierra extended cab sle. I was wondering how to go about taking the stock radio out so that i could reach the back of it. Any advice? thanks.
  • opc167opc167 Posts: 14
    My 2003 1500hd has XM but I want to upgrade to a radio with bluetooth and nav-ready. What I didn't know is, my local radio stores are telling me that the steering controls and XM antenna has to be replaced/converted. Does anyone know of a possible brand that I can upgrade to without changing all this stuff over or am I dummed? Hell, that another 300.00 on top of the cost of a new radio!

:mad:
  • opc167opc167 Posts: 14
    Is there a kit to add hands-free capibility to my factory 2003 GMC XM/Onstar/bose radio? New radios are bluetooth ready, but I would like to add this feature if there was a kit.
  • m_samplem_sample Posts: 1
    i have a 01 silverado 3500 ext cab with stock delco and i run a 4000 watt lanzar pro max amp pushing 2 15" high exscursen excite subs running @ 2omh 1650 watts ea. rms i used a passive eq with x-bass sub outs with a slide control to adjust sub levels. and im running a old la sound 1000 watt amp. to my excite componet set and it sounds awsome hits hard and deep mids and high perfect. nothing wrong with delco radio's this is my 4th system to build useing them +++++++++
  • yes slighty push in park brake till dvd player starts working
  • so on my 05 sierra i put a cd in the player and it seems to not recognize it. when i firdt got it (used) i put one in and it spit it out, stuck it back in and it played. but recently not the case. Anybody know why is the eye dirty?
  • obyoneobyone Posts: 8,065
    Cleaning a 5 year old CD player would be a good start.
  • blimpyblimpy Posts: 8
    edited July 2010
    I had a NAV radio installed in my 2008 Sierra and I would like to install the factory sierra radio into my 2007 Lacrosse. The Sierra factory radio has XM which I don't need, it also has the MP3 port which I do need. The Lacrosse does not have XM which I don't need. Both vehicles have Onstar, the current Lacrosse radio is a OEM cheapy CD. Not sure I want to tear into the Lacrosse without more info and some direction.

Any experiences?

bumpy
  • Very easy. The plastic trim panel around your radio and A/C controls pops out. Use a plastic pry bar or plastic spreader knife to get in and pop it loose. Take out the four 7mm bolts to get the radio out.

I just replaced the standard AM/FM radio in my 2010 Sierra Work Truck with a unit of of an '09 Denali with CD player and XM ready. Plugged it in -- it works perfectly. Don't be afraid. This is really easy stuff.
  • obyoneobyone Posts: 8,065
    The plug for the Bose headunit out of the Denali plugs into the non-Bose plug in your truck?
  • I have an 08 sierra does the cd player have rca jacks on the back of it so I can run cables from there to an amplifier or do I have to change my cd player to an aftermarket type?
  • thegoat5thegoat5 Posts: 1
    edited March 2011
    Hey, I have a question if anyone knows an answer I would really appreciate it. Stock 2008 GMC Sierra radio with xm and onstar: I had my Zune plugged in with an aux cord and I hit the cord at the stereo. I broke the aux port(the plastic around it and inside). The question is, do I need to replace the whole stereo or is there a replacement for the aux port inside the radio? Thanks
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,001
    limegreenbrute,
    Can you email me your question and VIN?
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • dirtyboydirtyboy Posts: 1
    edited April 2011
    There is something wrong with my CD palyer, I think. When I press and hold the FF button it doesn't fast forward as it should. It just kind of skipping frame by frame, a bit faster than normal speed. It is far from fast forwarding. It is not the same as in any other GM vehicle I have had.

My truck is still under the warranty. Service department looked at it and they said that it just may be the way how they designed this particular (6-disk) CD palyer. I don't think this is the case. I have had several GM vehicles and none of them have had this kind of problem.

Is there anybody who has GMC Sierra HD 2008? Please, let me know if you are experiencing similar problems or not.

Thanks, Tim
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,001
    Hi Tim,

Could you please email me your VIN so I can look into this further for you?

Thanks,
    Laura
    GM Customer Service
  • I have a 2008 SLE1 w/ AM/FM/CD/MP3 format and speakers are going in and out. What I mean by that is when vehicle is cold it will only play out of the top dash speaker w/tweet sound only. When vehicle is warm to hot (to the touch) all speakers will play.
    Additionally, the door open warning chime is at a very very low audible sound. How do I fix???
  • I just bought a JVC DVD reciever+navigation, 2 subs, 4 door speakers, and I have two four channel amps. My main question is...on my stereo itself what do I have to connect my ACC up to? I know im supposed to hook it to the fuze box but is there a shorter easier route? Also, the blue cable for Power Antenna...do I have to hook that up if my antenna is always up? The light green cable supposed to hook to the parking break, I know i can ground that to the other black ground. Will this mess it up?
  • When I went to start my vehicle this morning it barely turned over because the batter didn't have enough juice and when this happened the display went out on the radio. When I hit the tune button the time will pop up but then it just goes back out. I am able to eject cds and insert them into the player so it has power but it won't turn on. I tried unplugging the back of it but thought my there is a way to reset it??????? Someone please help!!!!!
  • In addition to considering a new battery, a few other factors to keep in mind include a possible tune-up (especially spark plugs/wires: I've experienced difficulty with my vehicle starting before due to this) or the alternator. Please don't consider this an official diagnosis, however. If you should decide to work at a General Motors dealership, send us an email with more information and we'd be happy to assist in the process.

Regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • Im having the same issue, since the cold weather hit my speakers wont play..only my tweeters. really hoping there is a quick fix