Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Mustang Fox Body 79-93

2»

Comments

• Will newer model spindles and axels fit my '84. Ive heard yes and no, neone actually done it?
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Central CTPosts: 10,060
    i had an 83 turbo coupe, and bought a full size spare with a steel rim.
    i kept it after i sold the car.
    one time i tried to put it on my '91 gt, they are both 4 lugs, but it wouldn't fit over the spindle cover.
    you might need different wheels if you change the spindles.
    hope this helps.
  • http://mjbobbitt.home.comcast.net/~mjbobbitt/mustang/5lug.html

Read through this site, it should tell you everything you need to know. If you have any other questions just e mail me at carterdonnieb@yahoo.com and I will help you all I can. Don
  • Check all the plastic bushings in the pedal assembly under the dash including the quadrant. If any of them are worn/broken it will cause the pedal to rattle around. As for the running issue, check your fuel filters, check the fuel for water, and lastly check all the engine grounds you can find.
  • thanks for the info, the sight was really helpful, and now im on my way to a more cost effective 5 lug conversion, thanks again
  • Your welcome, the site got me set up on mine as well. Glad to help man.
  • richbloomrichbloom Posts: 1
    Still have it? I just bought one 2 weeks ago. :P
  • first check your door hinge pins/bushings probably bad and door sagging
  • seponaaseponaa Posts: 2
    I have been looking for info regarding my specific breed of pony but it seems there are no threads with anything specific.

Here is what my car is:

1986 Ford Mustang LX Foxbody Notchback 4 Cyl 2.3 L
    Orig Color Sand Beige with same for interior.

I would like to find some info on production numbers if anyone has some.

Also would love for ya guys to post anything you know at all about this car. I am on a fact finding mission and I must know everything....
  • seponaaseponaa Posts: 2
    you can try 50resto.com I found alot of great stuff there
  • j91lxj91lx Posts: 1
    YES! any fox body with the 5.0 in that good of condition for that price is an amazing deal. i just got a 91 lx in good condition for 2700 and that was nearly a steal. buy that car.
2»