Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Mustang Fox Body 79-93

Comments

• chuck91chuck91 Posts: 1
    I have a 1991 LX Mustang and it is a 2.3L with a T5 Tran. and i am tryin to make it into a 5.0L. I have a 1970 Cugar that has a 302 with a C4 tran. on it... Will i beable to use that motor in my Fox or what? The Cugar is over is seattle so i cant really look for my self but i am wondering if i even want to go load it up and bring it back... So let me know if anyone knows if i can use that 302 in my Fox. Thank You!
  • themole57themole57 Posts: 3
    As far as i know you should not have any trouble with that swap...driveshaft issues and radiator issues should be all that you encounter because the t-5 is standard and the c6 is automatic,so you will have to change radiators to allow for cooler lines also your original driveshaft will not work it will be a diffrent length...while your there you should really think about changing rear ends cause your 4 cylinder rear wont like the power from the 5.0...hope i helped.i just installed a 347 in my 86 fox so dont get downhearted...trust me its well worth the time and work
  • themole57themole57 Posts: 3
    not a c6 tranny but your c6
  • fiveohmanfiveohman Posts: 3
    Hey gang!

My cherry '88 5.0 LX needs some tuning-up, and some possible MAP sensor problems addressed.

Can anyone post some contact info regarding a good/honest/reputable mechanic OR shop in the SE Michigan area that is knowledgeable about 5.0's?

Thanks!

FiveOhMan
    Metro-Detroit Michigan
  • I have a 92 mustang 4 cylinder 5 speed,the clutch cable broke so i replaced it and had to adjust the cable. After i did that theres like a rattling noise now. Anyone familiar with this and if so how could i fix it? Secondly,i drove my car not but 2 secs ago and and in second gear at about 3500 rmp my car loses power as if im letting off the gas but im not. Anyone have any idea what it might be. Spark plugs maybe?
  • wildtangwildtang Posts: 1
    I'M RESTORING AN 82 5.0 FOR MY BOSS AND THE MOULDINGS ARE WASTED, THEY ARE WARPED, BEEN PAINTED A FEW TIMES,AND ARE FULL OF CRACKS. I HAVE LOOKED EVERYWHERE,AND CANT FIND ANYBODY WHO SELLS THEM. SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP!!!
  • what type of questions
  • will a door from a 86 mustang t-top work on my 86 convertible.
  • No, the side mirrors are different, and the side glass is taller in the convertibles. You would have a gap when rolled all the way up.
  • i have an 84, it came with the 2.3l and t5 as well, now it has a 5.0L and a c4, u can use that motor. It being in a cougar the mounts might be a lil different, but i got mine out of an 88 5.0 and it colted up no prob.
  • Will newer model spindles and axels fit my '84. Ive heard yes and no, neone actually done it?
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Central CTPosts: 9,446
    i had an 83 turbo coupe, and bought a full size spare with a steel rim.
    i kept it after i sold the car.
    one time i tried to put it on my '91 gt, they are both 4 lugs, but it wouldn't fit over the spindle cover.
    you might need different wheels if you change the spindles.
    hope this helps.
  • http://mjbobbitt.home.comcast.net/~mjbobbitt/mustang/5lug.html

Read through this site, it should tell you everything you need to know. If you have any other questions just e mail me at carterdonnieb@yahoo.com and I will help you all I can. Don
  • Check all the plastic bushings in the pedal assembly under the dash including the quadrant. If any of them are worn/broken it will cause the pedal to rattle around. As for the running issue, check your fuel filters, check the fuel for water, and lastly check all the engine grounds you can find.
  • thanks for the info, the sight was really helpful, and now im on my way to a more cost effective 5 lug conversion, thanks again
  • Your welcome, the site got me set up on mine as well. Glad to help man.
  • richbloomrichbloom Posts: 1
    Still have it? I just bought one 2 weeks ago. :P
  • first check your door hinge pins/bushings probably bad and door sagging
  • seponaaseponaa Posts: 2
    I have been looking for info regarding my specific breed of pony but it seems there are no threads with anything specific.

Here is what my car is:

1986 Ford Mustang LX Foxbody Notchback 4 Cyl 2.3 L
    Orig Color Sand Beige with same for interior.

I would like to find some info on production numbers if anyone has some.

Also would love for ya guys to post anything you know at all about this car. I am on a fact finding mission and I must know everything....
  • seponaaseponaa Posts: 2
    you can try 50resto.com I found alot of great stuff there